Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

March 2017: Sample Challenge

March Challenge is to dig into all your samples and try them out.  Post here what sample/foil pack you used and your thoughts about it.  Would you consider buying the full size?

Sephora Samples.jpg

Re: March 2017: Sample Challenge

@AMK721 I love love love the lip balm.

Day 1 (part 1):

I went a little crazy today at the thought of clearing these out.  Here are the first three I tried:

1. RMS Beauty Makeup Remover Wipe - This did a poor job of removing my relatively light make-up, and left my face feeling uncomfortably oily.  Won't purchase.

2. Too Cool for School Egg Mellow Body Butter - I liked this.  It absorbed quickly and had a refreshing scent.  Nothing amazing, but I would consider buying this if I ever used up my stash of body lotion.

3. Tosowoong Cocoon Monster Pack.  This did a great job cleaning out my pores and firming up my skin.  It felt strange on and really tightened up as it dried down, but it washed off easily.  I will probably buy this.

IMG_3877.JPG

I shall commit to trying one foil a day! ๐Ÿ˜† I have no excuses, lol.

Yes!  SAMPLES!!!

I will shoot for a foil-a-day!!!  lol!!!!

I have been trying to use up my foils/deluxe size samples as part of my project pan (I do write them down in my journal so I can keep track) so I will post if I remember :S

I finished a foil of Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Night Cream the other day. I also have another one I am currently using up, I can get over a week's worth of use out of each foil since so little is needed to cover my entire face.

While I LOVE her Magic Cream (daytime version) and don't want to live without it I can't justify spending the amount for the Night Cream when I have tried so many other night creams at lower prices. It isn't bad, a bit sticky at first but melts into the skin, it doesn't break me out or anything.

@virgo87 I'd be interesting in knowing what Night Cream you like.  I'm on the hunt for one.  My skin is dry and aging.  

@AMK721

I have combo skin and it is aging too (I will be 30 this year).

I use the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask a few times a week, I like how cooling it is and how it sinks quickly into the skin. I have used the Korres Rose Sleeping Mask in the past but I much prefer the Laneige one.

I also really like Philosophy's Renewed Hope in a Jar overnight because of the glycolic acid in it (I am all about the AHA's and getting rid of the dead skin). A jar lasted me forever as I didn't need too much, it sunk into the skin really fast and didn't irritate my skin.

http://www.sephora.com/water-sleeping-mask-P399799?skuId=1749753&icid2=products%20grid:p399799

http://www.sephora.com/renewed-hope-in-jar-overnight-recharging-refining-moisturizer-P403523?keyword...

This is a fantastic challenge! I have almost all those foils in the photo too! I recently organized my skin care foils. I've started trying to use them, but slowly so I don't anger my skin. I'm trying to be able to participate in the empties thread lol, and this will help. Foils usually last me a bit, so I'll be slow to post. 

Day 1: Yuza Sorbet Featherweight Emulsion.

What it is:
A daily moisturizer enriched with yuza and microcapsules with antioxidant properties to help nourish and reveal skin's radiance.

I haven't noticed any difference. Alone it dries my combination face out. I have to use my regular moisturizer over it. 

http://www.sephora.com/yuza-sorbet-featherweight-emulsion-P406939?skuId=1793769&icid2=products%20gri...

Hi @AMK721, this is a great challenge! I actually have a foil pack in my makeup bag that I've been avoiding using since I've been a little lazy recently. I'll try it out soon and post about it here! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

XOXO,
Marieke

Great idea for a challenge @AMK721! I will definitely try to participate, starting tonight or tomorrow.

This is a great idea I have so many foils and deluxe samples.

I tried a foil of Estee Lauder nightwear plus 3 minute detox mask last night so that can be Day 1.I usually prefer clay masks that don't get dry and this one does but I really liked the texture of it,not sure I would buy full size but would use another sample.

Love it! It'll push me to use items from my Play box, not to mention the gazillion foils I have.

Sadly, my sensitive skin limits the extent of which I can participate in this challenge, but hopefully I can find a few product to love.

I'm in! Thank you for starting the challenge @AMK721 ๐Ÿ’–

Day 1: Amore Pacific Cushion sample pack from my Play! Subscription a few months back. 

I actually am pretty impressed by this. The coverage is really nice, has SPF 50 and this may sound weird but it smells expensive lol. Pleasantly surprised that the shades they sent work for me. Made for pink undertones. I will see how it wears for the full day but I would consider purchasing the full size if it holds up. I like how lightweight it feels on my skin. That's what I look for in foundations! 

Oh I like this challenge. I have an insane amount of samples that I never try but I really want to try them out so this is great motivation!

I'm in too!!  I've got a shoe box full at this point ๐Ÿ™‚

This will definitely provide me with the motivation to sort and use up my foils/DS samples. Count me in๐Ÿ˜€

I am definitely in for this. I've been informally trying to get through my insane-o number of sample packs over the last little bit. But the fun of sharing my experiences will hopefully further motivate me to get through them!

I am soooooo IN!!! I need to get rid of some DS/Foils!!! YAY ๐Ÿ˜„

Oh this is great - I'm always looking for ways to motivate myself to get through my samples!

@JenniferOhJenny me too.  I have a box full and they just sit there.  Seems a shame so hopefully this will be a good way to open them up and try them out. 

Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • Sephora Samples.jpg
  • IMG_3877.JPG
  • IMG_3878.JPG
  • Empty Samples #1.jpg
  • IMG_3205.JPG
  • IMG_8082.JPG
  • IMG_2417.JPG
  • IMG_3887.JPG
  • IMG_2373.JPG
  • IMG_8241.JPG