Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Can someone swatch Sephora Peony on their lips, please? It has been a free sample many times.  I am trying to figure out if it is a liquid lipstick or lip stain and how it looks on someone else. TIA

If I remember correctly, it's like a liquid gloss. 

Any swatches of ABH Moonchild highlighter palette yet ( preferably on fair skin )?

Aaaagh! Until you wrote this I was blissfully unaware that this existed.. now I must have it, along with glow kit - sweets.

Darn you.

Oh look! Here I am with unsolicited swatches again!

ABH Modern Renaissance palette...top row of palette starting on the left, ending with the bottom right shade on the palette on the very right of my arm. First 4 and last 3 shades are over bare skin, middle shades have some primer on top (random, but I wanted to compare the colour over base vs. no base)

IMG_9629.JPG

And swatches of the Jouer lip cremes I got.

Hand swatch (left to right then bottom): Praline, Daiquiri, Framboise, Cassis, Noisette

Lip swatches also in that order starting from 1 o'clock to 7 o'clock!

7858957E-8BC0-4914-BB52-96783FB75AB1.jpg

And I had that saved photo in the Layout app and look what happened!

8E210805-1BF2-43E7-9BEE-E054FFA3FC89.jpg

I have to say, I was most excited for Daiquiri, but it was only my 3rd favourite of this bunch. Noisette is the surprise favourite! It was the last colour I kind of "threw in" the order for free shipping, and surprisingly it's my fav! It's completely unique in my collection. On my hand it swatched like NYX Sandstorm but is much more neutral on my lips. Like slathering milk chocolate on my lips....mmmmm!

Thanks @k617 for the swatches. As a new poster, frequent posters like yourself are a real help. Seriously.  🙂

Any of my fair ladies have a lip swatch of Stila's Caramello?

@lyravega I might be more "light" than "fair," but I've got Caramello on in my WAYWT post today:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/What-are-you-wearing-today/m-p/2513897#M207891

Can anyone please swatch Buxom Full On Lipstick in Brooklyn against similar shades? I got a DS in the bareMinerals Mystery Box but don't want to swatch it in case I already have something close in shade and want to save it for a trade. Thanks!

@alexasteph, I wish I still had this as Brooklyn was the only shade I really liked.  On me it was a brownish wine. 

I did see some swatches on Karla Sugar's site, if you'd like to check that out.

Can anyone swatch Bite Thistle next to CP Lumiere? I'm just wondering if they are similar. I went to swatch Thistle but my Sephora didn't have it in stock yet. I neeeeed to knowwwww what family it is in before I buy it 🙂 🙂

Sooo, I'm at work and procrastinating my last half hour... I only happen to have the Lumiere lip pencil with me, but it's virtually the same as the lippie stix, just less glossy.

FullSizeRender(10).jpg

Thistle on top, Lumiere lip pencil on bottom.

I don't have the current version of Celebrity Skin but I have Bow & Arrow and I can tell you that B&A is definitely a cooler toned nude, and Celebrity Skin seems warmer on people to me.

Which? B&A might be, Celebrity Skin might juuuuust be okay. I'm not entirely sure of your skin tone so I can't say for sure. For reference, here is me in B&A, since celebrity skin is a smidgen darker it might be good.

IMG_7187.JPG

@jesscheems here they are. Milani Earthy Elements. The first one is very sheer and glittery. The 5th one si very pretty light peachy pink but it kind of blends with my skintone

Snapchat-295459522140211446.jpg

Thanks @makeitup305! Those are some super pretty swatches! Wow that last colour looks so pretty and the orange which is what I have had my eyes on...

Does anyone have a swatch of Dose of Colors Stone?  How similar is it to Stila Patina?  I just bought it and am hoping I didn't buy a color I already have 10 of 😛

i have a swatch on my IG (brunettespylove)

Stone is lighter and more mauve/ greyed purple and patina is more of a dupe to Sephora Marvelous Mauve & ABH dusty rose, pink darker slightly berry mauve

Dupe that has a comparison if you search it. The dupe to stone in stilas line is baci

Paging @Grahamcrackers - here's your impassioned/frantic pink comparison 😉

i0704161mage.jpeg

Ooooh! Thanks @Mochapj! Both gorgeous. Makes me wish I had MOAR CHEEKS! 🙊

I am looking for swatches for the new Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crèmes. There are five new colors, but the ones I am specifically interested in are Slow Burn, Sonic Truth and No Angel. I was hoping to find swatches of the new colors before the sale as my store doesn't have the new lippies in stock yet and I couldn't find any online.

In advance, thanks! 🙂

1 Reply
testing