Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora should give BI points for reviews!

I think that each person who takes the time to rate a product and writes a review should be given some points. Sephora benefits because highly rated products sell more. 

15- 20 pts for each review of products we have purchased would be awesome and shows that we are appreciated no matter if we are BI, VIB, or Rouge.

Re: Sephora should give BI points for reviews!

Yes!! I totally agree with this! Sephora please give out points for reviews! 

I came here to comment this exact statement. I have reviewed so many products carried by Sephora, yet nothing in return. I think it would really help boost that community! @KateLovesYSL How do you think we can get Sephora to agree? We need to come together!

I agree; If I earned points for reviews, I would be more inclined to post positive review than just negative ones. 

@crashleyy21 

Reviews - positive and negative should be genuine and not because you got something out of it. It is so hard to trust reviews as it is. 

@crashleyy21 Your review--whether positive or negative--should not be based on incentive.  

I agree with this! 

This needs to happen!

This thread was started in 2014..Three years later, we are all still requesting the same thing. Give the people what we want! Especially, due to the fact that rewards have gone downhill, samples are no longer provided for in-store purchases, and the beauty subscription box gets cheaper and worse/unheard of products by the month. It's the least Sephora can do....

Agreed!  Honest reviews should get some small reward.  I definitely read reviews before I buy anything, especially from reviewers with similar skin type/issues as me.  Maybe someday...

That would be great 🙂 but on the other hand I doubt sephora will ever give us pts. They have been cutting down on our perks this last year that I believe it to get only worse and not better. ......but....hey....we can dream ☁️☁️

Anonymous Insider

I think if you take the time to write a detailed review you should be rewarded for doing so, positive or negative. Period. 

Another thing, a few of us have been skeptical about the honesty and authenticity of the reviews posted. Products often have RAVING reviews just shortly before they are released (rather enthusiastic yet generic ones ive noticed). They filter a LOT of negative reviews as well. So I feel like... Sephora wouldnt be interested in encouraging us to review products (to that extent). 

I agree. I do reviews because I definitely rely on reviews. I love the honest reviews and the descriptive ones because they help me to make big decisions. 

I also think there should be a button we could press when someone obviously has wrote a negative review simply because the item is either not the cost they prefer or the item is out of stock. I think it's unfair that products get negative reviews because a item went out of stock Or because someone is upset that a sale didn't last as long as they wanted. I can only normally get to stores on chemo days but I don't leave awful reviews because the sale ended Thursday or Friday after my Dr. Appointments. When I come across a item with a lot of low reviews it takes me forever reading all reviews to find out if the product is really a 1 or 2 star or is a lot of people upset because of a sale of stock issue. I've also seen some that write the same exact negative review 20 plus times, I don't the this should be allowed either. 1review per item and maybe 1 update review after you have used the product over a extended amount of time. Jmo

Imbeautiful, you can actually downvote those reviews. There's an option at the bottom asking whether the review was helpful or not. If you vote "no" and enough people vote "no" it should alert Sephora so they can review it.

Also might be a good idea to only allow people to review items that they have actually purchased and is in their account showing that they have . If you want to do a review on a product that you have not purchased at Sephora it pops up a error that you have not purchased the Item, if you purchased the item in the store maybe you could put your receipt number in to show you purchased the item in store ,then it would add it to your list of items your able to review. This would keep some of the false reviews from getting to the site.  Just an idea 

I understand why you say this, but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I write reviews on Sephora's website, even if I've bought the product elsewhere, just because I know lots of people read Sephora's reviews and I'm trying to be helpful. It's kind of frustrating to think my legitimate review wouldn't be posted just because I didn't buy it at Sephora. Same with wanting to review something that was given to you as a gift. 

Although I do acknowledge that people could be leaving fake reviews on products they've never bought or used. I guess that because I personally don't do this, I don't like the idea of my opinion being shunned simply because I chose to buy the product at a different store. It just feels like one of those cases where the bad few have ruined things for the rest of us.

I agree it should have a symbol on it if it is a verified purchase from Sephora.

If it was not, then it should not have that symbol so people know if it could be a plant.

I would never be allowed to review anything on Ulta or the famous site that has a beauty and drugstore cart all in one site.  Even though I never review a thing I have not bought from either place, I never get the verified purchaser logo.  I think they have something against me or my account is flagged, because I buy too much stuff from both places.  When I reviewed my Clarisonic Plus, I was like the only person without the verified buyer and I'll be a monkey's uncle if I did not buy it there.  It made me look less credible, and I was irritated about it.

Amazon does this same thing! You actually have to buy the product from Amazon to write a review. 

36 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing