Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Looking for suggestions…

Hello! I’m looking for a few suggestions for a few lipsticks as an add on to a Mothers Day gift. Mid. 60’s, fair skin, blue eyes. I’ve shyed away from lipsticks myself the last few years, so I’m out of the loop (chap stick gal). I’d be looking for more moisturizing formulas and shade suggestions, price is not a factor. 

Thank you in advance! 💕

Re: Looking for suggestions…

@GG84 maybe the new Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Satin Shine Lipstick Pillow Talk Fair . I really enjoy the formula and I think the shade would be perfect on fair skin and complement blue eyes and light hair. Let me know if you would like a swatch! 

@GG84 You’re back! Hooray! I just wanted to say hello! 👋 

Thanks for the tag @Mellmars1185 ! Love everyone’s suggestions!  Hi @GG84 , what shades does she wear?! 🤗These are some formulas I love that are satins and lighter as well. If you think a lighter matte would work I’ll be happy to offer ideas here too. 😊 I would think any of these would be lovely with her coloring. 

Prada Beauty Monochrome Soft Matte Refillable Lipstick P157 POURPRE would be a super pretty gift with the case plus it’s refillable. This is a vibrant pinky shade that’s very flattering. It says soft matte but it’s like a satin matte truly. Not sure how pigmented her lips are but mine have lightening up as I’ve gotten older so I find I need more color but if not this formula comes in so many other good shades. I know Tiepolo is very popular for a soft nudey pink. 

MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Matte Lipstick Power is a soft soft red and like a comfy balm with subtle color. Maison or Classic are good neutral mauves. 

Gucci Long Lasting Satin Lipstick 506 Louisa Red is a beautiful red and case too but if needing a neutral MIldred Rosewood is also so pretty and nice your lips but better :). I also love their mattes- not dry at all. More like a semi matte. 

Yves Saint Laurent The Bold High Pigment Lipstick is a really pretty lipstick in Nude Statement1968 (won’t let me tag) or if bolder shade Paradoxe is a bluer red I love. 1971 is a more neutral red. Says bold but it’s just very pigmented and still satin and smells delicious 🙂 If she likes lighter formulas, similar shades are in the Caring Satin formula (again won’t tag I’m so sorry!) and also the Loveshine Lip Oils and Candy Glaze Lip Gloss Sticks. All colors are so forgiving too. Nudes to pinks to reds. 😊. YSL lips really keep their pigment as do Gucci. I love the stains they leave. 

#Givenchy Rouge Interdit Intense Silk Satin Matte Lipstick N338 Rouge Vigne is my new favorite berry shade and feels really nice. None of these are heavy at all btw! Again can’t go wrong with this formula. Nude Boise is so pretty too for a neutral pink. 

I really love Valentino Rosso Valentino High Pigment Refillable Lipstick 300R Born in Roma formula and it’s fun that these are also refillable. 22A Rosso Valentino would be a gorgeous red on her I imagine- warm in tone but very vibrant against her blue eyes. So many other great shades too- saturated , lasting and very comfortable .

One more favorite! Dior Rouge Dior Refillable Lipstick 720 Icone . This is such a terrific universal shade that can be done lightly or a little more intensely and still looks so flattering. My favorite red is deep red berry Beloved and also Ambitious - a darker pinky red. Gorgeous on everyone imo! The other formulas with the pretty cases would also make a really lovely gift- Dior Dior Addict Refillable Shine Lipstick 667 Diormania . Perfectly glossy for summer! 

Love to hear what works out - you have so many good ideas here! 💞 

@GG84 I have been finding the Fashion Fair Iconic Lipstick Posh hydrating. A few more hydrating formulas that I like in my collection are: Kosas Weightless Lip Color Nourishing Satin Lipstick Daydream , #Hourglass Unlocked™ Satin Crème Lipstick Sahara 310 , MAKEUP BY MARIO SuperSatin® Lipstick Nolita . I was going to suggest the Pat McGrath Satin Allure lipsticks but I can no longer tag it. Tagging @Sunnysmom who is an expert in lippies!

TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 03 Casablanca  

Or

TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 04 Indian Rose 

They are really nice to wear lipsticks. Everyone's different but these feel comfortable to wear and don't dry out my lips. I think they'd make gorgeous lip gifts. 💝💝

Tagging @WinglessOne @Mellmars1185 who are experts on lip products.

@CynthieLu  Thank you! I’ve added Casablanca to my cart! Eagerly waiting for more suggestions from @WinglessOne  

Thanks for the tag, @CynthieLu !

I’m so glad to see you again, @GG84! Hope all is well with you. I saw Dyson’s Supersonic Nural and thought “okay but do I really need this in addition to my Supersonic since I don’t plan to straighten my coils anytime soon? Should I rehome my Supersonic and get a Nural? Argh, I need GG84 to talk me in or out of this!” 😅 But I was also thinking of you before that happened, so it’s good to see you pop back onto BIC. 

So, lipsticks. If your mother likes more sheer or demi-sheer coverage, I’ll recommend Gucci Sheer Lipstick with a caveat that some shades are closer to opaque than others. Might also wanna check Gucci’s site for more shades than Sephora currently carries. I have 3 or 4 of these and find them very comfy to wear, even without my usual lip balm (plain ol’ Aquaphor) underneath. None of them bleed/feather on me. Consider shade Gucci Sheer Lipstick 213 Love is Better; I have this one and can see it also working on a much lighter and cooler skin tone than mine. Depending on how bright a color your mother’s comfy with, Three Wise Girls is also a pretty pink coral shade, and Millicent Rose is a very cool toned pink. 

If she prefers opaque coverage, one of my recent favorite formulas (reformulation, in this case) is Yves Saint Laurent The Bold High Pigment Lipstick. For these, I recommend you look for swatches other than YSL’s product photos which aren’t very shade accurate. Last year, I found a YouTube swatch video that helped me choose shades (before they were available in Sephora or Nordstrom local stores)… asking Google for it… ah, search for “Katya Beauty Style YSL Bold Pigment Lipsticks” to find it. These all have a slightly rosy black tea scent that dissipates quickly; they’re not as obnoxiously fragranced as YSL lipsticks used to be. 

And it’s hard to go wrong with Dior Dior Addict Refillable Shine Lipstick. I do need lip balm under these, but they’re never drying on me. Plus, you can pick a couple different cases if you want. 

Does your mother like lip gloss or liquid creams/satins? Some folks find it a hassle to reapply with a doe foot during the day. But if she’s open to these, I can recommend a few later. 

In fact, I might come back later with more options because I’m going through my entire lipstick collection now. Lipstick’s generally at the front of my mind lately. Do you know if your mother likes rosewood shades? Does she wear red lipstick? A good blue toned red never hurt anyone, regardless of skin tone or undertone. 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 35 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing