Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Flash shipping

Does anyone know anything about Sephora flash shipping and how I can get it?

Re: Flash shipping

veronicamax_0-1660591267844.png

Since when did you get free shipping with VIB member for free? I didn't receive that, I had to spend $1000 to get free shipping but now some can simply purchase it for either $10 or $25. I AM happy for those that get to use it but seems weird for those that saved up their money to make sure they got the highest level and receive free shipping. Saying it's 2 day VS 3 doesn't matter to me as a extra day is fine with me and , I'm sure it's okay with some other's also. If Rouge special benefits are going to be offered to VIB's at a small cost then why not tell us so we can save money and simply buy the membership for a much lower cost. JMO

I always get free shipping whenever possible, because I refuse to pay for it.  If there is a place that does not offer free shipping (looking at you Dillard's), I usually will not even order online.  That said, outside of my no buy, I have no problem adding more items into the cart to meet the shipping minimum.  $50 is a small shipping minimum compared to some.  

It sounds like this promo just started last year, but I have a feeling it will die soon.  Paying $25 for 3 day shipping when people paid $10-$25 for 2 day shipping last year will leave a bad taste in some peoples' mouths.  Randee already said VIBRouge members get free 3 day shipping standard, so why on earth would they pay to renew.  While there may be some Rouge members who renew despite knowing that, I really think most will not.  They will see it is a waste of money.  Some VIBs will join or renew, but eventually they will probably see a lack of interest or finally realize it upsets people that they're devaluing Rouge.  

I will continue to shop where I get the best deal as I see no value in giving up GWPs or sales to obtain Rouge status.  However, there are Sephora exclusive items that will likely put me there anyway when I get off my no buy.  Sephora has the best kits.

While I am happy for everyone that is able to take advantage of this, it kinda feels like yet again another thing was taken away from those that worked hard to get to Rouge so we would have special services offered to only us. Please , Understand I am NOT and would NEVER try to hurt someone's feelings or upset them and I AM happy for those that are able to use this . I just wish Sephora would really make things exclusive to Rouge members instead of saying that it is and offering it to others for a small fee. One of the reason's I wanted Rouge WAS because the free shipping as I was spending a lot of shipping when I didn't need or want $50 of products.

Hi imbeautiful,

Thank you for your feedback! I will certainly forward it to our Beauty Insider team. Going forward, Flash Shipping will be for 3-day shipping, not 2-day shipping, which is the same shipping method that Rouge members get for being a VIB Rouge member. 

<3, Randee

I am not even Rouge yet, but I understand your point.  I started collecting makeup at the end of last April.  While I spent well over $1000 from May 2013 to May 2014 at Sephora it did not fall in a calendar year.  

I just have not been able to put $1000 into Sephora this year (around $200 short), because other places often have better deals.  Free shipping is not a huge perk to me, because it is not hard for me to spend over $50 in most cases.  I can always think of something else I want!  The fact that there aren't enough Rouge perks to make it worthwhile is exactly why I have spent more than enough to qualify for Rouge at Ulta this year (if they had a program like that of course).  Ulta has better perks and sells many of the same brands Sephora does.  The highest level there is Platinum for $400 a year, so people who have spent a lot less than I have share the same title with me.  Hopefully, Ulta tiers off higher like Sephora did.  I bet the perks would be substantial.  

I guess my whole issue with this "deal" is that I hate paying for shipping.  My husband pays an annual fee for Amazon prime (granted, it is a lot higher than $25) to get free shipping for all of the stupid stuff he orders.  While I am sure it saves him money in the long run, I always try to find free shipping rather than pay an annual fee to avoid it!  That said, I can see the value for people who cannot easily drop $50 or more every time they want something.

I didn't think this was that great of a deal. Honestly, I don't order online very much, mostly because it's so hot here most of the year that everything would be melted by the time I got home from work and brought the package in off the porch. But besides that, anytime I order online, I'm spending $50 and getting free shipping anyways. So, I'm not going to pay $25 just to make it faster.

I thought this was a really disappointing perk.

Wait so Flash shipping just got downgraded to from 2 day to 3 day shipping? What happens to the people who already have to 2 day version? I personally don't have flash and get free shipping since I'm rouge but still hoped to get offered flash shipping for this year since it's faster. Hmmm.....

I hope to re-enroll in this program, I personally love it. To me, it's a bargain even at $25 a year, but the deal last year was for $10 (certain customers were given this deal, everyone else had to pay $25). I may not requalify for Rouge w/school costs next year, so it is comforting to know I can still qualify for free shipping w/no min. amount w/Flash. Also it used to be 2 day shipping, now it's 3 day? I guess 2 day was too costly?

If you're not Rouge, I can definitely see the value in it.  For a Rouge customer, which I will likely be when I come off my no buy, I am unsure I see the value.  

Regular orders get free 3 day shipping anyway, so my guess is the flash system pushes the order through the warehouse a little faster saving roughly a day or so.  I can see how some people would see the value, but I can wait the extra day for the product and be perfectly fine with it.

Not interested in paying for "faster" shipping.  There's nothing I order from Sephora that I need that quickly.  My question is if it's 2 day shipping, does that mean 2 days from PROCESSING or 2 days from the time you place your order.  Still not interested, but was curious.

Is this available in canada?

I second this question 🙂

I doubt it. I think it's another thing that Canadians will miss out on because we have to spend $75 for free shipping and duties on top of that, I can't see them extending a 2/3 day offer to us. Unless it's 5 days shipping or at a cost of $50/year. 😛

I just got this email, which gave me two thoughts.

1. Sephora must have noticed my no buy and is trying to wrangle me back in.  Great marketing Sephora.

2. I will likely be Rouge right after my no buy ends, so the free shipping part would not really matter.  How much time would this save you on shipping, maybe a day.  If I cannot wait an extra day to receive my items, I may really have a shopping problem.

Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 12.22.53 PM.png

I just read the message attached the other picture in this thread and she was offered 2 day shipping for $10.  That helps me decide that I would never (once I hit Rouge) pay $25 for 3 day shipping even though I was already leaning toward no.

I also just got this email, which is crazy because I've been on a no buy as well! I'm $95 away from rouge though, so I can't decide if it's worth it or not. 

I really cannot see it saving more than a day or so on shipping.  If you took the $25 you would spend on this toward products, you would only be $70 away.  It is definitely something you should think about before joining.  I would love to see if someone who joined a while ago can give some insight on the value.  Hopefully, someone drops by this thread.

I agree - I would rather spend that $25 on products to get to rouge. Also I don't think its a good deal since previously it was $10 for 2-day shipping and is now $25 for 3-day shipping.

I have the 2-day Flash and really enjoy it. I never used the Rouge shipping because I got invited to Flash before I hit Rouge last year. But I've heard from multiple people that the 3-day isn't always 3 days, it can be a few more sometimes. With the Flash shipping it's always with no exception been 2 days. Also I don't know if it was a change in their shipping in general, but at the same time my orders started processing faster and do the same day most of the time since. Flash to me has been worth it because I like the reliability of it and always knowing when to expect my packages, especially when I'm in need of something quickly. Even though I have a store somewhat close to me I do most of my shopping online so it's been a great value to me.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 1evennewer.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 12.22.53 PM.png
  • veronicamax_0-1660591267844.png
testing