Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Break the bank beauty $$

Just for fun ๐Ÿ™‚ What's the most expensive makeup/beauty item you've ever bought? And why did you decide to shell out the big bucks for it?

Re: Break the bank beauty $$

@Anonymous Iโ€™ve come to the conclusion that if itโ€™s a Burberry product Iโ€™m going to fall in love with the packaging.

Anonymous Insider

Burberry packaging is amazing. It definitely needs more love. I feel like everyone is always talking about Tom Ford lipsticks, but I'm drooling over the Burberry ones lol.

For me it would be my Viseart palettes.  I decided to get the neutral mattes palette last year during the vib sale and fell in love with it.  The hype is real!!  This year I got the dark mattes palette and it's just as perfect as the neutral mattes.  

I bought a supersized bottle of Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM for $110. It's 6.7 ounces and with 1 ounce costing $65 on its own I couldn't pass the deal up. Sorta boring, I know! I wish I could say a Natasha Denona palette, but I can't justify that cost yet. I have plenty of palettes, but skincare is something I use daily, so for me it was a no brainer getting it.

I completely agree @alexasteph. I am much more likely to splurge on skincare than makeup (except my $65 Burberry highlighter).

Anonymous Insider

The most expensive beauty product I ever bought was the Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream. Still learning about makeup๐Ÿ˜

For me, skincare: Algenist Genius Vit C serum at $118 USD.  I bought a sample with points and saw an improvement immediately so I ordered it and loved it; but the price! So I tried many other serums and Vit C boosters and none of them worked aw well so I'm back to Algenist. 

@ellie50 I don't think I've ever paid full price for that serum. Algenist direct has frequent promotions and Ulta does once in a while too. In fact, I think Ulta will have a deal on it soon. On the 14th it should be half off.

My KVD ELL set. My Guerlain meteorites as well from holiday 2015 I believe. Those were some pricey items!!

The KVD: because it was a good deal when I calculated the cost per tube..

Guerlain: only because I heard about the meteorites so much so and just had to have them lol. ๐Ÿ˜„

Edit: Oh and my Natasha Denona Lila palette- bought it because of the hype. A viseart palette which I do like (the dark mattes). My Urban Decay Vault- because so many palettes together was too tempting ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

As far as make up goes, item wise would probably be palettes (not anything crazy, 75-100$ most expensive maybe??) but I've shelled out over 1500$ collectively on Jeffree Star Cosmetics! I've been purchasing from him before he even made makeup to be totally honest. Most recently, I spent 120$ on fur (synthetic) pillows for aesthetic makeup photos ๐Ÿ™‚ 

RE: Break the bank beauty $$

As far as makeup, my Natasha Denona palettes are my most coveted and expensive. I do believe theyโ€™re worth it. As far as skincare...itโ€™s all ridiculously expensive. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ My AP Toner is $150. My Vintners Daughter is $190. Whyyyy do we do this???

Re: RE: Break the bank beauty $$

@darlyndar ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‚I feel you hunny

Great question!  Ski-II Essence is the most priciest beauty item I purchased.  I think I first tried it as a point perk and was so into it that I decided to purchase it.  Sadly, I just ran out of it so will be waiting for a sale or a really good promo code to entice me to repurchase it.  In the meantime, I'll working on clearing out the rest of my skincare stash.  

IMG_7935.jpg

@mishanyc Ooh, I keep wanting to purchase this but hold back every. single. time.  I just need to pull the trigger or get a sample.  

Same for me! I bought the 11oz bottle during the November 20% sale. Though I was able to use the discount, it was still a pretty penny at $232. I decant into a spray bottle so, it will last me a full year spraying twice a day.

RE: Break the bank beauty $$

From Sephora it would be my Huda Beauty Desert Dusk palette which is $85CAD. It was sooo worth it though! Itโ€™s beautiful! Itโ€™s my current favourite palette ! And a beauty purchase other than Sephora would be my Clarisonic Mia 1 which was $99 at Marshalls (which would have cost $169 if I bought it at Sephora)

Pat McGrath mothership palettes... I got 2 of them. I'm a...

Pat McGrath mothership palettes... I got 2 of them. I'm a sucker for shimmer, and the sparklier the better.... I got suckered in for sure... I waited till the 20% off sale, but that's still $150 each Canadian.... still can't believe I did it... and kinda deciding if it was worth it or not. ๐Ÿ˜•

@dylch During a 20% off sale, I splurged and got both Natasha Denona 28 palettes (Purple Blue and Green Brown). After discount, and including taxes, they were CAD$275 each. Zero regrets. Iโ€™m in my thirties and her shimmer shades use the only formula Iโ€™ve found to date that looks absolutely flawless on my eyelids, instead of turning into a crepey mess. Iโ€™m willing to pay for that luxury because Iโ€™m all about the shimmer ๐Ÿ˜‰

0D561846-AD65-4E45-AF93-0B76065B35A1.jpeg

4B6C8AEF-0D29-4422-AD79-115937754DBB.jpeg

Oh, and these palettes are huge, with very generous pans. They work out to some of the cheapest high-end palettes out there if you calculate by the gram. 

@PinkEvergreen These look great!! I may have to break over and indulge!!!

Technically, these were mine as well. I returned them within a week because they were so awful :x.

@Libellules So sorry to hear that! What didnโ€™t you like about them, just out of curiosity? 

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • 65754D00-634C-4978-B0BB-DD3B3D7B1179.jpeg
  • smplhmn.png
  • 0D561846-AD65-4E45-AF93-0B76065B35A1.jpeg
  • 4B6C8AEF-0D29-4422-AD79-115937754DBB.jpeg
  • IMG_7935.jpg
  • 332B8517-8CA4-4115-99E6-340A088E0327.jpeg
testing