Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Yes they do. They also combine samples. The last time I placed multiple orders for Sunday Riley 7 day promo, two orders were combined, and I got two packages of 7 for Sunday Riley plus 6 samples I chose (3 for each order).

Great to hear! & thank you for replying so quickly!@Zvezd...

Great to hear! & thank you for replying so quickly!@Zvezdochka

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

I am in love with the Cover FX shimmer veil sample in Amethyst from my recent order but when I went to Sephora website to order, they don’t carry the color in full size! Why do they send samples of colors they don’t sell??!! Anyway, does anyone have experience with the Lavender shade? Is it similar??

Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

RE: Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Thank you @suzyo. I was reading the color swatches in the website too quickly and only noticed the lavender description of the Amethyst. Got confused!

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Hello! ♡ Does anyone know which of these are glitter? Website description states there are three finishes: matte, shimmer, and glitter. 

233A77EC-2CE2-4B6C-B2C9-5D77DE1F456F.png

I can’t exactly distinguish between the shimmer and glitter ones. 😞

@myumew This is how it looks from my laptop

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 12.00.00 AM.png

The screen shot you posted looks like they are in the same order, so the top couple of rows are glitter, then mattes, then shimmer. I hope this helps 🙂

I ordered the Pat McGrath Decadance palette, and there is something off with one of the colors. It is not pressed like the others. Maybe it was swatched with a brush, maybe it crumbled a bit. The palette looks clean though. Has anyone noticed if this is a normal look for her shadows? I ordered one of the smaller palettes too and it had a pan glued to the surface rather than in the depression. I'm feeling a bit let down, I can't tell if I'm being overly picky or not.

One of these does not look like the othersOne of these does not look like the others

@playingdressup I don't think you're being picky at all!  If you're spending your hard earned money on something then it should meet, if not exceed expectations.  That said, from the photo the gold shade does look a little off.  I would recommend contacting CS & letting them know that one of the shadows/pans look used.  They should provide you a return packing slip for you to return that one and they should send you a new one.

Thank you for your help @ElleElleG & @mermadelove! I think I will contact customer service.. It's just such an expensive palette, I'd like one that definitely hasn't been touched. 

@ElleElleG you use PMG, can you speak to this? 

Thanks for the tag @mermadelove

@ElleElleG @playingdressup. Teamwork!!!! I love BIC .....😘

Question about Sunday Riley Good Genes Smell: I bought Good Genes from another website when they were having a sale but it smells much different than the sample I got from the Sephora Reward Bazaar. The Sephora reward bazaar one smelled like really bad but I was expecting that. The full size one has a much milder scent. Just trying to figure out if that's normal or if one of them was off. Thanks!

@Kim888 I'm thinking that much like the Herbivore products, there is going to be some natural variations between batches due to them containing so many natural ingredients. My good genes has varied from pretty vinegary in the DS size to somewhat less so in the size in the Flash fix kit. I've never gotten any size larger than that, though so I don't know. Maybe the tiny squeeze tube size and the way it comes out makes it more apparent than when you pump it? 

Thank you for the insight @mermadelove ! That would make sense for there to be some natural deviation between batches - neither of them smell like they’ve gone off so I’m just going to assume they are both fine! 

Following! The sample I got from Birchbox smelled really strong, too, @Kim888. Not bas, per se, but very much like acid. I found it unpleasant, so it was a big reason for me avoiding spending that much money on a larger size. I’d be interested in hearing if the regular bottle has a milder smell. 

@Susubee yes that's my experience the sample size smelled extremely acid-y so I'm worried the full size I got might be off but maybe it's just like a fluke 

@Kim888 I think that good genes smells like flintstones vitamins. Like, very sweet and citrusy, but with some weird almost metallic funk hiding behind the sweetness.

@skcfan haha yes! that's a good description it's like slightly sweet with a metallic undertone 

Radical Skincare: this is a brand I have never heard of before. I assume Sephora used to carry it, but does anyone happen to know when that ended? I received an order today with a sample from them...

I thought the whole point of samples was so I'd come back to Sephora for more. I guess not 😛

testing