Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

All things K-Beauty!!

For those who don't know what this is, it stands for Korean Beauty!

Honestly, I'm surprised I don't see even more stuff posted about K-Beauty as it seems to be taking over right now.  I hear nothing but good things about their skincare, makeup, etc!

I recently got the Amorepacific cream as a 100 point perk and am really liking it for daytime moisture (although I think it may be better in the summer as I still feel a tad dry), and I hear good things about the Chosungah22 products which Sephora carries!

I also recently made a giant order through a Korean retailer called Jolse, can't wait to get my stuff!

Do you guys love K-Beauty? Do you have any reviews of stuff you've tried? I'm hoping to get this moving and that people will post in here regularly about skincare and cosmetics from Korea!

Re: All things K-Beauty!!

Got two packages yesterday!

Missha order (F&F sale, woo!)

IMG_8049.JPG

The GWPs were the two BB Cushion refills in 21 & 23, the two sheet masks (CoenzymeQ10 & Ceramide) and Time Revolution Immortal Youth mini set. Plus a sample of the new tension pact in shade 21.

Moonshot haul:

IMG_8052.JPG

GWPs are the silver makeup bag, mini Cream Paint Lightfit, Powder Duo, and Brilliant Ladder.

Swatches and descriptions under spoiler (I'm still editing this part lol)

Spoiler
IMG_8050.JPG
IMG_8051.JPG

Powder Duo in Sin City on top,
Cream Paint in Nude Velvet left of lightning bolt, Cream Paint Lightfit in Red Mellow and Orange Lily to the right,
Brilliant Ladder in Can't Take My Eyes Off You on bottom:

IMG_8058.JPG

Brilliant Ladder Can't Take My Eyes Off You on top and Legend of the Fall on bottom:

IMG_8057.JPG

Jelly Pot in Malibu Rum on far left:

IMG_8062.JPG

And a look with the products:

IMG_80642.jpg

Wearing Face Perfection Liquid in 301, Jelly Pot in Malibu Rum, Brilliant Ladder in Legend of the Fall, and Cream Paint in Nude Velvet

Thanks for the detailed pictures! I've been curious about moonshot since hearing Lisa Eldridge talk about them! Oh, and I just placed an order for Missha products too...so excited to get them 🙂 @malday  

Great haul Mal!  Your skin looks amazing.  How did everything hold up?  

Everything is still on so far haha. The foundation hasn't made me greasy at all (always a super plus) and the jelly pot hasn't creased or budged. Color me impressed!

Anonymous Insider

I would say many of the Kbeauty stuff Sephora carries are super overpriced. Many brands that Sephora carries are road shop brands (Too Cool for School, skinfood) which are meant to be cheap and easy to access to everyone. Road shops are literally everywhere in Korea. Some road shop brands are more expensive than others but significantly cheaper than department store brands. 

I highly recommend checking out JOLSE for Kbeauty stuff, most are reasonably priced. JOLSE also carries a great range of brands. The Korean cosmetics scene is pretty amazing too. The lip and base products especially are really innovative. It might not fit the western makeup scene that well because of different beauty standards but they def have some great and interesting products! 

I just posted a big long rant further up the thread, but you seem very knowledgeable and I wanted your opinion on AmorePacific. I’m short, I used years ago and had amazing skin. Got away from it after being scared by Beautypedia/Paula’s Choice (anti-fragrance, anti-alcohol campaign) and tried PC products. Good but no amazing results. Switched to DE (twice! Like a dumbie) which DESTROYED and aged my face 😞 should I spend the $100 for my favorite AmorePacific hydrating gel to restore my skin or look elsewhere? Thank you 🙏🏼

@Anonymous Do you order from their website or is there a physical store that you go to? I would like to order from them but I'm always leery of ordering online from new places.

Anonymous Insider

I wish that I could go in store and shop kbeauty in the US! Shopping cosmetics and skin care in Korea is always a great experience. But sadly JOLSE is a site, it delivers for free for no minimum and its usually petty fast too! What really makes me happy is the wide range of brands they carry, its pretty great. They also almost carry every product in each brand and updates and restocks when there is a new release. Korean beauty scene moves really fast so its always interesting.

That sounds great, thank you! I love finding fun new things to try out 🙂

Ive ordered from jolse three times now and have had nothing but positive experiences! They load your box with like 10-15 samples, free hand cream, etc. its great! @JenniferOhJenny I actually have a box from them waiting at home for me 🙂

Yay, thanks, @sabrinas! I'm off to explore the website now 🙂

ETA: Oh my gosh they have SO MANY THINGS! @Anonymous when you said they had almost every product in every brand, you weren't kidding

@JenniferOhJenny No problem! Actually, here is my haul... I mean it was a big order and the bigger the orders, the more samples and freebies lol.  The random pile on the right is all my free stuff! Lots of foils, some socks, a scrubby mitt, full sized hand cream, full pack of nose strips, etc. 🙂

kbeautyhaul.png

@sabrinas Do you have to pay duties or any other extra fees on your orders? I was all set to place an order and then I read something about duties and taxes so I changed my mind. (I'm in the U.S., not sure if that matters.)

@sabrinas Wow, that is amazing! Have fun with all of your new things!

CVS has started carrying some K Beauty! They are still adding to it, and I think I read that the items will be available April 1st. Just go to their site, and under the skincare section, there is an option for K Beauty.

@dd0214:  Thanks for posting!  Checked out their offerings, and I have my eye on several Elisha Coy skincare products -- if the ingredients lists are credible, several items suit my requirements for being free of silicones, synthetic fragrance, and shea butter.  I do hope they will be offered in-store as well, perhaps starting with metropolitan areas.  Can't wait to use my Extracare rewards on these!

I loove the Skinfood Black Sugar Mask! It makes my skin super soft and while the big sugar crystals are intimidating for sensitive skin, I haven't had an issue yet. It makes my skin feel sooo smooth after I wash it off AND I think it smells like coca cola 😄

Amore Pacific Hydration Spray - got this in a Sephora promo and loved the scent as well as the fine mist. Disclaimer that I own multiple bottles of this but don't know what it's "supposed" to do besides hydrate. I love it purely for the scent, which is VERYYY strong. My bf absolutely hates it, but I find it to be calming/comforting. When I overdo it, my skin will rebel a bit, so I sometimes just spray it in the air around me when I work from home.

Innisfree Sheet Masks - I keep a bunch of these around (+ My Beauty Diary, which is Taiwanese) because they're inexpensive yet rly effective at soothing my skin reactions to new products. I reach for other sheet masks when I want a more intense treatment

Missha BB - My first ever BB / foundation-like-product! I don't use this anymore, but I liked it for a long time and I think it was pretty popular a few years back? I remember it pulling a little gray at first, but oxidizing quickly to become more skin-like. I also remember there only being three shades or something 😛

I have tried the Too Cool for School Egg Mousse Pack a couple times now and will be adding to to my am routine a couple times a week. It makes my skin soft, smooth, and leaves it with a wonderful glow.

I also used the Too Cool for School Egg Mellow Body Butter for the first time tonight and am very happy with it. It looks heavy and moisturized like a heavy cream (I used on my legs) but did not feel heavy when applying .It absorbed wonderfully leaving my very dry legs looking and feeling soft without leaving any greasy residue..

@NancieNano - Oooooo I've been looking for a super moisturizing but non-greasy body butter for my ashy legs. What's the smell like on the Too Cool For School body butter?

@gymgirl Just a VERY light natural clean smell. It's definitely not enhanced with any fragrance  . I think this cream would work well for someone with sensitive skin or who doesn't like heavily scented creams.

I'm spoiled because I live near a huge Korean community and there are quite a few standalone beauty stores within 30 minutes- Tony Moly, The Face Shop, Amore, etc. 

I adore the 10-packs of Tony Moly masks (the red wine one especially), and the aloe mask that's 10 in one package.

My favorite product ever is the Amore Aritaum Baby Face Mist- the HA version. It lives in my bag or office!

3 Replies
testing