Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@meganlisa a lip swatch is a swatch too if you ask me 😉

They aren't high in my list because of color range but I like seeing all the pictures people are posting 😄

@veronika23 Totally get it!  Someone put you on the tag list so you keep getting the photos!  I can understand the issue on the shades..

@meganlisa that's alright... even if it's not for me still like hearing about new stuff... especially this since so many people seem to like them 🙂

all together:

Spoiler
Gaswatchess.jpeg

after a few hours:

Spoiler
20161104_132435.jpeg

I was a bit bummed that they did not have a few I wanted to evaluate in store.

These are the missing colours

504, 503, 501, 301, 300 & 600

Niiiiice!!!   Thank you!  

Thank you for these swatches! I am so glad I was able to pick up 601 over the weekend online. I got it without seeing your swatches and I'm happy with the decision I made! 507 is on my list as well, will have to get it when it comes back in stock.

Lol I'm eyeing the same color. Pls post when you're wearing it(them) 😉

Anonymous Insider

Wow thank you @EvangelineDamon

507 and 302 are right up my alley!

Thank you @EvangelineDamon. Great to see them all lined up! I was going to ask if you had trouble getting them off 😉

i didn't take pictures but I also swatched some of the (older) maestro matte and the other long wear gloss (can't remember the name). I forgot how lovely they are! I still had some swatch remnants after washing my hands at least 10 times. 

This release has rekindled my love of Armani. 

@lipstick4soul, the stain was INSANE!

I scrubbed my arm that night with a mix of Dr. Bronner's and fractioned coconut oil and it barely made a difference. 

I ended up going to SiJcP the next day with my arm still stained from the night before

@pixiedust2@meganlisa, lipstick4soul,

Thank you all for alerting me to your new swatches!

507 was my favourite..So many like minded ladies here.

I'd greatly appreciate if any and all of you ladies could alert me to your thoughts/reviews when you compose them. I didn't pick any up during the sale but feel like I'll regret that decision the more I read reviews. Hoping 507 will be around for the discount in December.

@EvangelineDamon I got three and sort of wish I had gotten more.  Not that I "need" lipstick.  I've only tried 505 so far but also got 506 and 507.  507 is in the mail and I haven't had time to try 506 (will do today and report back).  So far I love 505.  I hope they're around later for the later discount as well.

So glad you like 505. I wound up getting 505 and 507 from random restocks during the sale, but they haven't arrived yet. 

@PrettyPaint I absolutely love 505.  I sort of want most of them but can't. The darker more purple ones wouldn't work on me but most of the shades are so perfect.  Can't wait to hear what you think!  Too bad so many sold out so fast.  I'm curious about 503 and 504 but my local store only had about half of the shades (the ones already swatched here).

@meganlisa I'm getting so excited for 505 to arrive. I don't tend to look great in purples either, but I love the range of neutrals and reddish shades. I'm curious about about 503 too. Haven't seen as much about that one.

@PrettyPaint I went to a store Sunday (rare) but the selection was limited.  They only carried half.  Had 503 or 504 been in stock I would have ordered them.  Oh well.  Maybe in December.  They're pricey so getting them during the sale was perfect.  But I wake up early and day one of the sale woke up to see a bunch of them already OOS.  At least they aren't limited edition.

@meganlisa Yeah I'm trying to stick to my favorites for now because they are pretty pricey at full price, and I'm not sure how long they will stay good/fresh once opened. 

@PrettyPaint You're totally right.  I've stopped buying shades I end up not wearing...and I'm keeping it simpler.  These might not last so long...

@EvangelineDamon I'll happily tag you! I love sharing my obsessions 🙂

507 should be here tomorrow! If this stupid zit above my lip finally dies overnight, I'll post a lip swatch  

Still jonesing over not grabbing 506, but I just can't afford it right now. Oh and total bummer, my in laws mailed me a $50 GC for my birthday and some evil postal worker stole it out of the envelope 😞 So sad. 

Wow swatches galore @EvangelineDamon! Thx!!!

@EvangelineDamon Those are great!  Thanks for doing it!  Odd that some are already missing....

Now, of course, I see other shades I need.  They really did a nice job with these.

image.jpeg

@EvangelineDamon Thank you so much for these swatches!! And for walking around with your arm covered in lipstick for hours! You're the best. 

I'm happy I grabbed 507 today, your swatches help validate my money going out the door 😄

4,943 Replies
testing