Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Dewy look that sticks?

I am so used to using full coverage products that are matte. I have tried switching it up by using mid coverage and a dewy finish. My issue with this is my makeup just melts right off. If I use any sort of setting powder it turns to matte and has that gross caked on look that I would get when using full coverage products. What are some products that will help keep my look dewy and last all day? 

Re: Dewy look that sticks?

I have dry skin, so dewy products tend to adhere pretty well for me, so take what I say with a grain of salt, @littemisscate.

Mixing your foundation or laying down a layer of a glowy primer like the Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator , Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter or the new Elf product can add glow that lasts all day. I like to put down a grippy hydrating primer MILK MAKEUP Mini Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide .33 / 10 mL to get the best of both worlds when combined with a glowy foundation. 

I find that the Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush lasts all day, as does the MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer®  (if you can find a shade that works for all over your face, this actually makes the skin have a beautiful texture so it can work as a foundation type glowy thing as well). 

My fave setting spray for dewiness is the Farsali one, so if it comes back, I'd recommend it. The Ciate one is also nice! I spray on my face, fan it, put a little on my sponge and press everything in. 

I find that MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix+ really helps to add a glowy finish to things in the end

@littemisscate @I’m going to make kind of an odd suggestion which is that with some powders you can ignore the cream before powder rule. I stipple on cream products over Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder all the time. If you get a super finely milled one like the CT one you can lightly set your face and then apply glowy cream products over it which should stop some of that sliding 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing