Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Great comparisons, @Sunnysmom! Thank you!

Oh good @curlychiquita ! These are such a pretty blush option. Have you tried them?! 

As usual, thank you so much for going to the trouble of getting us these swatches, and refreshing our minds if we have seen them before, @Sunnysmom !  These are gorgeous!  I see several likely suspects that I would like.   Watermelon, Hibiscus, and Dragonfruit.   Hibiscus is most likely my first choice. 

Uh, oh!  Now all we need is a Sale!  😊

Of course @tsavorite , so happy to do! Hibiscus is actually my favorite shade! Love it. So flattering and versatile for a lot of complexions I think. 💞 

Thank you very much for posting @Sunnysmom

Love to see what you get @Loretta55 ! 💞

I am thinking about getting Dragon fruit @Sunnysmom.

I think that would be super flattering with your coloring and your collection of lips too @Loretta55 ! 🌸

Unsolicited swatches of tinted moisturizers:

Left: Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer 26W in the shade 22W.

Right (all over hand): Estee Lauder DW Sheer in the shade 1N2 Ecru.

I purchased both using the color match on Sephora’s website. The Rare beauty one is waaay off and too dark on me so I will be returning. The EL DW sheer was perfect but so runny that I had to spread it all over my hand to avoid wasting product. Something to keep in mind when you squeeze for product!

For reference, I have fair skin with yellow undertones and usually wear EL DW in 1W1 Bone.

IMG_6800.jpeg

Bummer about the Rare Beauty shade match, @gonerogue. Good feedback on the consistency of the EL. Thank you!

If you hadn't said anything, @gonerogue , I wouldn't have known you had another product on your hand.  The EL shade match is perfect! 🙂

@Titian06  Perfect shade match, right?? It's still cold and cloudy (for the most part) in SF so I don't anticipate needing a darker shade any time soon. I think I'll use it up so I can get a darker shade when it starts to warm up. It's also velvet smooth and dries down quick. I'm excited to try it tomorrow 🙂

gonerogue_0-1683589195459.gif

Unsolicited swatches of: Gucci Transfer-proof Matte Liquid lipstick in the shades 25 (left) and 203 (right). For reference, I have fair skin with yellow undertones.

IMG_6802.jpeg

Hope you’re doing well @gonerogue 😘 These shade looks gorgeous on you 🌹🥰👌

Pretty colors, @gonerogue!

Really pretty on you @gonerogue ! 

Thanks for sharing, @gonerogue !  Both look lovely on you! 🥰

@Titian06  You're very welcome! Anything I can do to enable FOMO lol

@gonerogue Beautiful shades!

@Mellmars1185 Right? Looking forward to wearing them out!

4,943 Replies
testing