Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Thanks for the tag and swatches, @Sunnysmom ! I haven't bought one yet. 🙂 I'm holding off for a while. They look nice, though!

They’re quite nice @WinglessOne , probably similar to others tho too 😊. Wasn’t sure if you’d ordered any or not :). 

@Sunnysmom ,

Thanks for the tag and the new lipstick swatches!   They are beautiful!  Are they a little sheer?  I like sheer lipsticks. 

They are quite sheer I think @tsavorite . Ruby probably has the most color. I actually thought they were going to be a little bit more pigmented from some of her pics (isn’t that always the way) but they can be built up. 

@Sunnysmom ,

That's one reason why your swatches are so helpful!  I could see that they look rather sheer from your photos.  This makes me much more likely to purchase.   🤔  Thank you!

Oh good, glad if helps at all @tsavorite , why I love to see everyone’s swatches too! I also saw they said that Pink Rose and Nude Rose were the most sheer which makes sense. 😊

@Sunnysmom thanks for the review!! I’ve been dying to see some real reviews on this product line. I’ve only seen the social media drama surrounding it! super high level summary of the tiktok drama I’ve seen: some beauty influencers were using the product in a way that it was not intended to be used, and gave negative reviews based on how it performed. It was kind of difficult to get “true” reviews on the products because half seemed to be hating on the products while not using them properly 

Glad if it helps @cianni . I get so frustrated too. It is quite oily. I wonder if she’s considering a redo tho maybe she truly wants it this moisturizing for more mature skin.  I looked that up and oh my gosh funny but also yes you’re right if they’re using it incorrectly.  I loved Bobbi’s little answer to it as well. 😊 Gave me anxiety seeing it tho! 😆

@Sunnysmom the best blush looks sooooo good. I like the look of the miracle balms as well, but I just don’t think I’d go through that much product, so I feel like I can’t justify it. I love that she’s bringing navy blue liner back. I feel like it’s so underrated!

It is @cianni ! So natural of a flush and easy. She was supposed to bring it back and so far nope. In the world of pink blushes it’s a pretty unique one for some reason. The balms feel nice but I’m a little on the fence. Grab the blush when you can imho. I so agree on navy liners! They’re amazing! 

@Sunnysmom You're the bees knees. I've been thinking about his foundation since I saw a review YT and then it caused controversy on TikTok. What other shades do you usually wear? I haven't been able to find many swatches and since it sheers out I find it hard to guess. Thanks for the awesome overview!

Ha @makeitup305 that’s the best! 🥰 Just a bee and her knees. Lol. Ooh I know not of what you speak, I’ll have to look that up, what happened?! I do think the JR swatches on their Instagram seem pretty good when I’m now comparing them to mine in Light. I’m sure you’ve seen but I’ll add here and then I’ll add a kind of gloppy heavy one of mine if you didn’t see it before too. Seems like you can build it pretty well tho I really sheer it out. Looks like a few other shades could be worn and or mixed too as they’re pretty forgiving.

The shades I wear would be those in tinted formulas with the heaviest being Chanel or Lisa E I guess as I really only go for tinted serums and moisturizers. Chantecaille Just Skin in Vanilla, Sisley Light, Saie Slip Tint 3, Tower 28 Sunny Days Mulholland, Ilia True Skin Tuvarua and Serum Tint Ora, Chanel No 1 in BD 31 ( I do mix with 21 sometimes), and Lisa Eldridge 11 and 13. (Happy to re-swatch any of these if you don’t have or you think would be helpful for you!)  I’d say I’m a light medium warmish neutral if makes sense. 😊 What are your shades now? If I go see the JR I am happy to take pics for you too. 

JR Instagram swatches and mine in Light- 

9E772DFE-E730-4797-89C6-0BB80E60C84E.jpeg58B3C9C0-01D7-496F-835A-97BFECFA90E9.jpeg458BDD07-E862-418A-A909-1FCB897268AD.jpegLightLight

@Sunnysmom thanks for the info. I think you and are are pretty close, I wear Mulholland, too and your swatch was really helpful. I think I'm definitely Light. I really wish I could get a sample!

I bet you probably are also @makeitup305 .  Wonder if I could send you a little bit in a container, happy to! If it’s not too warm out I bet it wouldn’t separate too badly. They should offer sample sets. 

Aw thanks so much @Sunnysmom I appreciate the thought! I think I might pick it up from Credo next time they have a promo or I find something else I like. I live in AZ and tend to go for more dewy and moisturizing foundations so I'm almost certain I'd like it.

Sounds good @makeitup305 , I bet you will too then esp if AZ.  We’re neighbors of sorts! 😊 Yup, my kind of look also! 💞

Wow! Great reviews and swatches @Sunnysmom!! Thank you for sharing! 🤗🤗

Aww thank you @Saradestin ! 🥰

Thanks for the thorough swatches and reviews, @Sunnysmom! I've been interested in the Jones Road brand but haven't bought anything yet.

Thanks @curlychiquita , there are definitely some nice products to try! 🥰

Thanks for the great reviews, @Sunnysmom!  It's nice to see everything all swatched out in one place, too.

1 Reply
testing