cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’—

Hello, beauties!!!๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

We had a fabulous collection thread on the old BT that didn't seem to migrate over to BIC and since I love looking at collections, I thought I'd start a new thread.

This is a space to share your beauty collections - makeup, lipstick, nail polish, perfume, whatever you've got!

I'll start off with a few of my collections.๐Ÿ’—

Pat McGrath:eZy Watermark_10-07-2023_12-52-05-3210PM.jpeg

Too Faced:

eZy Watermark_10-07-2023_12-51-29-7650PM.jpeg

Melt, Huda Beauty, MAC:

eZy Watermark_10-07-2023_12-52-38-9260PM.jpeg

Can't wait to see yours!!!๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

RE: Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’—

My most used highlighters and blushes ๐Ÿ˜† my makeup space is literally a closet so I donโ€™t have a pretty organized set up.

Re: RE: Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’—

Nice collection, @Jennmurr!

Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’—

It's so satisfying looking at makeup collections!!!

Re: Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’—

Love the heart shaped Piaf โค๏ธ Great collections @Tamara76 

Thank you, @2manyperfumes !

Looking for suggestions for a rotating lipstick holder that works with longer liquid lipsticks and the like. Figured youโ€™d ladies have some great recommendations, Iโ€™m always finding new cool storage ideas here! Thanks in advance!

@WinglessOne, I really loved your lipstick collection you posted a few weeks ago! Any pointers? And whereโ€™d you find those great stick on acrylics for your liners?

@fieldsofclover @heartsmyface thanks for sharing your mini mascara and fragrance โ€œbarsโ€ many moons ago, your ideas revolutionized how I was storing my minis! 

@mermaid805 Isnโ€™t it crazy that carousels for liquid glosses (and liquid mattes, and long bullets) are so hard to find? The only ones Iโ€™ve ever found were designed to hold a mix of glosses and bullets: X number of gloss slots and X number of bullet slots. Why hasnโ€™t anyone designed a carousel in which ALL the slots are deep enough for glosses? Good grief. 

You could diy a carousel, using 2-4 gloss holders meant to be laid flat on their backs. Stand them vertically on one of their short sides, then hot glue them back to back. Then youโ€™d need a flat carousel to put your stand on... you can find lots of different ones for kitchen use, or you could probably find a small one (to hot glue to the bottom of your stand) at a craft store. The only major problem with this diy: the gloss slots wonโ€™t be angled up. Since the slots would be deep enough, that might not be a big problem after allโ€”but youโ€™d still wanna spin the carousel slowly to keep glosses from sliding out, just in case. 

Iโ€™m trying to think of other options... other kinds of spinning stands (or stands that could sit on a small flat carousel) with deep angled slots, that werenโ€™t originally designed for makeup storage. What kinds of other small things might folks need angled slots to store? Think along those lines and you might find something you can repurpose. 

Oh, and the stick-on acrylic holders are from The Container Store. Search their site for โ€œstickonpodsโ€ (yep, all one word) and theyโ€™ll come up. Thereโ€™s also a magnetic version (search for โ€œmagnapodsโ€) I use on my magnetic shelf system. There are probably cheaper versions out there, but I stumbled upon these while browsing a local Container Store one day. ๐Ÿ™‚ You could really use any small acrylic bin and add 2 or 3 small-sized Command Strips to stick โ€˜em to a makeup holder. 

Hi @Tamara76,

What a great collection! Thank you for sharing.

Best,

Rebecca 

Thank you, @RebeccaBT!  The pics in the OP are pretty outdated, but I'll share more when I finally get my beauty room finished and organized! โค๏ธ

Anonymous Insider

Thank you for this post. Now I donโ€™t feel so bad. Lol

Re: RE: Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’—

@Anonymous I was thinking the exact same thing! ๐Ÿ™‚

That is laid out so beautifully! Could almost be airbrushed and turned into bathroom/boudoir art @Tamara76!!!
Anonymous Insider

Speaking of beauty collections! This is the "Eye Ecstasy Kit" now on patmcgrath.com...it's all 4 mothership palettes plus 4 eye pencils, and it's $475 ($600 value). I mean.....Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 2.56.06 PM.png

@Anonymous,

This collection is so gorgeous!  Is this yours? Or are you wishing, like I am?

@Shosh85,

I thought that you might like this Thread!  ๐Ÿ™‚

@tsavorite Yes! You already know me so well!! Iโ€™m gonna have to break out my collections and post soon!!! I love seeing everyone elseโ€™s..... I almost always (who am I kidding, it IS always, haha!) see something someone else has that I just have to buy!!! ๐Ÿ˜ Thanks for the tag!!!๐Ÿ˜˜

This thread is giving me life! I love seeing other people's love of collecting things they enjoy. I'm in the process of redoing my room, when I finish, you bet I will post pictures!

Yay!   So happy you like it, @kissXmakeup!!!  Can't wait to see your set up! โค๏ธ

Hereโ€™s another brand I like to collect: Jeffree Star. In my top 3 formulas for liquid lipstick, and the regular lipsticks are nice as well but I hate the packaging of the bullets, they are cheap plastic and cheesy looking compared to the sleeker look of the liquid lipsticks ๐Ÿคจ still, you canโ€™t name something Unicorn Blood or Redrum and expect me to not buy โ€˜em. Iโ€™m so weak!Sigh, the bullets are so... not me, but the colors are awesome!Sigh, the bullets are so... not me, but the colors are awesome!

Top to bottom: Unicorn Blood (liquid L, bullet R); Redrum (liquid L, bullet R); Rich Blood; Poinsettia; Designer Blood; Hoe Hoe Hoe; Wifey; You. Better. Work.)Top to bottom: Unicorn Blood (liquid L, bullet R); Redrum (liquid L, bullet R); Rich Blood; Poinsettia; Designer Blood; Hoe Hoe Hoe; Wifey; You. Better. Work.)

Iโ€™ve just recently gotten into purple lipsticks and YBW is such a fun addition to my stash! 

I love it jsc is one of my faves. The velour liquid lips are my ride or die product!

testing