Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I thought the same thing! I even said that to someone today when I was asked abut the new palette. I don't own it but I'm using the similarities to Afterglow and the fact I have Champagne Pop on it's own as justification for not purchasing it.

For @guzelkiz ! And also an unsolicited swatch

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

Indoor/office lighting is above, window lighting below.

Top to Bottom:

UD Shame

BITE LLLR 001

Marc Jacobs No Angel

BITE Amuse Bouche Honeycomb

**Notes on No Angel and Honeycomb: 

In the arm swatches they look similar, but Honeycomb is definitely more pink leaning than No Angel. It also looks paler/milkier on my lips than the MJ shade does, but that may have something to do with my natural lip color being a pale beige/mauve (my lips do not have much natural color to them). 

Ahh thank you @malday !  Wow Shame is redder than the Bite.  Not sure how that's going to fly.  My mom has been borrowing the Bite lipstick from me all the time so I'm searching for a similar color she'd wear and she doesn't like red reds.  So I guess I'll keep looking.  

I believe Nori is a little more similar to 001, just a little more brown if you want to try that?

I had Nori but that formula just does not work for me. Although since this is for my mom maybe it will work for her.  

@guzelkiz Not sure if these really help you, but I have swatches that include Shame (I was testing them against MJ Editrix). Would your mom like Editrix or NYX Siren? 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/m-p/2439069#M5395

@TKLJ So this is funny.  I actually ordered Editrix yesterday because the swatches made me think it's very similar to 001.  It is waiting at my UPS store so when I pick it up maybe tomorrow I'll let you know if it is similar.  Thanks for the swatches!  It really reiterates my own thinking.  I hope it works out!

Thank you for the comparison to Honeycomb!

I just got No Angel and love it, but I swatched it next to Honeyberry pencil (which I found nearly identical to Honeycomb) and decided I didn't need Honeycomb, as well.  

The fact that you've described Honeycomb as paler and milkier tells me I would not like it on me 🙂

@malday PLEASEEEE post a picture with Honeycomb on the lippies. I wanted to get this shade but was too scared that it would make me look washed out! 😃

I'll try to grab a pic later!

You're welcome Mocha! I remember seeing you mention the two shades somewhere so that made me curious about their similarities. I love Honeycomb, but not on me. It's one of those shades that I have to pair with a darker nude liner just to avoid looking parched lol.

Does anyone have a swatch of Tom Ford's Lips and Boys lipstick in Alejandro? I've seen a few pictures online, but I'm still having a hard time determining how light/dark it is and if there is a magenta tone to it.

I swatched much of my red collection here for comparison purposes. Lighting isn't the best since it's dark outside 😉 

alejandro is the long vertical line. It's a tricky dupe because of the shimmer. But you'll see it does lean pink. 

image.jpeg

Horizontal swatches he's on the left, from top to bottom: 

Star Wars Covergirl Red 30

Guerlain Rouge Parade

Burberry Military Red

Besame American Beauty

Dior Be Dior

Bite Meritage

Nars Cruella

TF Joaquin 

TF Kingston

Guerlain Kiss Kiss 325

TF, Guerlain and Star Wars.  Perfect!  Love!

Thank you so much! Out of curiosity, how do you like TF's Joaquin?

I don't know what's going on here, whether it's my lipstick, my lips, or my eyes, but every time anyone describes Joaquin I take mine out and wonder if we're talking about the same lipstick at all.

On me Joaquin is not red, just pink. A reddish pink I suppose, but definitely a pink. Also, not muted. Not the brightest I own by a long shot, but if I had to pick one or the other to describe it I would go with "bright."

I spent a very long time staring at it and swatching the rest of my collection the other day, trying to find a shade similar enough that I could convince myself to trade Joaquin away. It just seems like it's not meant for me, and so many other people really love it. I do like how it looks on me, but it's a shade at the edge of my comfort zone. I would actually wear Roman before I'd wear Joaquin.

Maybe it's just the winter thing. I'm sure it will look more appealing to me once it's warmer.

Oops! Let me clarify. My comments on Joaquin were relative to Alejandro 🙂 

joaquin is a bold colour on me, very pigmented. Alejandro is a very bright, bold red and the berry toned on Joaquin are more toned down. 

I agree that Joaquin is more links- the link shimmer makes it appear more so! I find a lot of raspberry pink shades (or deep pinks) appear red on my lips. 

Sad he doesn't work for, Jaza 😞

Alejandro is my go to red for special occasions. A lip swatch of Alejandro, if it helps, tessie: 

image.jpeg

Thanks for the photo and the detailed comparison!

Aha! That makes sense re: the muted thing then. But I have definitely heard a bunch of people call Joaquin "red," and I still don't understand it.

It may also be they way it contrasts with my skin tone? But I wouldn't have thought I'm *that* yellow... hmm.

Joaquin is lovely! Very wearable since he's slightly muted. 

Thanks -- I'm trying to decide between the two. Having swatches of both is very helpful -- I appreciate it!

4,943 Replies
testing