Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Break the bank beauty $$

Just for fun 🙂 What's the most expensive makeup/beauty item you've ever bought? And why did you decide to shell out the big bucks for it?

Re: Break the bank beauty $$

@Anonymous I’ve come to the conclusion that if it’s a Burberry product I’m going to fall in love with the packaging.

Anonymous Insider

Burberry packaging is amazing. It definitely needs more love. I feel like everyone is always talking about Tom Ford lipsticks, but I'm drooling over the Burberry ones lol.

For me it would be my Viseart palettes.  I decided to get the neutral mattes palette last year during the vib sale and fell in love with it.  The hype is real!!  This year I got the dark mattes palette and it's just as perfect as the neutral mattes.  

I bought a supersized bottle of Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM for $110. It's 6.7 ounces and with 1 ounce costing $65 on its own I couldn't pass the deal up. Sorta boring, I know! I wish I could say a Natasha Denona palette, but I can't justify that cost yet. I have plenty of palettes, but skincare is something I use daily, so for me it was a no brainer getting it.

I completely agree @alexasteph. I am much more likely to splurge on skincare than makeup (except my $65 Burberry highlighter).

Anonymous Insider

The most expensive beauty product I ever bought was the Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream. Still learning about makeup😁

For me, skincare: Algenist Genius Vit C serum at $118 USD.  I bought a sample with points and saw an improvement immediately so I ordered it and loved it; but the price! So I tried many other serums and Vit C boosters and none of them worked aw well so I'm back to Algenist. 

@ellie50 I don't think I've ever paid full price for that serum. Algenist direct has frequent promotions and Ulta does once in a while too. In fact, I think Ulta will have a deal on it soon. On the 14th it should be half off.

My KVD ELL set. My Guerlain meteorites as well from holiday 2015 I believe. Those were some pricey items!!

The KVD: because it was a good deal when I calculated the cost per tube..

Guerlain: only because I heard about the meteorites so much so and just had to have them lol. 😄

Edit: Oh and my Natasha Denona Lila palette- bought it because of the hype. A viseart palette which I do like (the dark mattes). My Urban Decay Vault- because so many palettes together was too tempting 😄 😄 😄

As far as make up goes, item wise would probably be palettes (not anything crazy, 75-100$ most expensive maybe??) but I've shelled out over 1500$ collectively on Jeffree Star Cosmetics! I've been purchasing from him before he even made makeup to be totally honest. Most recently, I spent 120$ on fur (synthetic) pillows for aesthetic makeup photos 🙂 

RE: Break the bank beauty $$

As far as makeup, my Natasha Denona palettes are my most coveted and expensive. I do believe they’re worth it. As far as skincare...it’s all ridiculously expensive. 😩😩😩 My AP Toner is $150. My Vintners Daughter is $190. Whyyyy do we do this???

Re: RE: Break the bank beauty $$

@darlyndar 🤗😂I feel you hunny

Great question!  Ski-II Essence is the most priciest beauty item I purchased.  I think I first tried it as a point perk and was so into it that I decided to purchase it.  Sadly, I just ran out of it so will be waiting for a sale or a really good promo code to entice me to repurchase it.  In the meantime, I'll working on clearing out the rest of my skincare stash.  

IMG_7935.jpg

@mishanyc Ooh, I keep wanting to purchase this but hold back every. single. time.  I just need to pull the trigger or get a sample.  

Same for me! I bought the 11oz bottle during the November 20% sale. Though I was able to use the discount, it was still a pretty penny at $232. I decant into a spray bottle so, it will last me a full year spraying twice a day.

RE: Break the bank beauty $$

From Sephora it would be my Huda Beauty Desert Dusk palette which is $85CAD. It was sooo worth it though! It’s beautiful! It’s my current favourite palette ! And a beauty purchase other than Sephora would be my Clarisonic Mia 1 which was $99 at Marshalls (which would have cost $169 if I bought it at Sephora)

Pat McGrath mothership palettes... I got 2 of them. I'm a...

Pat McGrath mothership palettes... I got 2 of them. I'm a sucker for shimmer, and the sparklier the better.... I got suckered in for sure... I waited till the 20% off sale, but that's still $150 each Canadian.... still can't believe I did it... and kinda deciding if it was worth it or not. 😕

@dylch During a 20% off sale, I splurged and got both Natasha Denona 28 palettes (Purple Blue and Green Brown). After discount, and including taxes, they were CAD$275 each. Zero regrets. I’m in my thirties and her shimmer shades use the only formula I’ve found to date that looks absolutely flawless on my eyelids, instead of turning into a crepey mess. I’m willing to pay for that luxury because I’m all about the shimmer 😉

0D561846-AD65-4E45-AF93-0B76065B35A1.jpeg

4B6C8AEF-0D29-4422-AD79-115937754DBB.jpeg

Oh, and these palettes are huge, with very generous pans. They work out to some of the cheapest high-end palettes out there if you calculate by the gram. 

@PinkEvergreen These look great!! I may have to break over and indulge!!!

Technically, these were mine as well. I returned them within a week because they were so awful :x.

@Libellules So sorry to hear that! What didn’t you like about them, just out of curiosity? 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • 65754D00-634C-4978-B0BB-DD3B3D7B1179.jpeg
  • smplhmn.png
  • 0D561846-AD65-4E45-AF93-0B76065B35A1.jpeg
  • 4B6C8AEF-0D29-4422-AD79-115937754DBB.jpeg
  • IMG_7935.jpg
  • 332B8517-8CA4-4115-99E6-340A088E0327.jpeg
testing