Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@SportyGirly125  Such a lovely shade of pink 💕

So pretty! @SportyGirly125 

This color is so pretty on you, @SportyGirly125 ! ❤❤❤

@Titian06 Thank you ☺️ 

So pretty! @SportyGirly125 

Swatches for @WinglessOne @AznAngelLiz @CynthieLu @CookieGirl1 of the Ensley Reign Lands of Enchantment and Cold Moon palettes.

Lands of Enchantment

20240203_150205.jpg

IMG_3348.JPEG

IMG_3351.JPEGIMG_3360.JPEG

Cold Moon (I swatched on my right arm so they're a little wonky)

cold moon mattes.jpg

IMG_3367.JPEGIMG_3375.JPEG20240203_145416.jpgIMG_3368.JPEGIMG_3376.JPEG

Thoughts: Both are really nice. Lands of Enchantment has more mattes and better range of colors/depth so it's more versatile. t has iridescent, multichrome, and holochrome shades. The mattes are very soft and only one is kind of patchy when swatched. I need to try it and see how it performs. Most of the sprakly shades are not as flaky/chunky as the ones in Cold Moon. Cold Moon has the same matte formula but to me, it needed more depth and maybe a lighter shade to provide a wider variety of looks. All the mattes are almost the same depth. Two of the sparkly shades (#4 and #10 from wrist to elbow) are just shimmery metallics and don't have a shift. However, shade #5 is probably one of the coolest shadows I own. Some of the holochromes have a more sheer base (like #1 and #2) which I think is not uncommon with holochromes. They're both gorgeous but I think I would go for LoE based on bang for your buck + the variety of shades you can achieve. 

Amazing colors! @makeitup305 

Wow these are just incredible colors and shades! They all look great on you! Do you have a favorite shade from this pallette? 💄❤️ @makeitup305 

Both beautiful! Such magical palettes 🎨 @makeitup305 

@peculiarzmakeup the fifth shade from the wrist almost makes the whole palette worth it on it’s own. Overall, though, I think I prefer the first palette over the second.

These swatches made me tap the conversation @makeitup305❤️❤️❤️ these are so beautiful!!!!

@happyskincare happy to share!

THESE ARE SOME AMAZING SWATCHES @makeitup305 omg the picture just drew me in 🥹👀😂🥰❤️❤️

@jaaayp 😍

Have you used them on your eyes already @makeitup305 ? I would love to see how they come together!!!! 😱

@jaaayp I’ve used both quite a few times. I really like both of them but I think Land of Enchantment offers a little more versatility. It’s hard to capture how fun the multichromes are in pictures because the lighting brings out different shades. All the pictures I currently have while wearing it are terrible but I’ll tag you when I post a good one!

Oooh! Please do @makeitup305 I'm just so curious how they'll show up on the eyes! Swatches themselves are like 😍😍😍 can't imagine how amazing they'll be on the eyes!!

@makeitup305 ,

I'm in love with all of the sparkly and holochrome swatches!  They are magic!

@tsavorite I agree! Give me all the shinies!

Thanks for the tag, swatches, and feedback, @makeitup305 ! Before reading your feedback, my eyes zeroed in on the 5th-from-wrist Cold Moon swatch. In your second CM photo, that swatch dang near looks like a sun dog. I’d happily buy that shade as a single and I can definitely see why you love it. And I like how Lands of Enchantment’s mattes all seem to compliment or match the sparkly shades. Both palettes swatched very well for you!

@WinglessOne it really is incredible. Ensley Reign does singles so I think we need to petition them to do that one as a single. In person, it goes through the whole rainbow. Karen Harris on YouTube and Noopur makeup on IG might give you more accurate swatches of what the mattes would look like on you if you're interested on picking them up down the line. 

4,943 Replies
testing