Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

What didn’t you like about Bite Jam? Was the colour not right for you or something else? @sparklekai

i actually found it patchy and hard to apply evenly.  it could have been that i had it past its prime!

@sparklekaiOoh rainforest after dark! Mine was stolen a long time ago. Did you pan them all?!

@Samtian i actually had a bit of 2 shadows left but i repressed them in my chocolate bar palette!  sorry to hear your went missing 😞

Empties

Traaaash 🗑🗑🗑

Another batch o' trash 😁

Notes in the spoilers

YeeesssYeeesss

Spoiler
Ulta Merry Berry Spice Candle: I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The reviews aren't that great, but I needed a filler and couldn't find anything else I wanted or was willing to store. The spiced scent really traveled well while burning, and the wax burned all the way down evenly. I have a vanilla one as well, and the scent in that tin seems much softer...I don't expect it to have as much throw, but this Berry Spice is A+ to me.

Bumble and bumble Pret-a-Powder Dry Shampoo: omg, i'm sad I haven't tried this one yet in my never-ending quest for my HG dry shampoo...pretty sure I just found it! The scent is hard to describe, at least for me, but it's a little floral with (something earthy? woody? not sure exactly what) mixed in. It's not my favorite scent in the whole wide world, but it's light enough and transient enough that I don't mind it. Absolutely zero texture, no white stuff left behind, and it doesn't take much (I got three uses per can, which seems pretty good for such a tiny sample). I'm not a fan of the cost, and I have a ton of others to get through before I allow myself to buy more, but this will definitely be on my deal radar so I can grab some at some point.

PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask: a staple with a continual presence in my routine. Love the scrubbies, love the scent, love how it makes my skin look and feel.

Rahua Omega 9 Hair Mask: The packet was big enough that I got one full use and still had a bit leftover. It was nice the first time, but I really don't recall it being all that stellar. The second time...I mixed the leftovers with a bit of my TXTR Leave-Inc, and OMG. My hair was soft, silky, and completely frizz-free for all 3 days between washings, without being limp or greasy or weighed-down. Normally frizz creeps in on day 2 and becomes full-blown pouf instead of volume on day 3, but not with this combo. I have another packet to try so I can see if it's a reliable combo, and I've got my fingers crossed. It's funny how neither the Rahua nor the TXTR stand out on their own for me, but something about this combo seemed like magic.

Fair to middlin'Fair to middlin'

Spoiler
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bod Buff: Unlike many, I'm not a huge fan of the SDJ signature scent...it's ok, but I find it to be a bit too sweet for my taste, and because of that, I don't really like the cream at all. In a wash-off product though, it's not too bad. This was a nice scrub (I never used it as a mask...seems like you'd run through it awfully quick that way). The tube is awkward in the shower, especially once it starts getting low...slippery wet hands make it hard to manipulate and squeeze,  especially once you're in the "trying to make origami out of it" phase to get the last bits out lol...though truth be told, I'm not sure what else it would work in...it's too thick for a pump, and tubs are less than ideal. I do like it being clay based...no slippery shower floor. It's also not nearly as messy as many can be. All in all...I'd use more, but I doubt I'd buy it...I have too many others in my cabinet that I like just as well, and I like the price of others in my stash better.

AHAVA Mineral Mud Clearing Facial Mask: The first time I used a sample of this, it stung my face like crazy. And this will sound nuts, but that was a bit intriguing to me...next to nothing burns or tingles or stings my face. Masks that warm or cool? I usually get no sensation. Something claims to be tingly? Not to me. It's almost like my face is the complete opposite of sensitive. In any case, I took this off pretty quickly the first time, as the stinging went from pleasant to not pleasant in just a couple of minutes, and after all, that sort of sensation is generally bad for your skin anyways. I've been holding on to this sample for several months now, both anticipating and dreading it, but finally got to it last week. Not a bit of burning or tingling, and it's a fun light blue, and it was easy to remove, and it made my skin feel good. So now I dunno what to think about which test was more accurate lol. I liked it this time, but I still have to wonder about my first use...would love more packets to try before deciding if this goes on my buy list or not.

Paul Mitchell Spring Loaded Conditioner: I dunno why I try hair stuff I only have one packet of...it's nowhere near enough uses to actually get an idea of how it works over time. I liked it fine, but I've had plenty of conditioners turn from yes to no after 3-4 uses. Would need more testing, and I have plenty of others lined up for now.

FAB Coconut Water Cream: this was nice, perhaps a bit too thin for winter usage, but would be an excellent summer moisturizer for normal to oily folks

Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb: similar to FAB Coconut Cream for me...nice but a bit too thin. Had to slather this on pretty generously. Would use more, but I don't think it would be a cost-effective purchase for me

Not for meNot for me

Spoiler
Patchology Just Let It Glow sheet mask: the serum was fun to look at (it's iridescent 😄 ), but the fit was awful, and even after what felt like a thousand adjustments, it kept slipping and sliding around. Meh.

Sebastian Dry Clean Only: the scent seems to be floral + sweet + woody, maybe rose and honeysuckle and cedar? The sweet/floral killed it for me, even though I loved the woody undertone. This one also leaves behind quite a bit of texture...after three days, I couldn't run my fingers through my roots at all, even with light usage. It's great if you like added texture, but I don't. White stuff was minimal, and was easy to shake out. While it's not for me, it seemed to be a good one if you want product feel.

Philosophy Sparkling Cranberry shower gel: lathers great in the beginning, but disappears quickly...I'd have to reload my poufy at least once, if not twice, every shower. Finally got frustrated and tossed it out of the shower (and I decluttered quite a few other Philosophy shower gels...must reduce the massive stash one way or another lol, and I have too many body washes that I love to waste time on ones that annoy me).

RE: Empties

This week! All 3 sheet masks were amazing!! My skin is so hydrated and ready for mass Holiday parties this weekend! The Ceramic Slip was a bit of a disappointment. I was all hyped up cause it was Sunday Riley, but honestly, it’s just a face cleanser. Did it’s job, but no better than the others. The Bridges blow dry Perfection creme is bomb! Knockout Tingling Treatment is HG for me. The Prep Rally detangler is a HG for my 10 year old daughter!!!

October & November empties! * = I would repurchase (or have), no star = good/okay, strikeout = not for me! Some products that really stuck out were elite acne dots which I already repurchased from $5 below, they dried out or actually pulled a lot to the surface for a great price point. I love mascara melt off and will continue to use, same with lush I love the bath bombs/shower smoothies! No7 glow activating serum was surprising nice as I was unsure of the brand/price point when I first saw it but I already repurchased that serum too! OH truth serum I will continue to happily use when I receive samples but I haven’t repurchased yet as I’m still comparing others... a really fun and beautiful makeup product I would repurchase is the cover fx shimmer veil loved it on lips and lids! Enjoy the end of the year emptying all!❤️💚

Empties

My November empties were skimpy. Two fails and one meh products were the Bath and Body Works mask (it burned), Milani lipstick remover (clogged halfway in usage) and Sephora bi-phase eye and lip remover (perfer the blue eye makeup remover). The rest are loves and repurchase products.

Wow you finished one of the Bite lip mask minis @IndyQT317! That’s impressive😁

Those are the ones I can finish @eshoe. The regular size...

Those are the ones I can finish @eshoe. The regular size are the challenge. lol

Re: Those are the ones I can finish @eshoe. The regular size...

Spnetiems it’s just a challenge to get product out, @IndyQT317! I want to use it, but then I give up and go for the Laneige jar of low-lying-fruit;)

Always repurchasing the cerave facia cleanser and garnier micellar water. Would buy the body shop tea tree facial wash just for cleaning my brushes. I am very sad that the eucerin toner was discontinued 😞 I already have a few fab facial radiance pads as back ups. And once again, very sad that the body shop loose powder was discontinued 😞

Weekly empties! The sheet masks were amazing! Both are on my new favorites list. The dry shampoo is a Holy Grail. I use 1 can a week!!

Have you used Drybar detox @KrishAtl? just curious how th...

Have you used Drybar detox @KrishAtl? just curious how the 2 compare?.

Re: Have you used Drybar detox @KrishAtl? just curious how th...

Used/tried all of em @sonnydee!  This one is my absolute favorite!  It makes my hair bouncy and full, it doesn’t feel like a hairspray on my hair(ie I can run my fingers through it), and the most important is that it leaves no white residue at all!  

Re: Have you used Drybar detox @KrishAtl? just curious how th...

@KrishAtl Thank you! How is the scent?

I have gone through way too many too faced born this way foundations but it’s so good i can’t get myself to try a new one😂 I have maybe 2 empty bottles right now that i keep forgetting to throw out. Gonna get on that when i get home. also i’m in shade vanilla if anyone was wondering 🙂 only shade i’ve found so far that matches me almost perfectly

I don't have any pictures but I've received these samples and I plan on rebuying in the future:

Versace Eros Pour Femme Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

ELIZABETH AND JAMES - Nirvana Black Gift Set (I received the perfume and loved it)

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL

Too Faced Better Than Sex Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara Black

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation 460

YVES SAINT LAURENT - Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-In-Stick Lipstick

Time for yet another round of trash 😃LoveLove

Spoiler
BBW candles are a staple. A surprise hit though is the Huntington Home candle next it...$3.99 at Aldi and just as good, if not better! All the wheeling and dealing in the world won't get me a BBW candle for that low, so I'll definitely be hitting Aldi again to see if they have more of these (so many of their seasonal items disappear quickly though, so I'm not sure I'll find any 😞 )

Bareminerals Complexion Rescue: I'm really liking this way more than the LM tinted moisturizer I keep trying to make my self finish. Just a touch more coverage, plus SPF, smooth finish, not too matte or shiny...just perfect for me. I have quite a few more samples to get through, and I can see myself buying a full size when I'm done.

Body Shop Japanese Matcha Tea Mask: a creamy clay that doesn't dry down. Love it for a gentle clean without a tough removal.

Andalou Naturals Avo Cocoa Skin Food Mask: I've never used the Perricone cocoa mask, but I can't help but imagine this is similar. It's like spreading chocolate frosting on your face, and it's nicely moisturizing. I have more and would buy again.

Cala Peppermint Moisturizing Foot Mask: a surprise hit for me. It didn't seem like there was much serum in the booties, but it spread out enough to cover my feet. It was nice and cooling, and my feet were dramatically softer for about 3 days. Would buy again!

Like or fineLike or fine

Spoiler
I'm not a fan in general of sheet masks, but these weren't so obnoxious in any way that I hated them. The Daylogic is the Rite Aid store brand, and it was probably my favorite of the three...if RA hadn't closed around here, I might even consider more at some point. The heart eye holes on the Pacifica were vaguely annoying, but I usually have to make a snip or two to the eyes on most masks anyways, so it wasn't a deal breaker. I like the gel material of the Leaders, it might even be a second fave to Biobelle's Tencel material. All three here fall in to the "would use again" category, even if I don't buy more.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Essence: I've really only used up one of these, but I liked it enough that I went ahead and dumped the rest into a bigger bottle for use (a wide mouth on an essence jar really should not be a thing). I dunno if I get any brightening from it, but I'm not sure just one vial would show results anyways.

Skinceuticals C E Ferulic: Smells a little funny, and I dunno that I saw any results from it. I didn't hate it, but it's definitely not something I'd dump money into.

Paula's Choice Vitamin C Spot Treatment: Lightened a couple of my lightest spots pretty dramatically, but didn't seem to do anything for my darkest ones. It was fine...just not something I feel like buying any time soon.

NahNah

Spoiler
SNP Hydrating Koala Sheet Mask: this has alcohol, and the fabric was fairly stiff, which meant it didn't really conform to my face...it just kept popping back up around my nose, cheeks, chin...ya know, anywhere that isn't flat. 

Devacurl Low Poo Delight: I was prepared for the low lather aspect (even though I wasn't thrilled about it...I love lather 😛 ), but I was not prepared for the almost watery consistency. I only got 3 uses out of it, which is a crazy amount to have to use considering how short my hair is, and I feel like the work it took to spread did more harm than good to my hair...I wound up with a knotted mess trying to push it and work it around, and I felt like I pulled way more out than normal when I wash combing afterwards. 

Farmacy Lip Bloom, Strawberry Basil: I detected no basil, which made me super sad, and the formula is way softer/thinner than I like. I also hate the pot, though I do give them a thumbs up for making it wide instead of deep...at least I never wound up sticking a nail in it.

I Dew Care Berry Bubbly bubbling clay mask: a cool novelty at first, but then that wore off and I got bored with it. The texture is almost like Jello...it's not sticky in any way, but it's a solid mass of jelly-like stuff. It's incredibly difficult to spread with a silicone mask tool...I'd have to do it in tiny sections or else wind up dropping bits and clumps everywhere. The mask itself was nice once applied...it bubbled profusely without being so bad that you felt overwhelmed, it stayed soft, and removal was easy. As time wore on though, the bubbling declined...I think I had this open 6-8 months or so, and by the end, the bubbling was nearly nonexistent. All in all, it wasn't bad, just not for me. I'd love a sample every few months just for fun, but the full size will never grace my countertop again 😛

@RGbrown@CookieGirl1 described the scent of Vitamin C serum w/ ferulic acid as ‘hot dog water’ and I don’t think I could say it better. 

8,134 Replies
testing