Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Gucci Beauty Thread

I was surprised to realize that we didn’t yet have a thread for Gucci Beauty. (As always, someone correct me if I’m wrong!)

This brand has slowly but surely been creeping into my radar. And each product has pleasantly exceeded my expectations for performance by a lot! 

I think my first item was the Gucci Sun-Kissed Glow Bronzer , followed by the Gucci Stylo Définition l'Obscur Eyeliner black . While the Gucci Beauty products are definitely on the pricier side, the packaging is always impeccable, and I have not been disappointed with a single thing

The eyeliner and the Gucci Gucci Crayon Définition Sourcils Eyebrow Pencil really LAST! My hooded eyes wreak havoc on eyeliners, but this one has a crisp point and clean lines that stay in place. The eyebrow pencil is not too soft and it really stays all day. It has quickly become my go-to brow product. The Gucci Matte Beauty Powder 02 Medium Fair # gives a lovely skin like finish, and the Gucci Luminous Matte Beauty Blush 01 Silky Rose  is pigmented and blends beautifully! 

I’ve been testing the new Gucci foundation Gucci 24 Hour Full Coverage Luminous Matte Finish Foundation 270N)  and am having trouble finding a color, but wow, does that foundation stay on! I will post my experience soon below, but swatches stayed on my arm for well more than 24 hours under my sleeve. Crazy staying power. I don’t actually have any lipsticks yet, but planning to remedy that before the end of the sale. I have tried a deluxe of the mascara and loved that as well! 

Additionally, I do have a few Gucci perfumes, including the Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia Eau de Parfum  which was gifted by Sephora in the 2021 Holiday Gratis, and I purchased the Gucci Flora Gorgeous Jasmine Eau de Parfum 1.6 oz / 50 mL . The Memoire d’une Odeur is gentle and fresh. The Gucci Guilty is a throwback from my early fragrance collection, but still sexy and bold.

Please join me in posting your thoughts, faves, new releases, and any beautiful product shots here, Gucci fans!

400E7436-960B-416A-B617-4718B4AAA01F.jpeg7E924E35-EC80-40DA-B628-22273C89CFA6.jpegCC07F6ED-0581-4582-8589-853F81F42976.jpeg44EE35AF-9AE7-4EB5-A3F9-A7C30AF46722.jpeg

Re: The Gucci Beauty Thread

Thank you! The blushes are really nice! At least the one I have, I reach for often! I wish I could find a good shade in the Gucci foundation! I tried so many during the sale, but no good, sadly. Maybe one day! @Saradestin 

So I got ONE only of the Gucci quads....And glad I did. I like it but not ground breaking by no means....

Gucci 2.jpgGucci 1.jpg

Oooh pretty thank you for sharing @ChristalM !

Pretty! @ChristalM 

Thanks for sharing, @ChristalM !  I've been on the fence about the quads.  The colors look lovely on you. 😘

@Titian06 I will say the peach shade is a stunner with great pigment. I like all the shades but that one stands out.

That quad has gorgeous shadows @ChristalM ! 😍

A new Gucci highlighter liquid coming! It’s at Holt Renfrew but should be coming to others. 

4B988BEB-80A3-4419-90BC-A55C9CB4AA25.png

From Holt Renfrew website: 

Gucci Beauty presents Gucci Illuminateur de Beauté, the House's first liquid face highlighter. These illuminating multi-use drops create a natural radiant, healthy-looking glow for a result that lasts all day. Expertly blended with ultra-fine luminous pearls and Black Rose extract, this glowing formula cares for the skin as it provides all day soothing & hydration. Available in one universal shade to flatter all skin tones.

• How to apply on Bare Skin: Extract 1-2 drops onto the back of the hand. With fingers or a foundation brush, pick up some of the highlighter and apply it to the entire face, starting from the centre of the face, working outwards.
  • How to apply Mixed with Foundation or Primer: Extract 1 drop onto the back of the hand. Add 1-2 pumps of Gucci foundation or primer and mix together. With fingers or a foundation brush, pick up some product and apply it to the entire face, starting from the centre of the face, working outwards.
  • How to apply On High Points: Extract 1 drop onto the back of the hand. With fingers or a foundation brush, pick up some of the highlighter and apply it to the high points of the face for glowing skin (upper cheekbones, brow bones, bridge of the nose and Cupid's bow).
  • 15 ml
  • Made in Italy

This highlighter looks amazing @sister13 ! 😃

Gorgeous collection @sister13!🤩

Thank you @faeriegirl !!

@sister13 @Gorgeous collection 

Thank you! @SportyGirly125 

@Titian06 - I just noticed a question on this one by @Girly2Shoes - I haven't tried the satin ones, so I'm not sure if they stain or not. Thanks! 

How do these satin lipsticks clean off? Do they stain the lips?

@Girly2Shoes @sister13 - This will sound funny, but I've never paid attention!  I use the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm to remove my makeup, including my lipstick.  So even if it stains, the Farmacy removes it with no problem.

@No, my dear @Titian06 it doesn't sound funny. Ladies don't have to worry about a trace of makeup left behind, but as a guy living in a community that doesn't approve of guys wearing makeup and dressing up, I fear the wrath of my wife noticing a reminant of colour on my lips.

@Girly2Shoes - What type of removal do you use?  Is it the removal method so you can try more products or are you wanting to ensure the lip product does not leave a trace (no staining products).  Balms or lip oils, which are popular right now, may be the way to go for no staining and they'll keep your lips moisturized.

Occasionally the Farmacy Balm is in the Rewards Bazaar so you can try a decent size sample to see how you like it.  Another makeup remover that I like for lipstick is Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover 6.7 oz/ 200 mL .  It works great on eye makeup as the name says, but I also use it on lipstick and when I need to swatch my collection to find the right color.

I'm sorry you're unable to be you around your loved ones and friends!  You have our love and support here in the Community! 😘

Gorgeous Gucci products @Titian06! 😍

Thanks, @Saradestin ! 💖💖💖

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 206 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos22
  • The black + star cases are Rouge A Levres Gothique metallic lipsticks.
  • 400E7436-960B-416A-B617-4718B4AAA01F.jpeg
  • CC07F6ED-0581-4582-8589-853F81F42976.jpeg
  • 7E924E35-EC80-40DA-B628-22273C89CFA6.jpeg
  • 44EE35AF-9AE7-4EB5-A3F9-A7C30AF46722.jpeg
  • 4B988BEB-80A3-4419-90BC-A55C9CB4AA25.png
  • Gucci 2.jpg
  • Gucci 1.jpg
  • 653F15F0-D1BF-4857-81C2-F03C9B860766.jpeg
  • 0A28F15F-7530-4AD5-9F6D-83F027414070.jpeg
  • D07B9E10-B793-404D-875E-3243FAFEA50D.jpeg
  • EBD5EF3B-3A60-4D58-B613-5DDC7AE54EFE.jpeg
  • 8EBFE3D1-2310-48CE-A4B1-46EFD0C4D5FF.jpeg