Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

They look awesome @itsfi ! How do you used this product?

Does anyone know when these are supposed to launch at Sephora???? I really wanna grab one!! Haha

So far it just looks like these are a Nordstrom exclusive not sure if they will actually make it their way elsewhere or after a certain duration

@Kiles, I havenโ€™t heard an official date but Iโ€™m sure someone will post once thatโ€™s been made known. If I see it, Iโ€™ll try to tag you with that info. 

Wow, @itsfi, I haven't read/watched any reviews on these but I guess I was expecting them to be more of a sheer product and not so pigmented!  Love the colors--they look very natural.

@CookieGirl1, I was initially nervous about the shades but youโ€™re right they do look natural and they can be sheered out - itโ€™ll take a bit more effort to do so because they are quite pigmented. Both shade will work for me, but Iโ€™m looking forward to seeing in late summer how the 100 shade will do for deepening foundations I already have. 

Ooh thank you @itsfi , I like the looks of these! Sticky at all or just smooth? Prob so if nicely blendable. I forgot to look the other day. Drats, does that mean I have to make a trip in to see them?! ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†

@Sunnysmom, Iโ€™m pleasantly surprised by these. Not sticky at all; feels very smooth and these last - color-wise and in terms of longevity. All that said, a trip to see for yourself (and maybe get a sample) might not be a bad idea. ๐Ÿ˜† Iโ€™ve only seen them at Nordstrom and Saks. Wonder if theyโ€™ll make their way here. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi that's nice to hear that they also have good longevity!

So i was in the store today and they had the display. I would love something in between, 90 is basically my skintone and i can pull off 100 but it leans a bit warmer than id like. It might just be that its so pigmented?!  i like the way it applied but i wasnโ€™t 100% on the shade sadly.

@aviscardi, sorry to hear itโ€™s not for you. It would be great to see more shades in the range, for more deeper skin tones as well as in between shades. With respect to the latter, the color is very pigmented and could be made to work, though it may take more effort than youโ€™d be willing to put into it. Thereโ€™ll likely be other similar products released before or even during the summer that may be better suited to your skin tone and what youโ€™re looking for. 

Yes it definitely worked but i donโ€™t have the patience to build that slowly all of the time. And then depending on if i decide to wear blush with it Iโ€™d have to be careful how warm i go. I was curious to see if maybe others had luck with 90 building up more but the undertones very different.

Not sure if anyone is curious about how the new Hourglass trio compares to their other blush shades. I found it was closest to these 3 but also including the others I have (plus palettes which do not really compare.) Yes my Luminous is well loved! Lol I did not compare to Butterfly or Elephant etc yet as @SportyGirly125 did her great ones. 

@tsavorite @blackkitty2014 

New Rose trio on topNew Rose trio on topIMG_8225.jpegIMG_8214.jpegIMG_8220.jpeg

I love Hourglass everything!๐Ÿ˜

(Especially the Elephant Palette and Ambient Lighting Powder Volume 2 Palette)

Those shades are all stunning @Sunnysmom ! Thank you for so many comparisons!! ๐Ÿฉท

All the pinks @Saradestin ! ๐Ÿคฃ Thank you! ๐Ÿ’ž

Mine came couple days back @Sunnysmom . This one is a win for me. I can see I hit pan in the future. ๐Ÿ˜˜

Oh yay, so glad yours came and you like it @blackkitty2014 ! Iโ€™m in love with it too, just a great great pink! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Great swatches and comparisons, @Sunnysmom ! ๐Ÿ˜  Rose and Luminous are almost identical.

Thanks @Titian06 ! I had to do them for my confused brain! ๐Ÿ˜‚ They are so close! The new Rose may be a bit more translucent blue-toned and Luminous may have more of a shimmer from what I could tell after using it today. I just love all the pinks HG does and wish this new one was available as a separate shade! Sigh. 

Yes, a separate shade would be great!  @Sunnysmom. Maybe in the future???

1 Reply
testing