Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

annypoo, Marlena (MUG) did a video called "Hot New Products January" where she did some swatches and gave a mini review of that palette.  She said the pigmentation on the shimmers wasn't so good.

Thanks! Im checking it out now

Does anyone have a BITE Mulberry dupe? I waited too long to get it, and now it's gone  😞

Temptalia lists the following:

Too Faced Berry Naughty (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar). Bite Beauty Aubergine (P, $24.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar). Bite Beauty Sugared Maple (LE, $24.00) is darker (90% similar). Bobbi Brown Brocade (P, $35.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (90% similar). Inglot #293 Lipstick Cream (P, $12.00) is darker, glossier (90% similar). Tarte Hangry (P, $20.00) is darker, more muted, cooler (90% similar). Bite Beauty Plum (LE, $24.00) is darker (90% similar). Burberry Bright Plum (15) (P, $30.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar). YSL Forbidden Burgundy (12) (DC, $34.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar). MAC Rebel (P, $17.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (85% similar). NARS Vera (P, $32.00) is lighter, brighter, warmer (85% similar). MAC Labradorable (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar). Bobbi Brown Hibiscus (P, $35.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar). Marc Jacobs Beauty Cabaret (146) (DC, $30.00) is more muted (85% similar). See comparison swatches / view dupes side-by-side.

Having several of these myself (Plum, Vera, Cabaret, Aubergine and Sugared Maple) I can confirm those are all fairly similar to Mulberry.

Thanks Mocha. I did look at her list but was not quite appeased. I have Plum and Aubergine, so they'll have to be close enough. They're so dark on me though.

I am looking for Tom Ford Pure Pink/L&B Cooper vs Xavier(or Violet fatale) and/or Kingston swatches. I wanted to get Purepink/cooper for a while now, but I wanted to compare first. Thank you 🙂

I posted it for you in the TF thread 🙂

You are very fast, thank you so much 🙂

Not a swatch...more of a smell test 🙂 LOL.

Does anyone have the Mario Badescu Rose & Herbs Facial Mist that they can compare to the Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist?

Someone recommended the Think Dirty app to me and the MB facial mist that I love is a 9 (10 is the worst) so I'd like to find a better replacement once I'm done with my bottle.

Uhm MB smells more herbal/stronger. Herbivore smells more rose. It also has a finer more spread out mist, and, to me, feels more refreshing.

Thank you! That is super helpful 🙂 The Herbivore one is going on my birthday wishlist for next month.

Anyone have Colourpop Aquarius lippie and liner?

I didn't do lip swatches but here is Aquarius(bottom) & Taurus(top)

IMG_4031.JPG

Yep, Aquarius is totally going in my cart. Thank you!!

Anonymous Insider

Sorry for asking too often, but I have no chance of seeing it in person as I live in remote...rural...area!

Anyone getting Tom ford Michael lipstick???

I'd like to see how it's different from Tom ford Flamingo. 

Anyone who has both? I'd be very, very, grateful!

Honeydew, here are the swatches as requested. BK was right about VV and VF being siblings. Although they look different in the tube, they're the same color when swatched, the only real difference being VV is matte and the other is shimmery. I prefer VV personally, because I think it applies better. Flamingo is a smidgen darker than Michael.

TF VV vs VF Flamingo vs Michael.pngTF VV vs VF Flamingo vs Michael another angle.png

Anonymous Insider

Thank you a lot!! Yeah, it seems that VF is same color but glossier and thus little more sheer compared to VV! I think I can skip VF. 

I actually ordered Michael too before seeing your swatch...they do look close enough, but this kind of color is my favorites, so..I guess I can justify having both? (says a person who hasn't worn lipstick for the past 7 days...)

Would someone be able to swatch Tom Ford Pussycat against Stila Patina?

Anonymous Insider

Patina on top, Pussycat on bottom. 🙂

image.jpeg

Perfect, thank you!

Anyone have any swatches of MUFE COLOR D862 Fairly Pink (Diamond) - eyeshadow and COLOR I858 Flamingo (Iridescent) - eyeshadow. My mom wants both, but she liked one more than the other but we can't remember which one it was and my local sijcp doesn't carry either of them.

1 Reply
testing