Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

They went and discontinued the Dior Dreamskin Cushion Foundation...now what?

I don't love a heavy foundation, or really even concealer. I'm 40 and have only used the Dior Dreamskin Foundation Cushion 020 on my face for years - it was beautiful, light, buildable, the perfect dewiness, natural looking...

Now that it's gone, I'm desperate for some recommendations for something similar. I liked how light it was, and how it didn't settle into my fine lines and wrinkles. What do you guys think I, and the lost people out there like me, need to try next?

Re: They went and discontinued the Dior Dreamskin Cushion Foundation...now what?

I am almost run out of my last batch of DreamSkin cushion,  have you found anything similar ? I havent yet and I am desperate.

Your advise will be appreciated,

Re: They went and discontinued the Dior Dreamskin Cushion Foundation...now what?

Hi! I've tried a variety of things, but honestly the best thing I've found is the MISSHA Magic Cushion on Amazon! I wore the 020 Dior, and the best color match I've found with Missha is 23. I will say, it's more matte than the Dior, which is the downside if you run dry like I do. BUT it is lightweight, buildable, and has SPF 50! They also seem to have a Glow Cushion that I haven't tried yet, but probably will for my next purchase to see if the dewiness is a closer fit? It's not a perfect product, BUT for the price, it comes pretty darn close and you can buy a couple to find the one you like best! I hope this helps!! ❤️

I know, it’s a favorite of mine as well. You can get a similar look by mixing a little spf with a light foundation. Actually the forever foundation does not feel heavy. There are others that work well too, milk, hair labs, rose inc, nars. Plenty of ways to get just enough coverage without feeling it on the skin. 
Who knows, they may come out with it again? All product in Dior is going into clean ingredients. 

@DeeJ83 I’ve never tried the dior one but i can recommend some sheer skin tints/foundations that i think are worth you looking into. 
Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Soothing Serum Skin Tint Foundation with Peptides + Ceramides 7 

Summer Fridays Sheer Skin Tint with Hyaluronic Acid + Squalane 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint I haven’t seen one negative thing about this product however i will note that its light coverage but could be built up to medium (which I see you may not be a fan of) but it all depends on how much you use. It’s still sheer and lightweight but it has the most coverage out of the 3 of these. 
Obviously none of these are cushion foundations but if the cushion was something you really liked you can always just buy an empty cushion compact and add your foundation! 

I’m in the same boat - La Mer has something that looks similar, a light cushion foundation with SPF. I’ll report back if it’s comparable! 

it's not as lightweight 😞 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing