Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Dewy look that sticks?

I am so used to using full coverage products that are matte. I have tried switching it up by using mid coverage and a dewy finish. My issue with this is my makeup just melts right off. If I use any sort of setting powder it turns to matte and has that gross caked on look that I would get when using full coverage products. What are some products that will help keep my look dewy and last all day? 

Re: Dewy look that sticks?

I have dry skin, so dewy products tend to adhere pretty well for me, so take what I say with a grain of salt, @littemisscate.

Mixing your foundation or laying down a layer of a glowy primer like the Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator , Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter or the new Elf product can add glow that lasts all day. I like to put down a grippy hydrating primer MILK MAKEUP Mini Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide .33 / 10 mL to get the best of both worlds when combined with a glowy foundation. 

I find that the Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush lasts all day, as does the MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer®  (if you can find a shade that works for all over your face, this actually makes the skin have a beautiful texture so it can work as a foundation type glowy thing as well). 

My fave setting spray for dewiness is the Farsali one, so if it comes back, I'd recommend it. The Ciate one is also nice! I spray on my face, fan it, put a little on my sponge and press everything in. 

I find that MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix+ really helps to add a glowy finish to things in the end

@littemisscate @I’m going to make kind of an odd suggestion which is that with some powders you can ignore the cream before powder rule. I stipple on cream products over Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder all the time. If you get a super finely milled one like the CT one you can lightly set your face and then apply glowy cream products over it which should stop some of that sliding 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing