Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Lip Lovers

Vibrant Violet/Purple Lippies!

So, I really want to try a really vibrant violet lip color. I looked in past threads to get ideas but the last post was about a year ago and, let's be real, a whole lot of new makeup products come out in a year. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions! I am not looking for anything dark or vampy. I am contemplating Too Faced Violet Melted Lipstick. If anyone has any other ideas I would really appreciate it!

Re: Vibrant Violet/Purple Lippies!

What about Bite in Violet? 

I was thinking on trying out the mini duo that has violet in it! Thanks for the suggestion. 

Do it.  I get so many compliments on those two colours

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Fuchsia in Rage is a really pretty violet/pink!  Not as violet as the Too Faced one but still pretty.

Ooh I forgot about that shade! Thank you!

Bite Beauty's Violet is gorgeous and I love it and wear it every chance I get.  If you like OCC Lip Tars (which I personally love), check out Hoochie or Roller Girl.  And Pagan is super gorgeous but it's a bit vampy (so of course I must have it).  Technopagan is another beautiful colour but it is really intense and bold. 

I really really like lip tars. I should definitely swatch those.

I just ordered Technopagan and I am waiting until pay day to order Pagan.  I love lip tars and I love bright colours.  I really want Pagan so I can do a really vampy black ombre.  

Does one of them pull more blue? I seriously think that would be gorgeous. I just don't know where I would wear it! I have had people make fun of me for wearing dark lip colors before and it kind of ruined them for me even though the colors are so beautiful. 

Technopagan is more blue and shimmery, Pagan is a blackish purple.  I pulled the swatches from Temptalia.  For me I am really bold about lip colours and would have no issues wearing either of them out to the mall.  Clubbing is a whole different story, I would wear anything clubbing.  Next time I go out I am thinking of pulling something really 80s.

Yes, totally loving Bite Beauty's Violet! It's pushed me out of my comfort zone and I am so happy with it.

I love Bite's Violet too! I also really like MAC's Up The Amp. I have a few other violet lippies too. I can swatch if you'd like jennilynnn!

Swatches would be awesome! That's so nice of you!

I made some last night and will get them posted for you this evening! 

From the drugstore, I recommend Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Shameless, Sonia Kashuk Luxe Lip Color in Violetta, and Covergirl lipstick in Divine. All of them are different shades of purple/violet. I can't post any swatches because I'm on my iPad and it's too complicated. 

I'm also going to add Black Radiance African Violet!  

Thank you! I can't wait to go searching for all these new lippies haha!

Thank you! I will look up swatches, no worries! 

Highlighted

My favorite is Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Gemma!  It's a beautiful violet shade, I love it!

Even just the picture looks gorgeous! Thanks for the suggestion!

I like MUFE #15  and Lancome's Rouge in Love in Violette Coquette.  

So glad you mentioned the Lancome one ! Violette Coquette is gorgeous and one of my favorites Smiley Happy I never finish a lip product but this one is on its last swipes lol

I will check those colors out! Thanks!

I would totally recommend to try out Too Faced Violet Melted Lipstick, I tried it out myself today at the store and wore it for couple of hours just too se how it look in natural light..ohh boy it is bright, buuuttt soooooo prettyyyy!!!

Also check out Bite Beauty lipstick in Violet, such a gorgeous shade, I typically wear it on its own, but when I want to make it little bit darker and more vibrant I just add some lipliner underneath in slightly darker shade. I wore it to work the other day, I got sooo many compliments!

Maybelline ColorSensational lipsticks in : Brazen Berry(905) and Hot Plum(900- I think) are worth checking out - even thought they are drug store products -quality is very nice!

MAC Violetta lipstick - shade that everyone has been craving for past couple of years.

Urban Decay - Venom lipstick - such a classic and gorgeous shade for fall.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 29 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos6
  • upload_8253140778839962305.jpg
  • nars_dominique001.jpg
  • a50323cd0d6ca1ffe2a2d5e17ba3fa5b.jpg
  • ee9efc658bb85f41b2370675ba4ef686.jpg
  • purple lipsticks.jpg
  • purple lip glosses.jpg