Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Advice on which make-up brush cleanser to get???

Hi beauties! So iv always used simple baby shampoo but that's just not cutting it anymore especially for my larger brushes..so I'm looking at the Sephora cleanser without using water and the actual brush pad w cleanser also from Sephora...any ideas on these or something you've used before that works! I hate the ones iv bought DS before that do nothing so any advice welcome! ❤

RE: Advice on which make-up brush cleanser to get???

I love the Sephora brush shampoo and use it with the Sigma mat to clean my brushes.

Re: Advice on which make-up brush cleanser to get???

I absolutely love the Morphe solid cleansers. My fave is the honey lavender scent. They work so well and it's super easy to just wet your brush a little, swirl it in there and then rinse. 

I've tried a bunch of makeup brush cleansers and honestly, the best thing that has worked for me is a combination of white vinegar, hot water, and a *tiny* drop of dish soap! I start by combining the white vinegar & boiling water in a bowl and soak my brushes for about 10 minutes in there. Then I add a drop of dish soap (it cuts through the grease/makeup buildup on brushes soooo well) and give them a good scrub. Then rinse with cold water and let dry! 

I use dishwashing liquid, the Palmolive Free & Clear one. I don't know if it makes a difference in power, but it might so far as the chemicals that transfer to your face. I've heard that the solid BB cleanser is just Castile soap like the solid Dr. Bronner's. I don't know if that's true, but if it is then you have the cheaper option. 

@CHollywood I love both the Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser and the Sephora Solid Clean! They do such a great job of deep cleaning both brushes and sponges. There are positive qualities in both.

The BB Solid tends to last longer for me. I find that I don't need as much product to get the job done. The Sephora Solid does not last as long. I am using a little more product to get the same cleanse but it does come with a convenient silicone pad and the price is significantly less. 

Is this the cleanser without water that you were talking about? http://www.sephora.com/the-cleanse-daily-brush-cleaner-P408017?skuId=1806306&icid2=products%20grid:p...

If it is, it does work well just for everyday and in between deep cleanses. It doesn't replace a weekly cleanse for me but it definitely helps. Especially with eye brushes. 

@Mcakes Thanks so much sweetie for your thorough comment and my apologies for just seeing and writing back as I've been so busy since kid's have started school,i also returned to work FT! Anyway I'm super happy with your thoughts as iv yet to purchase bc iv just been on the fence ab it and yes,the one im looking at IS the one you linked! I usually order online but lately have been able to enjoy the luxury of going into my fav Sephora and shop so my next visit(which will be within the week lol)i will definitely be picking this baby up and after i use I'll totally be thanking you girl! Have an awesome Labor Day weekend!

@CHollywood Oh no worries, you're a busy mama! Priorities ❤️

You're welcome, I am glad you found this helpful. Enjoy your trip into your local store (I've actually been enjoying the luxury of a store stroll lately too!- save retail lol). Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend as well! 

Love the sephora solid cleaner too! I save the beauty blender one for my beauty blenders...too expensive.

Beauty Blender Cleanser (both the solid and liquid) is my...

Beauty Blender Cleanser (both the solid and liquid) is my one and only for a deep clean!! I use Cinema Secrets when I need a quick clean and zero dry time (mainly for my eyeshadow brushes and even foundation brushes from time to time)

@CHollywood Honestly, every time I buy brush cleaning product I'm disappointed. Long time ago I bought Sephora liquid brush cleanser (don't remember the exact name) and it did nothing. What I use is whatever solid soap I have at home and little bit of coconut oil - I do hot water, little bit of oil, swirl it over solid soap and rinse. I always get the best results. Brushes are clean soft and they keep their shape. But I think I'll try the Sephora solid brush cleaner because it comes with the silicon pad and  I need one anyhow. 

@katkapivarci i hear everyone saying how well soap does for them yet i swear nothing cuts it for me! LOL i love my coconut oils though and will give it a try tonight,but iv got DS and HE brushes and iv never been able to fully get out my foundations even after buying a new brush and cleaning it right away! I guess it's just me but it's ridiculous haha..thank you so much hun for the advice and yes i agree you should try the Sephora cleansing pad bc i just ordered it and almost all the reviews i read were good not to mention i think it just makes sense having a scrubbing pad would clean a brush better anyway..Thanks again and wish me luck before i end up just having to buy a new foundation brush every 2wks!😂 if it weren't for the build up and bacteria i wouldn't be that worried bt it is what it is..sigh..thx chick! 😘

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing