Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Thanks for swatches @makeitup305 , very helpful as I’m pondering the new Tower concealer! 

@Sunnysmom If you‘re similar to me in skintone, I’d go for DTLA if you want something a little more brightening, EP if you want something that’s you’re skin tone. The formula is really nice, it looks super smoothing although maybe not the longest wearing. I have to give it a full day wear test still.

Thanks @makeitup305 , yup I was looking at 5 mainly or 4 or 6! I need to probably go in and check out sooner than later. Despite many that I like I’m always seeking a better one! 🤦🏻‍♀️ I do like a brightening smooth glowing formula vs a heavier more matte even tho I do have dark circles. Thank goodness for correctors too. 

@Sunnysmom I usually need a corrector too. This is the Tower 28 with no corrector and no setting powder after about 5-6 hours. It faded but did so gracefully lol I’m also wearing it dotted on my face in a few spots over a light tinted moisturizer. The formula is top notch, maybe similar to the Giorgio Armani in the combination of lightweight but good coverage. **Some of the darkness might be due to slight mascara and liner smudge.
IMG_2889.jpegIMG_2888.jpeg

IMG_2886.jpeg

@makeitup305 such pretty Eyeshadow!

It looks really terrific on you @makeitup305 thank you! Also your shadow! I love to use concealer in place of tints. Great , can’t thank you enough! 😘

Natasha Denona I Need a Nude Eyeshadow Palette shimmers (first 6) vs Makeup by Mario Ethereal Eyes Palette shimmers/toppers (second 5). It was very overcast so it was hard to capture the true sparkle these shades have. MbM might be slightly sparklier in those topper shades (#3 and #6) but barely. ND has more shimmers (new formula) and a couple of satins and regular shimmers. Let me know if you want swatches of the whole palette or comparisons.IMG_2866.jpegIMG_2864.jpegIMG_2863.jpeg

@makeitup305 ,

Thank you for the beautiful swatches!  I'm strongly considering this Palette!  Your swatches help those decisions so much!

@makeitup305 beautiful swatches! It has  everything I love: nudes, neutrals and cool tones. Darn it!

@TraceyEB I know, it's hard to resist!

This is so pretty on you @makeitup305 , thanks for showing us! 😍 This palette is getting harder and harder for me to resist! May have to give in! 😭 

@Sunnysmom I think anyone on the lighter end of the skintone spectrum would really enjoy it.

Lovely @makeitup305 can't wait for mine to come in! 🥰

My sentiments exactly @sonnydee! Thanks so much for the swatches @makeitup305;  counting the days for mine to arrive.

As requested @SurprisedLemur but this is picture heavy so thought it would be best on its own...how do the new palette from Pat McGrath PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership XI Eyeshadow Palette: Sunlit Seduction  4 special shades compare to her older, baked special shades. Cold truth. They don't. 😕😬 but I did find the newer "special" shades to be more pigmented. I swatched each how I personally would wear them ..applied with my finger, but  No primer. Some were hard to photo.. couldn't really catch the shift..

0820231934.jpg

 hope it's not too confusing..

0820231951.jpg

 after looking at them all, these had some that were close/ I wanted to actually swatch & compare 

0820231953_HDR.jpg

PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership II Eyeshadow Palette – Sublime  top right in sublime vr nectar I swatched both pinky shades in sunlit astral pink fetish & astral gilded aura. Aura was the closer of the 2 but chunkier with more gold

0820231957.jpg

 old palette swatches will always be closest to my watch. The baked ones were smoother & had flash. 

0820232000_HDR.jpg

 #Pat McGrath mother ship subversive III vr pink looks purple in palette. Vs. Astral amethyst allure . Old one was pink at swatch, smoother & had shift

0820232003.jpg

PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction  rose gold 005 vs. Astral gilded aura 

0820232005_HDR.jpg

 rose gold 005 is bottom left 

0820232008.jpg

 astral pink was more pink but I swatched the other shade like the rose gold it was closer but still chunkier. 

0820232011_HDR.jpg

Pat McGrath decadence didn't have any special glittery shades at all so I didn't swatch anything

#Pat McGrath divine rose 2 smoother shades but none really close so I didn't swatch

PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership IX Eyeshadow Palette: Huetopian Dream 

Astral venusian orchid vs. Astral gilded aura 

0820232012_HDR.jpg

0820232013.jpg

 astral was too pink

They are still pretty but not as smooth as the older ones. The new ones do have more of the color pop though. I did see some close shades of the others-especially the mattes but didn't swatch . Hope this helps someone. 🖤

Thanks for all your swatches and comparisons, @sonnydee !  I love your Pat McGrath drawer!  😊  Beautiful, of course!

Thanks @tsavorite  🥰

@sonnydee, try using a short-burst recording or video if you want to capture the shade shifting 📹 lovely collection!💖 

Thanks @missaa8  I was afraid to make my post too "busy". In the past, if it was large it would glitch & not post & I would have to start all over again (this is why I separate my hauls) & if I had to start all over with this 😭 

Fabulous swatches, @sonnydee 🤩

@sonnydee thanks for all the swatches and comparisons 😘

4,943 Replies
testing