I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Just a small pile for me this month. My kitten wants to be a paw model when he grows up, do you think he has a future in the business?
Love: Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial, which I have a backup of already; AmorePacific Future Response Age Defense Cream, very sad to be out of minis of this one! Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector, I’ve got more minis of this one; Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, which I love intensely, but it has been less effective as winter has begun, so I might give it a break; and Dr Brandt Retinol Hydracreme, something I hadn’t tried before but I liked how refreshed my skin felt after using this!
Hate: Origins High Potency Night a Mins cream, being thrown away half empty. It made me break out and didn’t absorb into my skin nicely. Also smelled like burned orange peels or something icky. Marc Jacobs mascara, which I tried to use for several weeks but it doesn’t lengthen or volumize my lashes well and its gel formula dries slowly and loves to smudge and smear everywhere somehow while it’s wet. Bleh.
Feeling Neutral: Bliss body wash, smells like bubble gum and I’m not fond of that, but it is a nice enough shower gel otherwise; O’Keefe’s hand cream, I actually use this on my feet mostly but it keeps them nice and soft. Nothing amazingly special though. La Mer Moisturizing cream, this stuff is super rich and I think it hydrates my skin well, but it reminds me too much of Nivea to make me want to pay the amount this stuff costs! Murad Oil-Free Sunscreen, nice enough non-greasy feeling SPF 30 cream, nothing special; Caudalie Vinexpert Broad Spectrum SPF15 Radiance Day Cream and Night Infusion Cream, I’m less impressed with their Vinexpert products than most of the others I’ve tried so far, but to be fair these sample tubes were pretty small. I’d want to give them a longer try before forming a stronger opinion.
Mr. Kitty definitely has a future in hand modeling- I am just impressed you kept him from plopping down directly on top of your pile as my cat would do if I was paying attention to anything but him!! LOL
I also hated Origins Night-a-mins. Gross! Peeled of my face like I was molting and broke me out!
Thanks for sharing! I LOVE THIS THREAD!
Dermadoctor KP Duty Body Scrub: HG body exfoliant. I just repurchased another. If you have keratosis pilaris (odd red bumps typically found on arms) you should definitely give this ago.
Vaseline Spray & Go's x3: I wanted to try these for the looongest time. I bought them in the summer and they are a decent summer moisturizer. For the winter months I need something much more moisturizing. I used these last month at the gym after a shower. Works well if you don't have ages to wait for moisturizer to sink in. The cocoa one smells soooo good, like spraying desert all over yourself. I would consider repurchasing, just not now.
Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo & Conditioner: Not too impressed with this. I think it would work great for natural hair or hair that hasn't had too much done to it. For my chemically achieved blonde hair it didn't do much and after a while of using it my hair was left dull and lackluster. You also have to really make sure you wash it out. Double rinse, if not you're left with lovely crunchy hair.
Samples: Urban Decay Primer Potion (already own) & two perfume samples.
Do you have to rub in the moisturizer? I was thinking of getting it for my back when my boyfriend isn't around & I don't feel like twisting in all directions trying to moisturize my back.
Yay skincare empties.....
Ok I lied, the True Blue Spa stuff aren't empty, but they are almost done, I had them for a yr, and it's getting grody. Toss.
FINALLY I finished that gigantic bottle of not very moisturizing Nivea body lotion, honestly I just brought it cuz it says Lotus and I was curious. Boots Botanic mask feels great, but my face needs something more heavy duty. I'm not gonna miss Origins Perfect World spf25...and I have another unopened full size. =/
I started cleaning the Super by Perricone body serum bottle before remembering to take a picture, so I stuck the sticker back on to take the pic. =P
I like all of them. Philosophy take a deep breath is a nice gel moisturizer, light blue with a mild pleasant not very detectable scent. I have combo skin and it's great for summer, comparable to Clinique Moisture Surge.
The Clinique scrub cream was my stable for 5+ yrs. It's a thick creamy scrub with round beads so there's plenty of exfoliation but it's not abrasive. I do recommend using a cleanser afterward tho or else it leaves a residue. I still have an unopened tube left, but after this I think I'm going to move onto Laura Mercier face polish, which is similar but with smaller beads and doesn't leave as much of a residue.
Ole Henriksen truth serum is my stable. Whatever effect it's suppose to have is not drastic, it does hydrate a bit and brightens a bit overtime, but most of all it have a very runny gel texture that sinks in easily in my combo skin and leaves no residue behind (unlike some of the lotion-y serum that I can only use in the winter). In the summer I would use this, then moisturizer only on the dry area like the cheeks and forehead. =)
I didn't keep any foil sample packets from the first half of the month and didn't use many in the second half, but I've still got a good bunch of empties!
- Soap and Glory Off Your Face Cleansing Cloths, I stocked up on a pile of these when they were in the sale section. I am not a huge fan though, so I don't think I'll buy more once I'm through the 4 or so packs I still have.
- Alterna Bamboo Anti Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner packets, I have a handful of these samples to use still but I have purchased the full size shampoo already. I'm sure I'll get the conditioner too at some point!
- Caudalie Makeup Remover Cleansing Water mini, this is the second mini bottle I've finished and I have a huge super value size bottle too. It smells so good and it's nice and gentle.
- Caudalie Lip Conditioner, from the first Caudalie Favorites kit which I have bought twice now. Great everyday lip balm, I don't think I've EVER finished a tube of lip balm so quickly in my life. Not because this stuff doesn't last well, but because I love it that much!
- Algenist Regenerative Anti Aging Moisturizer SPF 30, I am liking this as my daily SPF moisturizer. I have like 6 more deluxe minis to go through but I'm sure I will actually buy it one day, haha.
- Algenist Overnight Restorative Cream, from a Canada only promo code, I ordered three of these but my mom stole two. I like it a lot and might buy it if I ever run out of night cream minis to use.
- Algenist Eye Renewal Balm, I wish I had stocked up on these during the Sweet 15 summer sale! Repurchased even without that awesome discount.
- Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base, HG repurchased, love it!
- Lancome Genefique Serum, nice enough but I don't think I'd buy it.
- Cartier Baiser Vole EDT Spray, I love this perfume so much! I will buy the EDT when I run out of my second spray pen and I already own the Eau de Parfum. Thinking about buying the Essence de Parfum too, it has a lovely vanilla note to it which is really interesting. First perfume I've considered buying in three (or even two) formulas.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, HG repurchased and have some backup minis as well from the promo code and trading.
- Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch, great to smooth over horrible big looking pores to hide them completely. Repurchased.
- Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express, I must have desperately picked this up somewhere at some point and it's been sitting in my makeup bag forever. Finally tossing it because I don't know how old it is, even though the texture looks quite good still, it's got to be full of bacteria.
- Lancome Hypnose Drama, I like it and I'm glad I have another one or two in the stash, but not The One.
- Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Mascara, this has a drier formula than I usually prefer. It gives a natural looking lash, no big volume or length here. Dislike.
- Dr Brandt DNA Cream, very strong patchouli scent which came across as lemon floor cleaner scent to my sinus infection ridden nose when I was using it, haha. Feels nice despite the scent but I don't see myself ever buying it.
- Nivea Creme, travel size container I picked up while in Mexico when desperate. Used it on my elbows mostly, won't buy it again if I can avoid it.
- Too Faced Primed and Poreless, I got a full size of this in the Traveling Box. I like it but think I'd rather spend my dollars on the Clarins Perfecting Touch when I need to buy another product like this.
- Bare Minerals Prime Time eyelid primer, got this as a sample at some point. Never finished it and have no desire to.
- AmorePacific Future Response Age Defense Cream, this is my second or third of these and I like all the AP products I've tried a lot. Not sure I can shell out full price for them though.
- AmorePacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Creme, I like this one a lot, it's lighter in texture than the Future Response but the sample is almost 1/3 as much product, which makes it even harder to want to spend a million dollars on it ever.
- Annabelle Eye Liner, a drug store liner I don't think I'll ever bother to finish. Smudgy and transfers to the top of my eyelids if it has any chance to. Bleh.
LOVE the AmorePacific Future Response. I got a bunch of these through the 100 pt perk bc I can't bring myself to buy it...which is kind of funny when you think about it bc getting five of them is like spending $500 for a little less than I could get for $195. I've never thought about it like that until just now haha