Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@greenchilli I'm quite biased since I'm a bit of a 'Dior girl', but I really like the new formula. I have it in Rouge 999 Matte and I think it performs as well as the Burberry Lip Velvet formula.

@DaintyDiva

First of all - my tags just started to work now.  Your message was the first one I received notification for.  Sweet!

On to Dior.  Thanks for the input!

Strangely enough, I had ordered 999 Matte shade from Saks a couple of months ago.  But they shipped me the regular formula, so I had to return it.  999 and Ambitious matte are the two shades I am interested in (cuz all the reds and burgundies).  I quite like the Burberry Velvet formula, so this is good news.

Gald to help! And honored of generating the first notification you received on BT 😄 @greenchilli

@greenchilli Sorry, I only swatched these in store and didn't apply them, so I can't speak to formula. For the 60 seconds they were on my hand, they felt nice.

Looking for swatches of Smashbox liquid lipsticks that are similar to Nars Jane? Last night while standing in line for Sephora checkout, I swatched a tester that was sitting close by..I totally forgot to check the shade name but fell in love with the color when I got home. It reminded me of a liquid version of Nars Jane. I think the smashbox could be driver's seat as per google? Anyone have both to swatch or know which shade it could be? Thanks!!

I'm like 99% certain you're talking about Driver's Seat.

I swatched it a few weeks ago (at the same time as Out Loud) and didn't buy it because it was too much like Jane, LOL.

@Mochapj @Anewxa.  

I happen to be at Sephora so.. Driver's Seat, Out Loud and Thrill Seeker vs NARS Jane:

20160929_141729-1.jpg

Mocha's right 😄 and now I want Out Loud lol.

@mochapj Thank you, so my guess was right, it is Driver's seat (what a name lol) and dupe for Jane! It works out since I have been wanting to pick up Jane. 

An extra thank you to @triestoboclassy for the swatches! Sorry if this enabled you in the process lol, Out loud is already on my list too also thanks to Mocha 😄

Now is there a liquid version for Nars Mona?? 🙈

Whoops sorry @TriesToBoClassy I do have out loud and it is gorge!

Anewxa, perhaps the shade called Disorderly? I feel like there was one that was similar 

Lol Out Loud looked amazing on you, and now that i have seen it in person.. 😄 

Can someone kindly post the comparison swatches of Nars DI blushes in Adoration and sexual content? 

Thank you @Mochapj Do you think sexual content shows easily on our skin tone?

@fatimamummy in all honesty, no.  I was really looking forward to this duo and it doesn't live up to it for me.

The light shade doesn't really show up as anything more than a sheen on the cheeks when you apply it as a blush (different than the intensity of a swatch)

The darker shade did show up, but I didn't find it terribly flattering on myself.  

I ended up being a lot more impressed with the other summer duo - Liberation.

Is there a specific tone you're looking for? I might be able to make a recommendation...

Thank you @Mochapj, Adoration and sexual content are both in the TSB which is on its way to me. So I wanted to get an idea how these two look and perform 😉

Ahh!  Lemme tag you in something... 😉

If anyone wants these.

Swatches of the urban decay Moondust palette

Without base

White base

Black base

specter.jpg

granite.jpg

element.jpg

lithium.jpg

magnetic.jpg

vega.jpg

lightyear.jpg

Note that lightyear is hard to get off and will stain your skin.

galaxy.jpg

What do you use for the black base @Julia526? Is it just a plain black eye-shadow or something else?

I used Nyx cosmetics Jumbo Pencil on Black Bean

Wow, your blues and greens swatch nothing like mine. Mine are very chalky/dusty, and I don't think I could wear them at all without a base.

I was also looking at Temptalia's review of the palette, and her descriptions of wear, application, and fallout for each shade did not all match up with my own experience. In particular, she described the blue and green shades and performing average/well relative to the others, and Element relatively poorly. In my palette it's the opposite.

I am beginning to think that there is actual variance among palettes in terms of formula quality of the different shades, rather than just personal opinion difference. So if you buy it and one of the shades you loved really sucks, you might try exchanging it for another I guess... I wouldn't mind having better-performing green and blue shades, but not enough to risk one of the others getting worse.

Thanks for the swatches!  The black base really seems to make them pop...I need to try that with my Solstice.

4,943 Replies
testing