Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

Holiday Greetings to the lovely people of BIC whichever holiday you celebrate! 

As many of you are aware, @TeamBIC has this naughty little habit of turning into a bunch of festive elves and spoiling a random number of active BIC community contributors with a surprise holiday treat come this time of year!  Yeah the imagery is there of TeamBIC in pointy green hats making the magic happen while sipping on hot cocoa.

I’m sure all of you are eager to see what they’ve been up to this season!  I know I am!  They never fail to impress me with their creative box designs (my inner cat loves the boxes as much as the contents) Of course the contents are always wonderful too;);)

This thread is for expressing your community excitement, making wild or educated sleuthed-out guesses as to what could be inside  and for sharing with the community, photos of any gifts you receive, and also for congratulating other community members on their awesome luck and for making BIC the beauty haven it is!   

And once people have had a chance to try out their…ahhhh thé suspense is too much!!!😝, this is a great place to both write and read the best quality product reviews!  It doesn’t get more honest than from the mouths of BIC members you talk to everyday and who know exactly what kind of information you like!  It’s also a great place to ask questions on any products members have received and know you’ll get a speedy response!

I look forward to seeing all the photos

posted as members receive and open boxes, sharing in the joy and witnessing how everyone’s surprises work for them!

Speaking of gratis that works for me, I have been wearing the Kilian Apple Brandy fragrance from last year all week!!!  A continuous thank you to @TeamBIC for every single time I smell like spicy mince meat tarts🥰🥰🥰🥧

Also, I heard someone say today they finished their holiday shopping.  Show of hands, who’s finished or, ahem… started their holiday shopping?  😆✋🏻 I started and am nowhere near finished status; as collected and organized as that would be.  

B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg

F99EC02F-0B9F-494B-832C-E4250BE65042.jpeg

Re: Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

🎊  Congratulations @melissapurple22  😄 🥳 enjoy this gratis! 

Thank you @CynthieLu  Happy Holidays 

Congratulations, @melissapurple22 ! Enjoy! 💖💖💖

Thank you @Titian06  Happy Holidays 

E28DEE92-D13A-4A53-91CF-5269ED7C749A.gif

@TeamBIC 

Realistically, it takes me considerable time to work through hair products, thanks to being blessed with thin hair. My hair is also untreated, and has not been colored in many years, and receives minimal heat styling. Some of the products require a trial period, so please be patient as I want to be thorough.

OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL 

I have only used one scalp serum before, so I read through the directions and expected results, in addition to verified reviews carefully. The results reported on this were from a whopping 16-week study, so hang in there!

Scent: “Capetown,” which is a ‘calming and earthy fragrance of spearmint, ginger, basil and green fig.’ I could definitely note the spearmint, which was soft without leaning medicinal. Overall, it was fresh and herbaceous; I would love a body wash in this scent.

One of the reviewers stated she was “getting some gray hair” and “it looks  so much more healthy.” She also also noted that she did not notice any buildup even after three days without washing. I also have not noticed any buildup; however, I do have a few very unruly and frizzy grays that would benefit from appearing healthier.

I have tried it three times so far, and was pleased to find that whether applied when my hair was wet or dry, it did not weigh it down or make my roots appear greasy. I did experience a few closed pores, each one fairly large and resolving on their own after a couple of days. Not a huge deal, although a couple were noticeable near my hairline.

This one will take some time and I am in it for the long haul and will report back on any updates/changes.

Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil 

I am very familiar with this one, so much that I have been babying this mini I received nearly a year ago, for months. And then comes along its 10x bigger Mama 🙂

This scent is one of my absolute favorites for hair care; warm and spicy. The biggest challenge I find with using this is that it is a thicker oil, so it can quickly turn my thin hair greasy-looking. For that reason, I prefer to use it strictly as a treatment, rather than as a styling aid.

JVN Complete Blowout Styling Milk 3 oz / 90 mL 

This is a brand I have have been interested in exploring, so I was elated to find this bottle in my gratis. I rarely try new hair products as it takes me sooooo long to get through them. I can’t tell you how fun it is to try something completely new, because you never know!

I first combed through a few reviews, to see if anything stood out, or others offered suggestions based on their hair type. Some of the things that stuck out to me:

Seems to help with frizz after heat styling

Hair dries faster

Made coarse hair super knotty

Rated 27/100 on the Yuka App

What I first noticed is the scent, which reminds me of being in a salon. My stylist years ago used Biolage, which I think is what I pick up - that scent - and it brings back some fun memories of that time in life. It is slippery, and after applying, leaves my hair with a slight ‘coated texture.’

I have tried it once so far, in conjunction with the Buttercup, and plan to try it again with the blow dry brush I normally use. One thing I did not notice was shine. After the Buttercup, my hair felt quite soft, but was noticeably frizzier than when I use my other styling products. Using a traditional blow dryer does typically make my hair appear frizzy though, so until I use it with the brush, I cannot say for sure what the source is.

K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Molecular Hair Repair Value Set – Full-Size Repair Mask & Free Travel Detox Shampoo 

Peptide Prep Detox Shampoo

This detox shampoo has a very soft, subtle scent that is clean and not at all medicinal. I have used it once and plan to use it 1x week for my deep cleansing routine.  It felt gentle and did not leave my hair too ‘squeaky’ clean i.e. feeling like straw.

Leave-in Molecular Hair Mask

I am so, so excited to be trying this - I contemplated this set during the earlier sale but now am so thankful I did not pick it up!

Since my hair is untreated, uncolored, and very minimally styled, I am curious how this will perform. It seems to be geared toward those which extremely damaged and processed hair, so I will be paying close attention to those who might benefit more noticeably from this one.

The directions state to use it for the first 4-6 washes, and then every 3-4 washes as needed. I have used it once and my initial impression was that it did not weigh my hair down, and left it looking as usual, although perhaps a bit softer to the touch. At this rate, it should take 2-3 weeks of consistent use for any major changes to stand out. updates to come!

Drybar Buttercup Blow-Dryer 

I have never owned a bona fide heavy-hitting blow dryer like the Buttercup, so I was stunned to receive this beauty. The last blow dryer I purchased was over five years ago, and it was the most money I have spent on one, which is probably why it is still working. That being said, I do not use it very often as my hair ends up fairly frizzy and only a flat iron will calm it.

After two uses, I have noticed a few things that  stand out about the Buttercup. The biggest difference when compared to other styling tools I have used is surprising, and one I had not even considered when using other tools. After I finished drying with it, I noticed a total of three strands of hair on the counter top. When using my blow dry brush, a massive cleanup effort is required to remove numerous strands. It made me realize that perhaps, my brush is too harsh, and a contributing factor to my thinning hair.

The Buttercup is much quieter in comparison, something I also appreciate as there are usually others sleeping when I am styling my hair. It also felt cooler on the medium setting, which I think would be healthier for my hair than heat.

Oddly, I noticed more frizz with the diffuser than without, although it could be the JVN that I had applied rather than the diffuser tip. It appears that both tips are the same; I am guessing one is a backup.

Overall, in the long run, this might help my hair regain some fullness. In conjunction with the Ouai, I am hoping that in a few months, maybe by summertime, the breakage loss will be minimized and there will be more to style if I switch over to using the Buttercup solely. Project Sunshine Locks in effect!

Thank you so much for the informative reviews! As I have thin hair too, what kind of brush do you use? Flat or round? My hair gets frizzy running a brush through-even  when I mist my hair when it's dry. I think I need to invest in a brush. @eshoe 

@Buootiful I use two brushes. A Shu Uemura large paddle brush for detangling post wash, and a round Bio Ionic brush with a ceramic barrel. I have been using the Shu for a few years and love it; I have the mini size as well. I recently replaced my boar/nylon round brush with this one and am still on the fence about it. 

0CACC9A1-9DAD-4370-BA6C-96CD2E997EAC.jpeg

Thanks for the brush info! I might get to compare to my Wet brush. Hmmm, maybe a ceramic barrel will reduce static when brushing my hair too @eshoe  🤔

Congratulations lovely!! Great reviews! @eshoe 

Thank you very much, @lmaster - you too!!

@eshoe thank you darlin!!

Congrats to you @eshoe ! 🎉💞Really appreciate all your thoughts as well! 

Thank you very much, @Sunnysmom 🙌🏼

Congratulations, @eshoe !  I  enjoy reading your thoughts and research!

Thank you and thank you again, @tsavorite! Long projects like these are so worthwhile. There is a lot to learn in the process, but if it helps improve the state of my hair, I am all for it. And even if it doesn’t…it is still a win-win 👍🏼

Congratulations, @eshoe ! You did great research on all of the products. It's wonderful information to have! 

Thank you very much, @curlychiquita - that means a lot coming from you!

@eshoe  One thing we all agree on is our hair is definitely fuller using one/some/all of the gratis products!  For me, the dryer had that affect on my hair, but after using the K18 mask a second time and air-drying my hair, I have to say that the K18 mask does a good job of thickening my hair without making it fluffy, plus improves the curl.

Oh my goodness @ispend2much, I did that today by default. I meant to blow dry but has things going on and by the time I got back to my hair, it was dry. I used a flat iron and threw it in a ponytail. I was surprised that it wasn’t stringy. There was a nice wave at the end of the ponytail, too, with a bit of definition. 

This was my second time using the K18, and I used the peptide shampoo prior. I also used more of the mask than the first time.

@eshoe Congratulations. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on all of the products. You really took your time to read and do your research. 

This kind of research, @Mellmars1185 - it feels pretty special to be a part of, doesn’t it 😁👍🏼

Conversation Stats
Photos125
  • B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg
  • F99EC02F-0B9F-494B-832C-E4250BE65042.jpeg
  • 87967830-D08E-48B1-BE3E-F5340513524A.gif
  • michelleshops_0-1669180846671.gif
  • 20221126_093855_mh1669482977981.jpg
  • mervyns open.gif
  • 20221126_135348.jpg
  • 20221126_094554_mh1669483006377.jpg
  • 20221126_095556_mh1669483028542.jpg
  • DE2D6652-8DE5-4457-8B02-E1C4D46D47DB.gif