Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

Holiday Greetings to the lovely people of BIC whichever holiday you celebrate! 

As many of you are aware, @TeamBIC has this naughty little habit of turning into a bunch of festive elves and spoiling a random number of active BIC community contributors with a surprise holiday treat come this time of year!  Yeah the imagery is there of TeamBIC in pointy green hats making the magic happen while sipping on hot cocoa.

I’m sure all of you are eager to see what they’ve been up to this season!  I know I am!  They never fail to impress me with their creative box designs (my inner cat loves the boxes as much as the contents) Of course the contents are always wonderful too;);)

This thread is for expressing your community excitement, making wild or educated sleuthed-out guesses as to what could be inside  and for sharing with the community, photos of any gifts you receive, and also for congratulating other community members on their awesome luck and for making BIC the beauty haven it is!   

And once people have had a chance to try out their…ahhhh thé suspense is too much!!!😝, this is a great place to both write and read the best quality product reviews!  It doesn’t get more honest than from the mouths of BIC members you talk to everyday and who know exactly what kind of information you like!  It’s also a great place to ask questions on any products members have received and know you’ll get a speedy response!

I look forward to seeing all the photos

posted as members receive and open boxes, sharing in the joy and witnessing how everyone’s surprises work for them!

Speaking of gratis that works for me, I have been wearing the Kilian Apple Brandy fragrance from last year all week!!!  A continuous thank you to @TeamBIC for every single time I smell like spicy mince meat tarts🥰🥰🥰🥧

Also, I heard someone say today they finished their holiday shopping.  Show of hands, who’s finished or, ahem… started their holiday shopping?  😆✋🏻 I started and am nowhere near finished status; as collected and organized as that would be.  

B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg

F99EC02F-0B9F-494B-832C-E4250BE65042.jpeg

Re: Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

@faeriegirl Thank you so much!

Have a lovely ladies night 🌙  @Mellmars1185 your hair is looking gorgeous! 😍 

@CynthieLu Thank you 🍷

Your hair is gorgeous, @Mellmars1185 (so are you)! 😍

@Titian06 Oh thank you so much �🙏

i couldn't wait a single moment longer, and tried some products last night! here are my first impressions 😍

i used the #K18 Biomimetic Hairscience PEPTIDE PREP™ Clarifying Detox Shampoo 8.5 oz / 250 mL mini that came in the K18 set, the Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil and of course, the Drybar Buttercup Blow-Dryer 

i did open and look at the OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL and the JVN Complete Blowout Styling Milk 3 oz / 90 mL , but didn't want to use all the products at once, so i could give a better review on individual performance. i will say though, the JVN scent is so addicting. it smells like i just got a blowout at a salon, which is perfect considering i feel like i've had one after using some of these products! i'm also really close to finishing up another scalp serum, so i'll hold off finishing that before trying the Ouai. the scent is so lovely though, and the packaging is amazing! love that pipette. i'll probably end up washing out and repurposing that packaging when i'm done going through the product.

onto the reviews!

K18 - the timing worked perfectly for this, because i was due for my weekly detox cleansing shampoo. the scent is very familiar, but i cant quite place it. lemongrass? either way, i find it light and pleasant. i wasnt expecting the charcoal color at first, but it didnt stain my nails (ive had bad experience with purple shampoos and things like that coloring a fresh set of nails!). i'm pretty picky when it comes to a detox shampoo because i use a lot of scalp products and occasional dry shampoo, and really want to have that "squeaky clean" feeling. this really did the job. it didn't lather, but that doesnt bother me. i did what i normally do, which is leave it on the scalp for 5-10 mins and then rinse out. i was pleasantly surprised how soft my hair was, even wet. i've had experiences where detox shampoos can feel like theyre stripping your hair, and can leave it a little dry. This left my hair both soft and incredibly clean. i noticed how nice my scalp looked and felt right away. this is a 5 from me! a little also goes a long way!

MoroccanOil - i have gone through a few bottles of this, and similar products, in the past. i havent reached for something like this in a few years, so was happy to have the chance to try it again. while i love the scent and the packaging (the pump is great!), this product is still not for me. i put a little on the ends of my hair, and while they were soft, they just looked a little greasy to me once dry. i can see how this would be an amazing product for someone with a different hairtype, but my hair is way too fine for it. i do like the MoroccanOil Light formulation, which doesnt make my hair feel as heavy. the rating may be higher for other hair types, but for myself, i'd have to give this a 3

Buttercup - no brainer for me. this was luxe feeling, and not nearly as heavy as i thought it would be. i have long hair, and often just do a quick blowdry and let the rest airdry because it takes a long time. the buttercup blowdried my hair completely faster than other dryers ive used, so im happy about that! my mom has raved about it for years, and ive used hers on occasion, so i'm not surprised that this is a product i like. i did see some people on the product page saying theirs broke quickly. i only used this once, so i cant speak on their claims, but my moms original one is still kicking around with almost daily use (between her and my dad), so i think that speaks volumes (see what i did there?) 5 from me!

Thank you for your thoughts on the products, @cianni!! Good to know about the MoroccanOil and fine hair.

@haleyvvvv it can sometimes be a struggle finding products that arent too heavy for fine hair, but also help with dryness! 

@cianni  Yay for good results!

@Ispend2much6 such a great introduction to these products!!

@cianni Glad you got a chance to try out some products. It is great to know the blow dryer is not as heavy as you thought! ☺️

Ahh my wait is over! As it turns out, my package ended up being misdelivered to another address nearby. When I saw it had been delivered (but no package in sight) I was thinking that may be the case, and was hoping it would turn up. Cue my lovely fiancé who flagged down the UPS delivery person this afternoon, and was able to find out where it had been delivered instead. Unfortunately (and boooo holiday spirit/karma for those people), they had actually opened the whole thing, so I didn’t get to see the whole package in all its glory. However, I was able to get this back!! soooooo happy and excited to try everything! Thank you so much @TeamBIC for putting this together, and helping me have a verrry happy hair-lidays!! ❤️❤️❤️

87115ED6-E2E5-4922-BA96-C1209BCF0A5D.jpeg

So glad you were able to retrieve it, @cianni!

@quspork thank you!! 🤗

Congratulations on receiving the gratis, @cianni!! 🥳 I'm so glad your package made its way to you, boo on someone else opening it (do people not check labels?!). Enjoy your goodies!!

@haleyvvvv thank you! happy to have it back in one piece 🙂

I am so happy that your fiancée was able to recover the wonderful holiday gratis @cianni . 

@Loretta55 i whipped him up a batch of his fave cookies as a little treat for doing that for me 😊🍪

How sweet @cianni!

@cianni Oh no sorry to hear it got delivered to the wrong place. Phew - thank goodness you ended up getting it back. That happened to me once and I was pleasantly surprised my neighbor returned it to me. Congratulations on receiving the Holiday Gratis! 😅🥰

@Mellmars1185 it's so nice to have good neighbours!

Conversation Stats
Photos125
  • B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg
  • F99EC02F-0B9F-494B-832C-E4250BE65042.jpeg
  • 87967830-D08E-48B1-BE3E-F5340513524A.gif
  • michelleshops_0-1669180846671.gif
  • 20221126_093855_mh1669482977981.jpg
  • mervyns open.gif
  • 20221126_135348.jpg
  • 20221126_094554_mh1669483006377.jpg
  • 20221126_095556_mh1669483028542.jpg
  • DE2D6652-8DE5-4457-8B02-E1C4D46D47DB.gif