Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Semi mattes are hard to find @Sunnysmom agree.  I like the Huda Demi-matte liquid lips and the MAC amplified and Satin creme formula for consistency.  NYX ultra suede isn’t bad either.  Bite has some formulas too that are a good semi-matte consistency.  I tried some of the Fenty and it was hit and miss with certain shades.  

Thank you @2manyperfumes for good ideas. I like some of those too. I’m somewhere between a drier satin creamy matte girl. Lol. 

@Sunnysmom Beautiful! Love these colors!

Best,

Rebecca

Me too @RebeccaBT fun newness and packaging. I hear there are more new products coming down the pike soon also!

The colors are really pretty, @Sunnysmom! I'm sorry the a...

The colors are really pretty, @Sunnysmom! I'm sorry the arrived damaged. I was disappointed with the packaging of my last Bergdorf beauty order, too. All stores are going way too cheap with their shipping.

Re: The colors are really pretty, @Sunnysmom! I'm sorry the a...

Oh nice @curlychiquita , I haven’t tried those. What do you think of em? I would expect more of BG! Ugg. 

RE: The colors are really pretty, @Sunnysmom! I'm sorry the a...

Ugh @curlychiquita you too?! 😞 I’m so sorry. They just chuck em in a box and off they go!! Zero padding. What did you get from BG?! Such a great store I’m jealous!!

Re: RE: The colors are really pretty, @Sunnysmom! I'm sorry the a...

@Sunnysmom, I got my Tom Ford Glow Up cushion compact there because Sephora doesn't carry it yet.  Hopefully Sephora will pick up the line so that I can get my refill here.  But, yeah, BG just sort of threw it in a large box.

@Sunnysmom 

THANKS SO MUCH! I have been searching all over for some more information on these. I am Happy(?!) or sad t hear that they are not an absolutely need purchase 😞

Too bad because they are so pretty!

Ah well @ChristalM give em a try and see what u think for yourself maybe too!? I’m just not a person who likes a too satiny formula if it may bleed or not last too long but it does feel nice on and maybe you would love em for summer etc. lol. I’m fussy. Like matte but not too , so maybe just satin matte?! So many shades to choose from it was tricky! I’m going to go into my store and see if they have and I’ll search all of em if they have em. Have both Saks and Gucci in mall. Insane. Lol. Let me know what shades you may like if so otherwise I’ll just do em all! 🙂

@Sunnysmom  OMG you are amazing!

Sadly I would have to order blind. I was most interested in the sheer formula I will admit because of the beautiful rose cases. Specifically I was looking at Marina Violet in that formula and Grand Hotel in the other. But yeah I would rather a matte formula as well 😞

Btw @ChristalM a SA told me new products also coming soon, foundation, hopefully mattes too she said! 

@Sunnysmom  Nice!

Here you go @ChristalM It was so busy in there I didn’t dare swatch all! lol. I grabbed these fast to do- yours are on far right and next to right. Far right is Marina Violet and to left of it Grand Hotel. (Others are random colors.) Both so pretty and Sheer formula has more color than I thought. I added a few more for science 😊top to bottom is Diana sheer, Louisa sheer and Myra crimson my favorite of all of em in the line. Hope this helps at all! DECBDD66-ABA7-4240-AE70-EBF770057F1C.jpeg

89290547-6C8B-4FE8-8995-6CCF04641561.jpeg

Diana sheer, Louisa sheer, Myra crimson SatinDiana sheer, Louisa sheer, Myra crimson Satin

@ChristalM Oops I see I made a mistake in what I wrote on colors - they are reversed - Grand Hotel is on far right and Marina Violet to the left of it! Very sorry for any confusion! 

I know @ChristalM ! I wanted that one too but just couldn’t just for the pretty case. If I do I’ll let you know but doubtful vs just swatching if I can see them! I’ll look for those for sure if so. ☺️

@Sunnysmom  OMG thank you so much for this! I really appreciate it! I think I might have to place that order...HAHA

Ha ha @ChristalM “hits order button”...! 😬

I am happy to go back in and swatch any others you want to see also as they aren’t as busy during week. Probably be back in next few days. 

@Sunnysmom  Oh don't tempt me! HAHA

lol offer stands anytime @ChristalM

@Sunnysmom  I had my eye on several rusty shades to but the names escape me at the moment. I will take another look...

4,943 Replies
testing