Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

If you lost all your makeup...

...which 10 products, that you currently use, would you replace first? Don’t forget to include any tools you may need! Good luck!

This is inspired by Andréa Matillano’s August 14, 2018 YouTube video.

Here are my 10 picks that I would replace on a priority basis. They’re all mixed up because I made so many revisions!

1) MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara

2) Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Fenty Glow

3) LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation

4) TARTE - Park Ave Princess™ Bronzer & Contour Palette

5) NARS - Liquid Blush

6) BECCA - First Light Priming Filter Face Primer

7) Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel 4

😎 Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 28 Green-Brown (Green Brown)

9) SEPHORA COLLECTION - Sephora Collection x Utowa PRO Universal Curler

10) Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mL

That was sooo hard! It made me realize that I usually use 15-20 products for everyday makeup. I had no idea I had become so high-maintenance lol 😂 

Looks like I’m applying all my makeup with fingers because I couldn’t afford to give any of my 10 slots to makeup brushes! 

Re: If you lost all your makeup...

@alexasteph It’s the end of an era, isn’t it? 😮

Came up with my list before I read everyone else's picks, so I hope I didn't forget anything major!  I presumed that I would be allowed to have skincare (moisturizer, SPF, and lip balm).

1. Bobbi Brown BB Cream

2. Kat Von D Concealer Creme

3. Beauty Blender

4. Eyelash curler

5. Diorshow Iconic Mascara

6. Tarte Cheek stain

7. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

8. Too Faced Adjustable Kabuki Brush

9. Dior Rouge Lipstick in Daisy Plum

10. Givenchy Rouge Interdit Lipstick in Noir Reveletaur

@IciclePop Great picks! Isn’t the TOO FACED - Kabuki Brush one of the best brushes ever?? It’s in my work makeup bag and I always travel with it. 

I noticed two lipsticks, but no eyeshadow. Will you be able to survive?? 😁

@PinkEvergreen Haha well I approached this question with a strategy: If you had to pick out ten products to use for a daily, put-together makeup look until you got your next paycheck, what would they be?  And the only thing I really need to give my eyes an extra bit of definition are an eyelash curler and a good mascara, which is why that's all I picked.  And then I picked two lipsticks so I could match my lipstick to my outfit!  But thinking about it some more, doing eyeshadow is the most fun part of doing makeup, so if this happened IRL rather than just as a hypothetical, there's an excellent chance that I'd pick out some eyeshadow.  Probably Naked3.

Thanks for stopping by, @beccacosmetics! I see you 😃

5426D8AB-E81F-4E9E-996C-9C0A6B35FC88.jpeg

For the record, my heart broke a little when I wasn’t able to include BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer 😅

Thanks for the love, beauty!

Xoxo

My items would be 

1. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL

2. DIOR - Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple volume plumping lash primer

3.DIOR - Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara

4. DIOR - Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil - 002 Universal Dark Brown

5. BITE BEAUTY - Line & Define Lip Primer

6. DIOR - Dior Addict Lipstick - Zig Zag 842

7. DIOR - BACKSTAGE Glow Face Palette

8. SEPHORA COLLECTION Contouring: Uncomplicated Brush Set

9. PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Fever Dream

10. Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel Flexible Medium-Hold Eyebrow Setter Clear

I use these one most often, I would

definitely replace them right away! 

Fun thread @PinkEvergreen! 😄

Hey, Dior and Sephora! This is where your next Dior gratis needs to go. Seriously, @bakeamuffin is your girl 😊 It would be lovely if you could pass this message on, @RaquelBT ❤️

@bakeamuffin I just bought the ultra-fine Dior brow styler and haven’t used it yet, so I’m really glad to see it on your list. You have great brows 👌

@PinkEvergreen you’re so darn sweet! 😊❤️ Thank you!! 💕💕

It’s a great brow pencil! I find it thin enough to create a nice a defined brow and it’s great for filling in sparse areas. Thats such a sweet compliment, I used to have the worst overplaucked brows that lacked shape, and it took a lot of work to get them here 😄 The KVD signature brow pencil is also awesome, but the Dior brow styler has a bit more product ☺️ 

Let's see just how high maintenance I am. 

1.  Benefit Illuminating Porefessional Primer

2.  Beautyblender Bounce foundation (haven't picked it up yet, but I did a 2 day sample run and will be ordering during the sale so it counts!)

3.  Beautyblender, just the original pink plz

4.  Urban Decay Naked Weightless Concealer

5.  Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

6.  Large, powder brush

7.  Tapered crease brush

8.  Natasha Denona Contour powder

9.  Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner

10.  Anastasia Brow Wiz

11.  Covergirl Mascara  because I already bought the 10 things.

@Nickelliebear1 Haha, there’s some rule-stretching going on here, but we’ll allow it.

However, will you be able to live without eyeshadow, blush, and a lip product?? 😂

Here are my 10: 

1. NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation Oslo - Light 1

2. NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer Chantilly

3. TOO FACED - Shadow Insurance

4. Urban Decay Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette 21 x 0.02 oz/ 0.80 g (I don't have this but would take the restock opportunity to get it)

5. DIOR - Diorshow Mascara

6. BENEFIT COSMETICS - Hoola Matte Bronzer - Hoola Lite

7. BENEFIT COSMETICS - Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel

8. Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray 4 oz/ 118 mL

9. HUDA BEAUTY - Liquid Matte Lipstick - Wifey

10. BEAUTYBLENDER - the original beautyblender® 

I feel the same as a lot of the you - I probably use at least 10-12 products daily and that doesn't include any tools... or account for the days when I'm feeling a little extra LOL. 

Currently in search of a new primer so I didn't include any on my list.  I have combination skin that is sensitive to breakouts from mass amounts of silicones, my main priority is something that helps my make up last through long days.  If anyone has suggestions let me know!  I was using Ren Perfect Canvas but it is water based and doesn't mix well with my foundations which are mostly silicone based.  I know... it's hard to get away from silicones when you are also looking for a long lasting foundation.  It's been a trial and error process. 

@Shelbstirr I chose BECCA - First Light Priming Filter Face Primer for my list. I have combination skin so I really like that this is water-based. It dries super-fast and plays well with all my foundations. Zero separation. I definitely recommend it!

Thank you so much for the tip @pinkevergreen! I will chec...

Thank you so much for the tip @PinkEvergreen! I will check that out.

Oh, this is hard! The eyeliner is out of sequence because I ran out of slots. In the end I chose tightlining over powdering, sorry Guelain Les Voilettes.

1. OMOROVICZA - Queen of Hungary Mist, because face sprays are calming and I'd be stressed at the loss of LE & discontinued faves! This spray feels nice and smells wonderful.

2. KOH GEN DO - Aqua Foundation

3. URBAN DECAY - Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid - Peach

4. Tarte Shape Tape

5. MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner - Blacquer

6. BEAUTYBLENDER - beautyblender® pro

7. KEVYN AUCOIN - The Contour Book Volume 2, shadows & contour & creams. I love the versatility in this set. And I'd skip blush for contour/bronzer, my cheeks are naturally reddish. Could also use this for brows

8. CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Eyes To Mesmerize Cream Eyeshadow - Mona Lisa, this isThe most beautiful brown plum. I need an eye primer with the KA powder shadows, but as slots are limited this will work as a base or on its own.

9. LANCôME - DÉFINICILS - High Definition Mascara - Deep Black

10. PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Omi 107

@playingdressup Very nice choices! And I loved your commentary on number one, haha 😄

I don’t know much at all about your first two products or even the brands. Let me know what you like about them if you have a moment. 

Thanks @PinkEvergreen! Well I don't know much about Omorovicza, but I got a sample of this spray and the neroli rose scent really takes me back to a happy time. It's a "clean" product, so I feel good about spraying it on my face and none of the ingredients irritate my eyes. I'm curious to try more from the brand but I just haven't yet.

The Koh Gen Do, I first read about as a foundation that was used for HD tv filming. My skin does not tolerate most foundations well. It may look good at first, but after an hour it causes my skin to flake or produce lots of oil. I found the Koh Gen Do and it is quite invisible on the skin, and causes no reaction on me. It's a light-medium coverage that perfects, but doesn't cover completely, it's very natural looking.  I love the 213 color, because it is a light olive undertone which is hard to find. They also make nice skincare, color correcting primers and a concealer palette, but I don't see all those at Sephora anymore. 

After crying some salty tears...in no particular order...

1) CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

2) FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair® Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - Light

3) Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Taupe

4) Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadow Palette - Loess 

5) Chanel Inimitable Mascara

6) Nars Unfiltered I Cheek Palette 

7) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Surreal Edit Palette

😎 SEPHORA COLLECTION - 12hr Colorful Contour Eyeliner - 13 Tiramisu

9) Wayne Goss Brush 11

10) Yves Saint Laurent Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain 101 Chrome Red Clash

I feel like a lot of my most loved makeup in general (not necessarily this list) can't be easily replaced (palettes, discontinued items, limited edition) so I feel actual anxiety just imagining losing my makeup bag 🙂 

@MissPuff Sorry to have brought on those salty tears, but I still enjoyed your list 😉

Let’s hope none of us ever need to part unwillingly with any of our collections!

Oh... what a good question. 🤔 I think mine would be as follows:

1. Fenty Soft Matte foundation in 380

2. Smashbox primer (radiance)

3. Beauty Bakerie flour powder in yellow

4. Sephora concealer in caramel 

5. Beauty Bakerie Coffee & Cocoa palette

6. Beauty Bakerie blending eggs

7. BH Cosmetics full face brush set

8. ABH brow pomade

9. Buxom Bad Gal Bang Mascara

10. Mac Fix+ Matte

I'm missing three things that I use regularly, my ABH brow wiz pencil, my Black Opal brown powder (which is a stand in anyway (pulls red)), and my UD All Nighter.

Of course, on nights out, the list grows. I'd still need liquid eyeliner, eyeliner pencil, eyeshadow primer, eyshadow, and false lashes. 

And my list should also have to lipstick buuuut... yea. Lol

@HazelEyedQueen It’s kinda surprising how many products we become accustomed to using, isn’t it? I have a pretty silly amount of beauty products and tools — I won’t deny it — but I never realized how many different things I use in a single day!

I like your choices! I’m getting progressively more curious about Beauty Bakerie!! 😊

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 5426D8AB-E81F-4E9E-996C-9C0A6B35FC88.jpeg
  • 4A665F45-FC7B-437A-9914-D55617E0E5D9.jpeg
  • tenor
testing