Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

New SC eyeshadows. These are marked as "glitter" but idk if they contain actual glitter since they feel quite creamy. They are very pretty and shiny. From left to right these are SEPHORA COLLECTION Sephora Colorful® Eyeshadow 105 Twinkle Twinkle SEPHORA COLLECTION Sephora Colorful® Eyeshadow 104 Ballet Shoes SEPHORA COLLECTION Sephora Colorful® Eyeshadow 308 Smell Of Roses . The components themselves are not magnetic but it opens up at the bottom so you can take it out and depot it into a magnetic palette if you like. 

20240427_163722.jpg20240427_163659.jpg

Great to see these thank you @makeitup305 ! 🥰

1000016777.jpg

 swatches of the SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Contour Stick which kept selling out during the sale. The lightest shade is quite cool, so if you were looking for something almost gray, this might be it. The second to lightest was also very cool but seemed to have a little olive to it.

20240427_164717.jpg

The Light to Medium Shade (closest to the wrist) versus some of my other contour shades - Kevyn Aucoin Contour Stick in Light, I'M Meme, and Westman Atelier Biscuit. It's deepe and more brown.

@missjeanie here are the new Lip Lab lippies I ordered. Try saying that 3 times 🤣. They looked so similar I got worried but of course they are different! Lol well, similar , naturally ! Berry is like a deeper Beetroot I guess. These feel like the originals almost , maybe a little smoother but not like the last Bite we got from Sephora. Some are the citrus scent and others minty. Yum. 2 were damaged and they re-did them plus credited. Great CS! Love to hear if you try any! 🥰

IMG_1442.jpegIMG_1444.jpegIMG_1446.jpeg

There's a Lip Lab close to where I live and I've been wanting to try some of their new shades or customize one. How do you like the new formulas?

How fun @makeitup305 , you should go! I do like them. Some of mine are more matte and a few others are more satiny. They aren’t quite as heavy ish as originals or the last version that was more powdery. These are not that. I have always loved the taste of them. I love the mint as a breath freshener but the rose and citrus is so good too. I wish they were a little less $ but everything is so high anymore and these are such small batches so I really don’t mind, it makes sense. All of the SAs are so fun too. You gotta let me know if you do go! 

Thanks for the info @Sunnysmom. I wish they still had some of the LE holiday shades. I wonder if I go to the store if they can make that shade for me there. 

I think they can yes @makeitup305 ! They have the formulas on file etc! 

@Sunnysmom ooooh good to know!

Pretty colors, @Sunnysmom! Did they already exist or did you customize them? 

These shades all exist on their site @curlychiquita . When they first opened I did a few customized and that was such a fun experience . I love them! So I have both the original lab version and the latest vegan version. 🙂 💄

@Sunnysmom I was thinking of going for a Beetroot trifecta and try the lipstick, gloss and balm... but now that I see your swatches I really like the look of Berry Wreath!  

That’s a fun idea @missjeanie! I do love Berry Wreath tho! I also have a few of the others , LA, Chicago, maybe one other one. I’ll find the swatches if you want to see them, you may like those too. I kind of like the idea of the tinted balms ! 

@Sunnysmom Years ago I was all about the cream lipsticks but I swear now days I'm allll about the tinted balms.  They have quite a few shades that seem to be inspired by those from their old line up.  Every time I look at the site I'm switching up what I should snag.  I think I need to do a full swatch fest in daylight of what I have now to see where I have a gap in shades!

Yes @missjeanie ! Some repeats or as close as they can it appears. I’m so glad they do this! That’s a smart idea. Pretty sure there’s *ahem* way too many similars in my stash! 😭 I’m so weak for Lip Lab and obv others! 

Speaking of that, here are the other 2 recent ones I found from last year. Surely must be a coincidence the similarities eh?! 🥹 Not proud of that. 😔 These may be too intense for you if you’re more into balms but just fyi. ☺️ Same set up, funny. Lol 

IMG_1478.jpeg

IMG_1467.jpeg

@Sunnysmom Don't get me wrong... love a strong berry or fuschia lip!  I just seem more drawn to the easier to apply on the go factor of the balms and glosses.  I like not having to worry about a perfect lip line during the warmer months especially.  

Kinda crazy how different those two look in the tubes but then in swatches much more similar than I'd have thought.   I'd thought Chicago would have been more of a dark red, but it has more berry to it than imagined.  

Makes perfect sense @missjeanie , especially with warmer months coming! I’m probably awful because I don’t always do a good lip line vs just a messy smeared lip! I mean not really outside the lip but not probably as good as it should be unless I’m going out or dressed decently! Ugh! Chicago is interesting. It’s very pretty! Love to hear if you pick any up! 😊

Oooo, very pretty, @Sunnysmom ! 😍

@Sunnysmom I thought those were the new Clinique lippies!

16 Replies
testing