Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

All things K-Beauty!!

For those who don't know what this is, it stands for Korean Beauty!

Honestly, I'm surprised I don't see even more stuff posted about K-Beauty as it seems to be taking over right now.  I hear nothing but good things about their skincare, makeup, etc!

I recently got the Amorepacific cream as a 100 point perk and am really liking it for daytime moisture (although I think it may be better in the summer as I still feel a tad dry), and I hear good things about the Chosungah22 products which Sephora carries!

I also recently made a giant order through a Korean retailer called Jolse, can't wait to get my stuff!

Do you guys love K-Beauty? Do you have any reviews of stuff you've tried? I'm hoping to get this moving and that people will post in here regularly about skincare and cosmetics from Korea!

Re: All things K-Beauty!!

These are adorable ♡ I heard good things about the tints but didn't know they had that shimmery shade! 

@myumew The tints are super comfortable! I only tried it on briefly so I can't comment on longevity or anything though. I think the shimmery shade may be exclusive to the summer popsicle-shaped collection 😞 

I haven't tried Etude house yet- their packaging is so cute!! Needless to say you look great 😄

Isn't it adorable??

Ack, these are too cute!  Etude House has the best stuff....thanks for sharing @malday.  I'll have to find these (then hide them from lil Zombie) 

The direct site seems to have run out of stock 😞 but I found some on Amazon and ebay and such @ZombieMetroAnt

Pretty much done with my cosRX AHA/BHA Toner and Whitening Essence. They were both really good but it's time to change things up!

I bought Mizon AHA/BHA toner and cosRX Snail Essence. Anyone have any experiences with these two?

RE: Re: All things K-Beauty!!

I personally havent tried the COSRX snail essence yet. But k-beauty and lifestyle blogger on YouTube @ joankeem has raved about it on her channel a few times.

Have any of you ever shopped on Yesstyle dot com? Was it a pleasant experience?  Were the items you got authentic?

Mine are always fine when I order from them. The one downside is the slow shipping, but that's understandable because it's coming from overseas.

A new store at my mall called Aritaum (a daughter (lol) company of Amorepacific) just opened up and I love their stuff so far! They sell Aritaum, Laniege, and quite a few other brands. The Aritaum stuff is so well priced! I bought a HIGH coverage concealer that's almost a full ounce for just $8 and I also got a setting spray (comparable to Mac Fix+) for only $11 - both are STEALS! The SA also gave me a ton of Laniege and Iope samples and I'm loving everything I got! 

Some of my favorite Aritaum products are their lip products! I looove the ginger sugar tinted balms and lip scrub.

Hi everyone! I posted this in the June haul thread, but wanted to share that my jolse.com order came in! I am so excited! It's taking all my willpower to not slather it all on my face tonight lol. I'll be introducing things slowly over the next several weeks. Pics and what I got in the spoiler below. Variety of samples are on the left. An entire pack of Tony Moly face masks, socks, washcloth, skin/body/hand care items etc. 

Spoiler
96BDE075-9533-402F-B6C1-9F1DB8BC3307.jpg

Samples are on the left. They included hand/skin/body care, base products, socks, 10 sheet masks. 

My actual purchases are:
Tony Moly variety pack of sheet madkd
Tosowoong Blueberry sheet mask pack
Su:m37 Secret Essence
cosrx Acne Pimpe Master Patch
cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
Sulwhasoo Essential Firming Cream Rx
Sulwhasoo Hydro Aid Cream
Sulwhasoo Snowise Brightening Cleanser
Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum

I also purchased the Sulwhasoo cushion I have been itching to try. It came out in LE packaging and that pushed me over the edge lol 
Snapseed.jpg

Oh my gosh, that Sulwhasoo cushion is gorgeous!!! Did you get that on Jolse as well / do you know if it has a special name or something? 😮

@concreteroads I purchased the cushion off Amazon! I was reading Snow White and the Asian Pear blog, and she also had purchased hers from an Amazon seller. Everything came sealed and authentic. I searched "Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion Limited Edition"

The white packaging is the Brightening version. There is also a pink packaging with the same design, and I believe that is the regular version. Hope that helps!

okay that cushion is GORGEOUS! I just made a jolse order a few days ago and now I'm tempted to make another...

It's my first time ordering with them, do they normally give you a bunch of samples? If so, I'm even more excited to get my order in the mail!! 😄 

@vront This was my first order with them but, just based on reading comments in this thread and a few other places, it does sound like they are very generous with samples. You'll have to tell us when you get your order and share what you got!

I ordered from jolse for the first time too in May (inspired by this thread!). I spent about $60, and along with my order, I received a sheet mask, charcoal nose strip, blotting paper, a wash cloth, and 4-5 samples. They are very generous with their samples! 🙂

Has anyone ever shopped at the US Althea Kbeauty website?  I am tempted because Althea has kbeauty box sets like Memebox had for decent prices.  TIA.

I'm so glad I read this thread! I had my eye on some kbeauty items and, thanks to reading about jolse.com, just placed an order. I'm so excited about this! I was able to get products not available in the US, and I also purchased items that I can get here but at a better price point through that site.  

A question for anyone who uses Missha FTE: do you love it? If so, what do you see it doing for you? I have a bottle I've used on and off, and I'm not sure it's doing anything for me. Am I expecting too much from a fancy water? I've seen this mentioned as a holy grail so many times, I feel like I'm missing something!

To clarify the "doing anything," I have pretty good skin (at 35) but would take any boost in brightness, even tone, and dimming of my natural non-rosacea pinkness. If not those things, what does it do for you? 

5 Replies
testing