Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

a newbie who would love some help

hii everyone!! this is my first time exploring this side of communities through sephora. i am so excited!! i’d love some recommendations for all things skincare. i am 23 and looking to start a routine that will keep me looking young fresh and healthy for many years to come! i have combination skin, mostly dry but i get very oily in my Tzone as the day goes on. i don’t have a huge budget for skincare but would love some quality products that will reduce the look of pores, clear out any grossness/ fight acne, fight fine lines and make my skin glow. similar to all those skincare beauties on instagram lol. thank you so much in advance for any help or suggestions you might provide. xxx

Re: a newbie who would love some help

Hi @hhayls and welcome to BIC! 

I also have mostly-dry combo skin, though my oily zone’s just on and around my nose. That’s also where all my visible pores are. Whenever they look larger than usual, I use salicylic acid (a beta hydroxy acid) product to get down in there and clear out the gunk that’s stretching them wider. My favorite BHA leave-on products are made by Paula’s Choice, but if that’s out of your price range, consider using The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Blemish + Blackhead Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL a few times a week. If you find leave-on salicylic acid’s too drying for your skin, even if you cut frequency to once a week, then try a rinse-off option like The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser , The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque , or CeraVe Acne Control Cleanser. BHA, in combination with some of the ingredients/products mentioned by @JoSometimes and @SportyGirly125 , should help you reach your skincare goals. 

Oh, and remember that folks on Instagram might be filtering their photos and videos to achieve a “flawless” look. If you really want glowy skin, a quick way to achieve that is using a broad spectrum sunscreen (at least SPF 30) that has a dewy finish. Do you already use sunscreen each day your skin’s exposed to sunlight, all year long, regardless of weather or season? 

Hi @hhayls! For dryness, Hyaluronic acid can help draw in moisture. The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum is one of my favourites but it can also be found in tons of other products like #SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. The added hydration can sometimes plump up fine lines and also contribute to that glowy look. If your oiliness is due to your skin producing sebum to combat dehydration, then this can also help tackle some of that oiliness. Otherwise, Niacinamide is an ingredient that can help with oil control. The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL or The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  

For cheap and effective skincare, check out The Ordinary, Inkey List, and even Sephora Collection. 

@hhayls welcome to BIC! I have the same skin type as you. Right now holiday skincare sets are really popular. You can try out Glow Recipe Fruit Babies Bestsellers Kit or Origins 6 Piece Travel Size Cleansing & Moisturizing Best-Sellers Set Tatcha Mini Favorites Set 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing