Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge

Hello there, my pretties! Are we ready for spring yet? I am not necessarily ready for sun ( 😄 ), but I know I'm ready to bust out some bright colors and create my own spring magic. Rules are - there are no rules. ( Except - you must have fun! That's obligatory! ) We do feel like brights and pastels during the spring most of the time, but you do whatever you feel like doing. You do you! Try to go through your stash, and introduce us to a new pretty each day. If brights are not your cup of tea, this challenge is an excellent way to try to, well - challenge yourself. 😉 But, they are not a must.

We are planning on doing this all spring long! Please, feel free to stop by whenever. 😉

So...

Keep calm and put your lipstick on! 😉

upload_8478920020473871788.jpg

upload_7838631952257043325.jpg

upload_4697677217639393330.jpg

My plan ( and goal ) is to shop my own stash. No buying new lipsticks, just giving some love to all my neglected lovelies. Let's see how will that go...

Lipstick Playground thread is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Lipstick-Playground/m-p/2020866#M18488

Re: Spring 2017 Lipstick Challenge

20170403_113430.jpg

Not the best photo but hey, I put on some makeup!  This is Lipstick Queen Jean Queen Lipstick (hah...word palindrome!) It's quite sheer but adds the perfect pink that brightens up my face while still looking natural.  Perfect for opening day.

@kso1225 So pretty!!! I hope you had a great time 🙂

They do!! The Amazonian butter lipsticks are underrated. And thank you so much @Ispend2much6! I am so flattered- she is such a classic beauty 😍

She really is.  I had recently posted a gif of her for lyravega's birthday, and your picture reminded me of that.

😍😍😍 I love old Hollywood beauty. They were so real back then @Ispend2much6!

I know what you mean.  One of the most interesting things I'd read about the beauty habits/tricks that the studio makeup artists had the actresses do, at least in the case of Elizabeth Taylor, is to shave their entire faces because the peach fuzz would show up on film!  They were all so proper, for lack of a better word.  That's one of my goals, to put on my "face" every day.  Goodness knows I have enough products to last the rest of my life! @unfungirl

Haha same @Ispend2much6! I need to be less lazy about putting my face on. I have enough makeup for life!

Finally had a chance to browse, shop and play today! Dior lacquer stick in darkflower, will definitely be going back for this one!

IMG_0072.JPG

and after a few hours:

IMG_0070.JPG

@sister13 - What a great color!  It looks wonderful on you!  It's also a color that I enjoy wearing (I have about 10,000).  I will definitely be checking it out since it stays looking good for a length of time.

Yes! I haven't gotten too many Dior lipsticks so I wanted to check the wear on this before buying and I was pleasantly surprised at the wear and feel of these. I also loved LA Pink more for everyday, it was gorgeous!

Too faced sugar daddy.
IMG_2589.JPG

That color looks very nice on you @Seymore3!

I've been on the search for the perfect lip and cheek duo for just about forever, but haven't found the perfect one yet. I like YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush Duo Stick in From Marrakesh to Paris for a pretty stain on lips, but it doesn't last very long on cheeks.

IMG_3275.JPG

Anonymous Insider

My eyeshadow came out darker than I planned so it's Bite Musk today! It's a livelier MLBB on me. It's one of my favourites and I'm so so so sad that it's discontinued 😞 

20170329_111031.jpg

Musk is an all time favourite of mine too (definitely my MLBB shade). It was a dark day when it was discontinued. 😞 

Today is Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Sepia No. 85.

ohhhh love this @Titian06! the swatches are gorgeous.

Smashbox Crimson Chrome 

scarletcrome2.jpg

@moxiepancakes  you literally look good in everything! loveeeee.

@moxiepancakes - Beautiful color; it looks great on you!  It also coordinates very well with your top.

testing