Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Looking for a Lip balm that will be good in the sun and won't make my Eczema flare up (flare ups happen on my lips)

Hello, I recently talked to my doctor and she told me I have Eczema and lately I have had bad flare ups to lip products and she told me to try an orange tube with a brand name like liposome or lipisomes (she forgot the band name). I have never ever heard of a lip balm/product like that so I was wondering if any of you have seen these at drugstores or if you have eczema what lip products do you use on your lips during the day when vaseline won't do?

Re: Looking for a Lip balm that will be good in the sun and won't make my Eczema flare up (flare ups happen on my lips)

@Carrie97   I was curious about liposomes, so I found an article from Beautypedia and included it in a spoiler tag here in case you were interested.  I haven't heard of a brand with that ingredient in the name, but I do have a few lip balms that really helped me this winter:

SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Hydrating Lip Balm  

fresh Sugar Hydrating Lip Balm 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy 

Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm Vanilla 

Sometimes eczema can flare due to allergies to particular chemicals, ingredients, etc.  Essential oils in products are known to irritate sensitive skin.  Also, lanolin is a common allergen that is used in a lot of lip products.  I hope you find something!

Spoiler
Screenshot_2021-06-04 Liposome Antioxidant Moisturizer Beautypedia.png

Re: Looking for a Lip balm that will be good in the sun and won't make my Eczema flare up (flare ups happen on my lips)

@Carrie97  I’m not sure which brand a yellow tube is but I absolutely love Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm Vanilla  it’s sooo good!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screenshot_2021-06-04 Liposome Antioxidant Moisturizer Beautypedia.png
testing