cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE DUPE THREAD!!!

A place to help each other find dupes or color match. 🙂

I often find myself looking up products that I wish I could find a dupe for or seeing something and trying to match the color. Thought this be the best place to ask 😉

Re: THE DUPE THREAD!!!

I'm not sure if this a "dupe" question exactly... But, I'm wondering if anyone has an insight about the Dior Lip Glow versus the Pat McGrath Lip fetish Lip Balms?  I really enjoy the Dior and have had several colours (Berry is my favourite).  I like that they're so easy to wear, I can put them on without a mirror through the day and they leave a sheer colour behind, sometimes a bit of a stain.  I haven't tried the Pat McGrath, but was wondering if anyone who's tried both could point out similarities and differences?  

As far as I can tell the Dior ones are a pH adjusting tint and some stain a little, whereas the PMG are a tinted balm that does not stain.

Hello, does anyone know of a more pigmented dupe for NARS dolce vita sheer lipstick? I LOVE the color on the bullet and the finish, which is shiny/glossy, but the color doesn't show up on my lips 😞 

@Mrsjfka I think they make Dolce Vita in their matte pencil formula as well. You could try that and top with a clear gloss to get a more pigmented version of the sheer lipstick 

THE DUPE THREAD!!!

Does anyone know of a dupe for the Urban Decay powder foundation in Fair Cool? It's my HG foundation, but after it was discontinued I was only able to find a couple in Nordstrom Rack and I have one left. Looking for something similar in color and coverage and internet searching hasn't helped much. Doesn't need to be a cheaper dupe and I'm willing to pay more to get something like it.

@Kay522  I went to a site called Findation, which enables you to find matches to current foundations that you have.

When I entered UD Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation in Fair Cool, the suggested replacements that came up were: Mally's Visible Skin Adjustable Coverage Foundation in Fair, Loreal True Match Super Blendable Compact makeup in Natural Ivory C2, Chanel Double Perfection Lumiere Long Wear Flawless Powder Makeup in Beige 10, and Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation/ Clean Powder Foundation in Ivory 505/105.  

There were several others mentioned that were liquid or stick foundations, if you'd like to research those.

@Ispend2much6 I'll have to check those out! I unfortunate...

@Ispend2much6 I'll have to check those out! I unfortunately don't have much luck with foundation dupes from sites like Findation or Temptalia. I'm hoping someone has used this foundation and maybe can compare it with others, especially drugstore brands since we often can't swatch in store. 🙂

Re: @Ispend2much6 I'll have to check those out! I unfortunate...

@Kay522  It's tough enough finding a foundation to love; it must be ten times more difficult finding a replacement!  I don't know if you have ever used Smashbox's Halo Hydrating Powder, but it's a really nice one.  I used it when I liked using powder foundations (that was about ten years ago.)  I prefer liquid now, but I would also use that as a finishing powder.  I haven't used UD's so I can't compare, but I know the Fair in SBX's was a nice, light shade.

Hi all! Would anyone know a dupe for bite LLL in 005? I looked at temptalia's dupes but nothing comes close. It's my favorite lilac lippie and when I opened it today it just smelled awful, like burned plastic, and I am pretty sure it turned 😞

20181117_111003.jpg

For anyone else who might be looking for this color and finish, the closest I found is GIVENCHY - Rouge Interdit Vinyl Color Enhancing Lipstick - 14 Violine Troublant🙂

@SurprisedLemur  I own Violine Troublant - it's one of my faves!  Glad you found it 🙂

LORAC Matte Lip Color in Dusty Plum...

but it kinda looks like it has been recently discontinued too. Figures!

But...I am still seeing it in stock at Kohl's online, and it was much more widespread than the LLL lippies, so finding overstock somewhere shouldn't be too bad 

(and dang, I just got this in BoxyCharm 2-3 months ago...now I know why lol)

@SurprisedLemurUnidentified

IMG_20190115_224730919.jpg

@SurprisedLemur  NYX Lip Lingerie Matte Liquid Lipstick is a different format, but the color 15 Bustier looks similar.  Also, Lime Crime Velvetine in Cashmere, Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte lipstick in Blushing Pout, maybe Stila's liquid lipstick in Patina.  I can see why you would like another similar shade- it's gorgeous!

@SurprisedLemur the closest thing I can think of that might be similar is Lorac Alter Ego in Goddess. I don't have the Bite lipstick so I have to go by Temptalia's swatch. Here's a swatch of the Goddess gloss, they also have it in a few other formulas. I think this one might be little darker. image.jpg

Thanks @makeitup305! It's very pretty but not quite as cool and dusty as 005... I tried comparing it to bite thistle (top), bite glace (middle), and kvd coven (bottom) but no luck. 1542489158998694793666221254788.jpg

I have been trying to find a dupe for the Smashbox Soft Lights highlighter in the shade "shimmer" and no one online has tried to find one! It is my absolute favorite highlighter and I only use it on special occasions because I don't want to run out. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!8_3_1_3_2578708.JPG

@catonellie  Colourpop may have one that is close.  Their Dream Sequence Super Shock Highlighter Palette has some pinky shades in it.  Their Super Shock highlighter in Showtime is a pearl with a pinky violet flip, as they put it.  

RE: Re: THE DUPE THREAD!!!

Try Mac, I can almost always find a dupe there. Chantecallie also has beautiful soft highlighters too:)

RE: Re: THE DUPE THREAD!!!

@catonellie That is such a pretty color. It reminds me of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Sugar Glow Kit color, Starburst.

@catonellie How about Becca Perisian Lights?

@catonellie Is it an icy pink or more rose gold? How shimmery is it or is it more of a sheen?

6 Replies
testing