Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

How Much Did You Spend at Sephora in 2020?

Hey, y'all!!!  I couldn't find any similar threads on BIC and I am genuinely curious if anyone here pays attention to/tracks their annual Sephora spend?  I usually don't and I have tried and failed to track overall beauty purchases a few times, but I was pretty shocked when I added up my 2020 Sephora spend.  I definitely plan to spend less this year!

***You might also want to watch if you are curious about everything I bought at Sephora in 2020 - all online!!! 😉 

Let me know if you are successful at tracking your beauty purchases throughout the year!

Re: How Much Did You Spend at Sephora in 2020?

@CheerMomma  We only get gas from the pc gas stations to get the points and I have the pc credit card to earn points I probably get like $100 in free groceries a month but I also shop the flyers. 

@ather @CheerMomma  I've been trying to buy gas at Esso for this reason too... not that I'm going anywhere to need much these days lol.  I really should look into the PC credit card Ather, good idea and thanks for pushing me to do so!

@missjeanie  My husband uses a points card that gets cash for vacation like things and I felt we can’t travel now and my credit card I don’t use much I use debit for everything except online orders and a lady I work with was telling me she switched to PC as well and she was getting sooo much more in points so now I put everything on my credit card and pay it off right away!! We only have Walmart, No Frills and Coop where I live so it was an east choice for me. 

@ather I generally do use my credit card for everything and do pay it off every month so for me it makes sense.  I have a few different grocery stores here, but I buy from an "your independent grocer' since they offer the curbside pick up.  I do have whatever the insider club thing is for free pick ups and extra points and I have noticed that since signing up for that my points have increased a lot.  My current card gives me cash back, but it's only about 300$ a year.  I feel like I could easily rack up an extra 300$ in points.  Especially with the bonus redemption events.  I tend to save all my points until one of the events and then go buy Christmas stockings for the whole family using points.  With maybe a treat or two for myself tossed in lol.  I need to get better at figuring out SDM online!  I'm off to compare credit cards now lol

@Tamara76 Great thread!  I must say it was very informative to review my Sephora spend.  I watched your video and I too was quite shocked at my spend.  You purchased some great products in 2020😀. I'm sure you will stick to your plan this year.  Thank you for starting this thread.

You're very welcome @tjffc !  Thank you so much for watching!  I have a hard time tracking as I go, and I've already spent more than I expected at Sephora this year, but there is still plenty of time to get back on track!💗

2560$....  not bad.  I know I spent way less than usual with staying at home for the better part of the year.  I also spent way less at my other usual retailers (Ulta and Tj Maxx since I can't cross into the US, and SDM and Winners since I do all my shopping online now). I'll be curious to see how 2021 goes and to compare with how many months of online only and closed border shopping we end up with. 

@missjeanie  Good job!!! I’m close to looking at how much I spent but I’m scared!!! 

Lol... sometimes it's just better not to know @ather !

@missjeanie @heartsmyface Oh wow - I never really thought about the border issue affecting your spwnd - I lkeep forgetting Canada doesn't have all the same options we do.  

Unfortunately, my online spend skyrocketed overall last year.  Especially last spring - I think it was like a coping mechanism with all the craziness in the world.  I don't feel quite as compelled to "buy all the things" this year, so that's a good sign!

@missjeanie   I’m super curious about how things will go after the world fully opens back up.  Will we have acquired better shopping habits or will we rebound hard?  It’ll be interesting 

@heartsmyface  Pretty sure I’ll rebound hard! 🤣

I'm so unsure.  I do suspect that it'll be one extreme or the other though @heartsmyface !  

My purchases added up to $1190. Not bad but I actually buy a lot from other retailers...which I will not add up lol!

@nche Not bad at all!!!  I will also not be adding up my grand total with all retailers🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

$1971. More than half was just two purchases, the April sale and November sale when I restock. Sephora’s spend tracking feature is great, I was able to see that I typically ordered once a month when I ran out of something I actually needed (since I was on a no-buy from June on).

@lnum  Do you find you just restock during the sale now?

@ather Yes, and that’s been true for years, probably since I started the no-buy thread back in 2015. However I now have a tendency to buy only 1-2 of something rather than 3-4 because a) I just don’t have that much space, b) if I get bored of a product I don’t have a lot hoarded to use up and c) I enjoy being able to order one thing I need every month or so so that I can get the rewards or a promo. It’s mostly shampoo/conditioner I seem to run out of and order every 2 months. 

@lnum  I think that’s smart. I agree I like to buy things if there’s a good GWP or something like that. I can’t believe you go through shampoo and conditioner so fast. I’m usually using the same bottle for a year or more. 

@ather I use the Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL  and conditioner which come in the 8 oz size (because I don’t like the pumps), and I have long hair so...😅

@lnum  Oooo I’ve never tried that one!! It probably takes me forever because I only wash my hair once a week. I have super thin hair and a little goes a long way! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 325C3F9B-E627-46EC-943D-49EAA2AA5C76.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20210131-155320.png
testing