Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

ZOMG, Gratis is real! :D Thank you Sephora, Juliette Has A Gun, Ouai, Too Faced, Sol de Janeiro, Hush, and Maison Margiela!!

UPDATE:

Several lovely BT ladies have been fortunate enough to receive this box! @Titian06  and @Tamara76 and @notcreative have joined me on this thread with reviews and pics, but some others have started their own threads, so I figured I'd post links to all of them here for quick reference. Check out the spoiler! (and if you see more that I missed, lemme know and I'll update this!) 😄

Spoiler

I'm also going to post links directly to reviews within this thread, since it's getting long and I want y'all to be able to find 'em quickly if'n you so desire. Once again, check out the spoiler 🙂

Spoiler
Hush Prism
mehttps://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/ZOMG-Gratis-is-real-D-Thank-you-Sephora-Juliette-Has-A-Gun...
titianhttps://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/ZOMG-Gratis-is-real-D-Thank-you-Sephora-Juliette-Has-A-Gun...
tamarahttps://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/ZOMG-Gratis-is-real-D-Thank-you-Sephora-Juliette-Has-A-Gun...

Too Faced Festival palette 
mehttps://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/ZOMG-Gratis-is-real-D-Thank-you-Sephora-Juliette-Has-A-Gun...

Juliette Has A Gun, Moscow Mule
me: (further down in this first post)
titianhttps://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/ZOMG-Gratis-is-real-D-Thank-you-Sephora-Juliette-Has-A-Gun...
tamarahttps://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/ZOMG-Gratis-is-real-D-Thank-you-Sephora-Juliette-Has-A-Gun...

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bod Buff
notcreativehttps://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/ZOMG-Gratis-is-real-D-Thank-you-Sephora-Juliette-Has-A-Gun...

Ouai Wave Spray

Ouai Dry Shampoo

Maison Margiela Replica box set

Wow y'all, I am FLOORED! After watching so many other gratis posts with joy (and a bit of jealousy...no sense in lying lol 😛 ), I am so thrilled to have received my very own gratis box today! And I have to say, while I may be a bit biased, this is the best box I've ever seen go out!

The polka dot paper...too stinking cute!The polka dot paper...too stinking cute!The goods in all their glory!The goods in all their glory!maison margiela.jpg

Maison Margiela Replica set: while I have tried a couple of the ones in this set already, there are several here I'm looking forward to testing for the first time.

ouai.jpg

Ouai Desert Ouaisis Festival Kit: I love love love trying dry shampoos on the hunt for my ever-elusive HG, and cannot wait to test this one! I'm not big on styling products, but have been contemplating trying a wave spray lately, so this came at the perfect time for that as well. The hair ornament is super cute too...will have to figure out to use it lol. It's got a little hook thing on the back, which seemingly won't fit over my knock-off invisibobble, so I'll have to play with it a bit 😄

(spoiler though...I probably won't touch the rose oil...rose (or much of anything floral, really) is not my thing *at all*)

sol hush.jpg

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bod Buff: This is the only thing in the Gratis that I'm on the fence about. I've seen a few reviews claiming this turned folks yellow, and I'd guess I'm pale enough to possibly have that as a side effect. Will have to think about this one for a bit lol

Hush Prism Airbrush Spray: ummmm, heck yeah!! 😄

too faced juliette.jpg

Too Faced Life's A Festival Palette: I tried to buy this from TF direct when they had the 25% off plus something like a bazillion free gifts a while back, and their glitchy site just kept looping me back to my cart instead of letting me checkout no matter what I did. I pouted for a while, and then silently boycotted them out of spite lol. Now I am so so grateful that TF didn't want my money, because a free palette is always the best. Squee! I can't wait to play!

Juliette Has A Gun Moscow Mule: I ripped this open the second I finished the pics (possibly even before pics...the box in the second shot may already be empty 😉 ). OMG what a lovely light, crisp, summery scent. Citrus with a touch of ginger and sandalwood to warm it up, but there's a softness behind it too...the barest hint of something floral, maybe, but this certainly would not be considered a floral scent. LOVE LOVE LOVE already!

I cannot say thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you to @KatieBT and the rest of the Sephora team, Sol de Janeiro, Maison Margiela, Too Faced, Juliette Has A Gun, Ouai, and Hush enough times! I am stunned and amazed to finally be considered for one of these, and it couldn't have been better suited to me. I can't wait to play with this lovely haul more and update this post with a few reviews (and some pics of pink hair 😛 ).

Re: ZOMG, Gratis is real! :D Thank you Sephora, Juliette Has A Gun, Ouai, Too Faced, Sol de Janeiro, Hush, and Maison Margiela!!

@RGbrown - Re. your update at the top:

1.  Wow!  How nice of you to organize this!

2.  Are you aware that you left the "T" off of Tamara's name? (first spoiler)

3.  I did not receive the Ouai products. (second spoiler)  😞  But who am I to feel sad?  I got so many other wonderful products!

Re: ZOMG, Gratis is real! :D Thank you Sephora, Juliette Has A Gun, Ouai, Too Faced, Sol de Janeiro, Hush, and Maison Margiela!!

@Titian06

Thanks! I figure I can at least attempt to link stuff together in case folks are curious about about real-people-results and want to know how we all liked these 😄

I actually did have the T in Tamara's name there...I noticed that for some reason it was underlined as I was typing up the rest of the edit (I have no idea why, unless it was trying to copy formatting from the link directly above it??), and when I submitted the edit, the T went *poof* and disappeared. Sigh. I'll catch it on the next edit though 😄

I'm sorry you didn't get the Ouai stuff, but you're right, even without it, this was a killer box!

(and speaking of things not gotten...my box didn't have the "this is a show of thanks for all your contributions to BT" letter. Hahahaha 😛 )

So far I've tried three of the MMR samples.  Well that was after being stumped on how the vial worked!  Reference @RGbrown's picture.  I've never used a sample packaged like that before so it took me a bit to figure it out.  It's actually pretty nifty once you get the hang of it.

I've been posting my review on The Perfume Challenge:  https://community.sephora.com/t5/Perfume-Posse/The-Perfume-Challenge/td-p/2633976/page/120  The link takes you to the last page; they're posted within a page or two.  Don't expect anything more than "I liked it" or "it smelled horrible"; that's about all I can manage for a description.

I like all three of these.  What surprised me most is how long they lasted.  Most perfumes last maybe 30 minutes on me.  These lasted for hours.  Flower Market is in your face floral, something I would not normally go for, but there was something about it that I really liked.  Lipstick On was essence of vanilla cookie, but not overly sweet.  Music Festival reminds of grandma, crocheted doilies, and powder puffs.

- Lipstick On

Bergamot Oil, Heliotrope Accord, Neroli Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Iris Concrete, Galbanum Oil, Tonka Bean Absolute, Vanilla Bourbon Extract, Patchouli Oil

- Flower Market

Top: Green Leaves, Freesia
Middle: Jasmine Sambac, Egyptian Jasmine, Tuberose, Rose di Mai,
Base: Peach, Cedar, Oakmoss

- Music Festival

Top: Violet Leaf, Red Apple, Cannabis
Middle: Patchouli, Incense, Tobacco
Base: Cypress, Leather, Cedar

RE: Re: ZOMG, Gratis is real! :D Thank you Sephora, Juliette Has A Gun, Ouai, Too Faced, Sol de Janeiro, Hush, and Maison Margiela!!

I absolutely love flower market it is the best🌷

I love Lipstick On so much, @Titian06!   

I was also not a fan of Music Festival (too masculine), nor did I care for Flower Market (too generic smelling). 

I also tried Promenade in the Gardens and did not care for it at all - reminded me of Chanel #5, which I detest.  Perhaps it's the woody notes?   Not sure, but definitely not for me. 😞

I did enjoy Sailing Day, though - It smelled super fresh and clean, like a breath of fresh air at the beach. 

I guess I'm drawn more toward sweet and citrus/fresh scents? 

I've tried the Ouai Dry Shampoo three times now, and I'm glad I gave it that long. The first time I used it, I was a bit heavy-handed with it without realizing it...it's the first dry shampoo I've used that really, truly has no white stuff, and I thought my first few spritzes were nothing but air. My hair was sticky and stiff and I hated it lol. The second use was before washing the first out, so I was still annoyed with too much product feel. Tonight's use came after a washing, and the results are much better. 

The good: absolutely no white stuff, even if you accidentally use too much. Seems to do a good job at freshening up without leaving my hair too dull. A little goes a long way.

The bad: easy to overuse, which gives a stiff, sticky, full-of-hairspray-feel to my hair (though that was my error, and I can now avoid it in the future). And it's rose-scented (it mostly dissipates, thankfully, but even after a couple of hours, I swear I catch a whiff here and there).

All in all, this is a nice product! I really need to give it a couple more uses before deciding if it's worthy of buying again (and check prices lol), but so far I'm liking it now that I've tried it a few times. As long as I don't wake up tomorrow looking like an oil slick, I'll be a happy camper!

UPDATE 5/20:

I have finished off the can. It's not my HG, sadly. 

It is an excellent dry shampoo; the con for me, unfortunately, is texture. The first use after a washing is fine; it can be applied lightly enough that I feel next to none. My hair looks clean, there's no residue AT ALL (I'm still amazed by that...this stuff is seriously super-awesome in regards to zero visibility), and my hair is still relatively shiny (many make my roots dull, even when I get all of the white out). But with the second use, texture and product feel seem to be completely unavoidable, no matter how little I use. I wash my hair every 3-4 days, but I'm oily enough that nights 2 and 3 (maybe even the first night) *need* dry shampoo, so this is a no-go for me. If you are used to hair spray and texturizing products or any manner of other products in your hair, and don't mind stiffness/texture, this is an amazing dry shampoo. But if you want a dry shampoo that is *just* a dry shampoo and not a texturizer, this isn't the one.

Thank you so much for starting this thread, @RGbrown and for linking to the other threads (I was a little confused where to post - lol!).

Congrats to you, @Titian06 and all the other lovely ladies who received this gratis! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

I was also very blessed to be chosen for this fabulous and generous gratis from Sephora, BIC, @KatieBT and all these amazing brands!  My package arrived while I was out of town over the last week and you know it was the first thing I unboxed this morning! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

050418sephgratis1.PNG

050418sephgratis2.PNG

Closeup of the OUAI Desert Festival Kit:

050418ouai.PNG

I am seriously blown away by all of the amazing things in this gratis package and I'm digging the festival theme! ❤️

Initial thoughts:

• Hush Prism Spray in Malibu Pink:  This is the first product I tried as soon as I unwrapped everything and I immediately sprayed it in my messy bun sitting on the floor in my work out clothes - lol!   I love that it doesn't have that strong chemical scent, it sprayed the color very evenly throughout my hair and it washed out very easily without staining my hair.  This will be so much fun for me and my daughter this summer! ❤️ 
  • Juliette Has a Gun Moscow Mule Roller Ball:   I love, love, love Juliette has a Gun, so I was super excited to try this perfume!  I immediately fell in love with this scent.  It does not actually smell like a Moscow Mule (one of my favorite drinks!), but does have that twist of lime.  It reminds me of a mix between two of my all time favorite fragrances - Byredo Mojave Ghost and Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue.  Love!!!!!!!!
  • Sol de Janeiro Body Buff:   Yaassssss!!!!!  I have been so curious about this product and I cannot wait to try it! It definitely smells heavenly! ❤️
  • Maison Margiela Memory Box:  Ohhhhhh - I love Maison Margiela and I think this is a super fun way to try the whole line!  Can't wait to dig in! ❤️
  • Ouai Festival Kit:  I already love the Rose Oil, but can't wait to try the dry shampoo and wave spray.  The Chloe + Isabel hair accessory is simply beautiful, too! ❤️
  • Too Faced Life's a Festival Palette: In the spirit of full disclosure, I bought this palette as soon as it launched, so I'm already enjoying the beautiful shimmery colors.  However, my daughter has been begging me for this palette, so I gave her this one with the caveat that she share her thoughts/review - Stay tuned.... 🙂

Thank you again to @KatieBT, Sephora, BIC and all the awesome brands!  I am truly grateful for the chance to try these amazing products and my daughter will have so much fun sharing them with me!  We'll report back soon with more thoughts! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Congrats on your gratis @Tamara76 - the Juliette has a Gun fragrance sounds lovely!

Thank you, @niki172!   It is a lovely fragrance, for sure! ❤️

Congratulations, @Tamara76!  You're going to have so much fun with these goodies!  🙂

Thank you, @Titian06!  I already am! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Congrats @Tamara76!!!

Thank you, love! @veronika23 ❤️

Congrats on the gratis, @Tamara76!

Thank you, @SpaceLlama! xoxoxoxo

Congratulations,  @Tamara76!

Thank you, @curlychiquita! ❤️

Yay! Congratulations @Tamara76. Such a fun box of products! 

Thank you so much, @PrettyPaint! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Woohoo, another one! Yay! Congrats and welcome, @Tamara76!!!!

Thank you, @RGbrown! xoxoxoxoxo

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • The polka dot paper...too stinking cute!
  • The goods in all their glory!
  • maison margiela.jpg
  • ouai.jpg
  • sol hush.jpg
  • too faced juliette.jpg
  • Best shot I could get of the violet shift to this
  • Love the pink and purple nature! And I figured I'd show off the hair ornament from Ouai at the same time :D
  • I had a harder time getting the color to show up here, but my brush is PINK lol
  • Gratis & Ivan.jpg
  • IMG_20180511_162543462.jpg
  • IMG_20180511_162447296.jpg
  • IMG_20180511_162303209.jpg
  • Hush Prism in Pink.jpg
  • Curly back!
testing