Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Free Custom Makeovers Benefit for Rouge - 2019

I’m seeing a lot of questions and confusion about Free Custom Makeovers for Rouge members with the new program. I wanted to bring attention to the thread and the FAQ included by Sephora on this topic. This certainly implies that there will no longer be free custom makeovers for Rouge in 2019 even though it doesn’t explicitly state there won’t be (that’s marketing for you, always a spin and polish) This is something that current VIBs trying to hit Rouge for this perk, as well as current Rouge and Rerougers should be aware of.

Too many mods saying ‘to clarify this benefit is still available’ which is incomplete and misleading. 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Beauty-Insider-Program-Updates-FAQS/m-p/4118423#M1...

Additional Program Questions:
Do Rouge members still receive free Custom Makeovers?
Rouge members still receive free custom makeovers with no minimum purchase for the remainder of 2018. Don’t forget, all Beauty Insider members receive free 45-minute custom makeovers when you spend $50 or more.  An appointment is required for all custom makeovers, visit https://www.sephora.com/happening/home to make an appointment.  

@kevinbt @katiebt

RE: Free Custom Makeovers Benefit for Rouge - 2019

Re: RE: Free Custom Makeovers Benefit for Rouge - 2019

I've used this benefit 1-2x's per year.  Never abused and usually ended up spending more than $50/session, eventhough free via ROUGE benefit.  Over the past months, I've felt lied to and deceived about the Free Makeover Benefit.  I've had some cast members tell me the make over could only be booked online.  NONE AVAILABLE FOR ANY DAY!  I've called customer service and have been told it's best to talk with the store.  Other cast members have told me they open online two weeks prior to date, while still another told me 1 week prior to date.  Today I've called again to see if an appointment could be booked and was told the number had been reduced to TWO, that's right TWO available bookings at any given time.  They fill up immediately.  Store used to do 10-15 at any given time.  I was also told the likelihood of pop-in Mini was very slim.    I can get my regularly used products directly from the DRUNK ELEPHANT site and forget Sephora.    I've even found the Rouge Help Hotline USELESS in getting product answers!!  They've lost their customer service.

Sephora is honestly just getting worse and worse. Like this is what we get for spending 1000 a year? My Sephora acts like jerks when I ask for a tiny sample after spending over $100. After this year I'll probably be trying to do most my shopping at Ultra.

Where is the link for the terms and conditions?

Thanks!

Thanks!

RE: Free Custom Makeovers Benefit for Rouge - 2019

Just wanted to share this incase nobody knew. I found this and I called customer service as well as an actual store and they confirmed. Free deluxe makeovers for rouge members!:)

Thank you for sharing!

Re: Free Custom Makeovers Benefit for Rouge - 2019

I wish the comments weren't defending Sephora's decision just because a handful of people abuse the privilege. Rouge should have kept a free makeover option but simply limited them to a handful a year or perhaps one a month. It's really crappy to spend $1000 at a single store for a rewards program that's far too similar to the lower tiers. Free custom makeovers really made Sephora Rouge stand out in the past and I aimed for it, this year, for the first time exclusively for the free makeovers.  Now, I just feel cheated and I suppose, next year, I can buy my fav brands directly from the source.

This really upsets me too, because that was the only reason I shopped through Sephora instead of the direct sites. They've cut down on samples TREMENDOUSLY, made all the tiers basically the same, and are now cutting back on makovers? What's the point of frequenting Sephora then?

@Robyn32 @Robyn32 is correct! Makeovers are still complimentary for Rouge clients. 🙂

@Robyn32 

Rouge still gets all the free makeovers they want. It's item 7 in the terms & conditions here:

https://www.sephora.com/beauty/terms-conditions-beauty-insider

For the rest of the year & only for those who were already Rouge. It'll be changing next year to limited. 

Are customer makeovers still free for rouge members currently, as of 2018? I'm trying to book one and keeps saying I have to buy $50 worth of products.:/

@CallMeFelicia I just did one this past Sunday and it was still indeed free for rouges! I booked the makeover via the app (it's now called Makeup Deluxe: The Full-Face Makeover) and it is 60 minutes, started with some skincare, then the makeover itself. I specifically did not call the store before or prompt the MUA before the makeover, I was curious to see how they would handle it. At the end of the makeover, the MUA prompted me to sign into my account via email address (to share products used) and was then able to see that I was a Rouge and she very cheerily informed me that my makeover was complimentary! No fuss, no muss! 

My plan B if it the store insisted it wasn't complimentary (because of course not all employees are well trained...) was just to pick up a $50 gift card (I honestly have nothing left to buy after all these crazy sales!). I'm not sure I understand the whole freak out over no more complimentary makeovers (if it's even been confirmed). I will inevitably spend the $50 so if it's before, during or after the makeover, what's the big deal? Even better to use the GC online with ebates and promos than at the store. Win win 🙂 

Honestly for me the fuss is the rapidly diminishing number of perks along with why I used makeovers in the first place:to try new looks and products. Sometimes I loved the look and bought things. Other times it just wasn’t for me (too glam/too subtle-always what I asked for-just trying new things is hit or miss) and I enjoyed having the flexibility of trying new things without the pressure of purchasing or feeling like I was wasting anyone’s time.

Odd that they would take this away. I say this because Ive never once (over several years as rouge) used this benefit and assumed most people don’t. I don’t see them saving anything from removing this benefit. Are they adding a different benefit that they think might catch more people’s attention to become rouge?

Free Custom Makeovers Benefit for Rouge - 2019

Same, this needs to be discussed. As someone who uses CMs to help me better use products I've bought (Several times I've brought eyeshadow palette, lip colors and liners with me). Otherwise, I don't understand the difference between the tiers. Any other rewards program, especially beauty series, offer more as you spend. I think the additional $650 should result in a free perk aside from mini makeovers (which when your Sephora is tiny... you can't walk in, usually have to book) that is different from the other tiers.

I agree with you. I'm a Rouge and I am disappointed to learn that it might be done away with because I spend a lot of money at Sephora, and I use the makeovers as a chance to try out products before I commit to them. I hate the returning products, mainly cos if they aren't used as in store samples, then they are thrown out and I feel that is so wasteful. The CM and the 20% discount during sales were the best Rouge perks for me. It's disappointing that those of us that do give them the high volume business will have this perk taken away.

I want a straight answer from them whether it will continue to be a benefit in 2019.  I'm $130 away and would like to know whether or not to save my money.  It's the only reason I'm Rouge. I go weekly, so I definitely use it.  It's a fun time for me to spend with the lovely ladies at my store and I get to try a bunch of different products (and hence, spend more $$).

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
testing