Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Essential eyeshadow palettes

I've spent more time than I care to admit looking at swatches and watching YouTube videos to select my little collection of palettes. These three can create an endless array of neutral-to-warm looks. 

+ Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance
+ Tarte Tartlette In Bloom (my #1)
+ Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye

20170905_124639.jpg

Which palettes are on your essentials list?

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: Essential eyeshadow palettes

Oh man, Naked for life.  So good for creating everyday, day to night, buildable looks.

I've looked at Marc Jacobs palettes a lot, but I haven't pulled the trigger.  The colors are beautiful, but I don't often use a lot of creative color. I do desperately want one though...

I love my urban decay smokey palette and also i love my old lorac palette that i have to create endless looks.

I like natural, pretty eye looks. So for those skeptical of MR, this was the one that sent me over the edge (uses Buon Fresco, Love Letter, and Primavera):

SoftRed1.jpg

I really love MR, but I understand why a lot of people aren't crazy about it. I think I got lucky that it works with my skin type and my coloring. I also really love Naked 3 and am dying to try Naked Heat.

When I want to do something really glitzy, I love Huda Beauty's Rose Gold Palette. Those glitters are out of this work. I am excited to try her new palette, although I think Temptalia gave it a B- rating.

When I am going super-bright or for a major pop of color I like Urban Decay's Electric Palette (although it took me forever to get used to using it).

And my most multi-purpose palette weirdly has been the Kat von D Alchemist palette because I can use it over and shadows, on its own as a shadow, and as highlighter. 

I am a huge fan of the Modern Renaissance palette ... I definitely want to try out some vise art shadows after watching Steph Nicole's interview with the owner! for me at least I typically only use a few of the neutral matte shadows from MR (hit pan on them) and it is a blessing in disguise because I have been forced to try some of the more bolder red shades !!!

Honestly I've never understood the hype for ABH palettes. I've owned a few and always ended up giving them away. But it seems MR is pretty highly rated (and of course, the only one I haven' bought, besides Subculture lol). I've owned a LOT of palettes in my life, and I've had a lot of favourites over the years. That being said, my absolute staple palettes are the Viseart mattes, hands down. I can't live without them. LOL. Every time I use it, I'm like, "right, this is why I love you so". 🙂 

I have both the ABH Modern Renaissance and the Too Faced Natural Eyes (Matte). I love warm tones, and red is my favorite color, that is why I bought the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette. I bought the Too Faced one because I thought it was appropriate for work. I didn't get the tarte one because to me it just seems like they just release so many eye palettes with the same old neutral colors. I only have one Tarte Palette from their double duty beauty line (Ulta exclusive). It had 5 eyeshadows that had gold, rose gold, copper, dark brown and a highlight shade. It also came with one of their Amazonian clay blushes (which are really great) and it was very travel friendly.

I definitely agree with the modern renaissance, to be honest I've never gotten a tarte pallette! I was going to get the subculture one as well but I think I will wait 😉

Of these three, I find the Tarte to be the most buttery blendable.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos2
  • 20170905_124639.jpg
  • SoftRed1.jpg
testing