Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

As someone with VERY dry lips, what do I use?

I really need a super moisturizing lip product to keep the dry, cracked, flaky lips away! Someone help me out plz! ❤️ 😊 💄 

Re: As someone with VERY dry lips, what do I use?

@katebeautyrevie  One thing I heard for dry lips that I found really helpful was making sure not to lick your lips, and before you put on any treatment or vaseline etc.. tap your lips with plain water first. That way when you put on something occlusive on like an ointment, oil etc.. it will trap the good moisture on your lips where it's needed.

O'Keefe's Lip Repair night treatment and the Medicated Blistex Ointment do wonders for me! I used the Blistex when my lips are cracked and they usually heal within a few days and then the O'Keefe's night treatment keep my lips together afterwards. I've just started using Glycolic acid on my lips at night - last night was the first night, and my lips were super soft this morning. I put a small amount of the Ordinary Glycolic toner on my lips and then coated them with the lip treatment. The lip treatment has a waxy feel to it that sets it apart from other sleeping masks, for example. I liked the way the Fenty felt at first but it didn't offer long term hydration. The O'Keefe's is truly my ride or die. Get it on Amazon. And Blistex you can get basically anywhere. It's in the white and red squeeze tube. 

Spoiler

@katebeautyrevie I second the Aquaphor!

@katebeautyrevie @Have you tried aquaphor?

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing