Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

All things K-Beauty!!

For those who don't know what this is, it stands for Korean Beauty!

Honestly, I'm surprised I don't see even more stuff posted about K-Beauty as it seems to be taking over right now.  I hear nothing but good things about their skincare, makeup, etc!

I recently got the Amorepacific cream as a 100 point perk and am really liking it for daytime moisture (although I think it may be better in the summer as I still feel a tad dry), and I hear good things about the Chosungah22 products which Sephora carries!

I also recently made a giant order through a Korean retailer called Jolse, can't wait to get my stuff!

Do you guys love K-Beauty? Do you have any reviews of stuff you've tried? I'm hoping to get this moving and that people will post in here regularly about skincare and cosmetics from Korea!

Re: All things K-Beauty!!

I'm a fan! It removes any residual makeup and makes my skin feel sooo soft and hydrated and prepped for the rest of my routine. I'm on my second bottle!

I just bought the missha fte and it will be arriving today! Sadly though I realized after that its a fermented product and I have sebborheic dermatitis which I think will act up from fermentation 😞 I may have to rehome it!!!

Oh that's too bad @sabrinas. @greenporchlights told me about this quite awhile ago and I have been hooked ever since. Love this stuff.

Oh! I really hope it doesn't irritate your skin

Please update about the Moonshot cosmetics @malday

I have an account but never purchase anything. I do want to but I've been holding off on that

I shall! I had been holding off on placing an order for a while too but there were quite a few GWPs available this month so I finally bit the bullet lol.

I picked up:

• Cream Paint Lightfit in Red Mellow with a mini GWP in Orange Lily
  • Jelly Pot in Malibu Rum
  • Face Perfection Liquid Foundation (hoping it's not too light!)
  • Color Moonwalk Brilliant Ladder in Legend of the Fall with Can't Take My Eyes Off You as GWP
  • Cream Paint in Nude Velvet
  • 2 additional GWP: Powder Duo 102 Sin City & a silver pouch

The GWP sounds amazing. I'm sure I've seen some videos on youtube from people who actually buy from the store and they get some cute gwp/samples. I know that many of the k-beauty street brands give out samples to customers. I think I'm going to look at moonshot now !!

I also use the Neogen gauze pads (the wine ones, not lemon) - I love them 🙂

I think I'm going to try the wine ones next! They're always sold out when I go to grab some haha.

I think I bought mine from SokoGlam? I love the way they smell!

Yeah that's where I always try to get mine haha. Hopefully they're around next time I place an order.

Memebox is having their annual Spring It On Doorbusters where items are listed up to 50% off - 

meme.JPG

I want this bag:

meme1.JPG

Spoiler
meme.JPG

What it isShow your skin some love with an at-home spa day! From nail therapy masks to a Snail repairing cream, this value set will help you upgrade your skin to swoon-worthy status in no time. Because whether you're staying in or going on a dreamy date this V-Day, there's nothing like a relaxing spa sesh to help you look and feel your best.

Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream Jumbo | 120ml | $20
The proof is in the numbers. This top-selling cream boasts 92% (gasp!) Snail Secretion Filtrate and a host of natural botanical extracts that make this a true all-in-one miracle cream. It evens out skin tone, targets and prevents wrinkles, nourishes and tightens pores, smooths skin texture, boosts elasticity, and speeds up skin cell regeneration (adios, acne scars). With a dreamy dosage of moisture, this cream leaves skin healthy and silky.

Kocostar Nail Therapy | 14oz | $3
Hard-working hands often lead to sad and neglected nails. Thankfully, Kocostar has created a way to pamper even the tips of your fingers. Their Nail Therapy masks are, believe it or not, mini masks for your fingertips! A rich, soothing formulation of botanical ingredients and vitamins protects and repairs stressed out nails, while also strengthening them to prevent chipping and peeling.

Freeset Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask Aqua | 25ml | $2
Drenched in Donkey Milk and other nourishing ingredients, this gel sheet mask intensely hydrates skin and brightens the complexion. It's also soaked in a bunch of other good-for-you vitamins and bio-polymers. The result is more radiant, youthful skin, like the beautiful Cleo herself who used to bathe in Donkey Milk!

Memebox Meme Maniac Cosmetic Bag | 1pc | $12
Keep your makeup and skincare products secure and stylish with this swoon-worthy cosmetic bag! Decked out with fun, vibrant graphic prints on the outside, this carryall also boasts functional brush slots and netted pockets on the inside. Whether you're staying put or jetting out, it's the perfect pop of cute to your vanity or suitcase.

@ZombieMetroAnt I really want this set but I'm going to pretend that I didn't see it! 😜

After I posted this @Karmatic, I found the bag for only $4 - eek!

@ZombieMetroAnt @Karmatic oh that bag is adorable (found the $4 one) but there's also a notebook (also cute) for $4! I also never ordered from here. 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 12.18.26 PM.png

Since I live in CA, Memebox is located in SF, shipping is pretty fast.

My last order, they actually made a mistake and sent me the wrong items. Talked to CS, too much of a hassle to return, so I kept them (they didn't charge me extra or anything). But surprise, surprise, I received another package a few days later with the correct items! They also gave me 100 pts ($5 value) on my account.

@lisainprogress I'm in California too so at least I will get my stuff quickly. Sorry to hear that they sent you the wrong stuff at first, but that's great that they made it right for you. That's outstanding CS. 

By the way, I love your avatar! Lisa and The Simpsons (especially the classic episodes) have a special place in my heart! ❤️

Their CS is definitely better than it was before or maybe I got lucky!! I wished I live or was visiting SF when they did their warehouse sale awhile back 😞 Their doorbuster event is always tempting me. 

Thanks @Karmatic

I was planning to change my avatar but I don't think I can find anything better than that. And I totally agree with your sentiments regarding The Simpsons. Whenever it's my birthday, actually all the time, my friends would sing "Happy birthday Lisa".

@wickedlollipop Thanks for looking out! The notebook is super cute. 🤗

@ZombieMetroAnt Ahhhh the bag is a good deal! 😍

OMG!  I did not see that!  Thanks @wickedlollipop Heart 

Ooh, thanks! Do you know if there are any referral bonuses for this site? I don't think I've ever ordered from them before.

4 Replies
testing