Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@RGbrown all of the candles reviews are especially helpful. Congrats on your completed products for the year 🙌🏼

@eshoe 

Happy to help, and thanks so much! 💕

@RGbrown I wish we had Aldi's in my area!  I hear such good things about their candles.

@CookieGirl1 

Aw, it makes me sad that you don't 😞 Hopefully you'll get one some day soon!

@RGbrown isn't it mostly an east coast thing?

@CookieGirl1 

Looking at their store locator, they've got stores in 38 of the 48 contiguous states plus DC. At a glance, the concentration does look lightest on the west coast (95 in CA vs 123 in NY and 127 in TX, and none in WA, OR, or NV), but hopefully they're making plans to move your way!

@RGbrown 🤞🤞🤞

@RGbrown  Over 400 empties, way to go! Thank you for your detailed info.  It helps when considering these products.  Let me ask, does ALDI have candles year round or just at holidays?

@Cissy63 

Aldi has a few candles year round; at my store they are on the cleaning and food storage aisle, between the cleaning products and the foil/Ziploc bags etc, and they are fairly basic scents...not a ton of selection here, but the ones I've tried are good. But they also almost always have a rotating selection of candles in with all the random stuff on the seasonal aisles too. I've been disappointed in a couple of their candles over the last couple of years, but for the most part, I'd say they are worth the purchase...most have been pretty dang stellar, especially for the price!

20221120_151147.jpg

Recent empties: Peach Slices deep blemish microdarts, Banila Co Clean It Zero cleansing balm (original), Crystal magnesium enriched deodorant (lavender rosemary), COSRX advanced snail 96 mucin power essence (sample size - was part of a COSRX favorites/ bestsellers set), The Naked Bee lip balm (orange blossom). I liked all of these and have restocked the pimple patches and deodorant, as well as purchased the full size of the COSRX essence. 

Awesome empties! @caitbird 

@Mellmars1185  thank you!

Way to go on your empties @caitbird 😃

@CynthieLu  thank you!

That’s a great set of empties @caitbird! The CosRx is a repeated repurchase for me. 👍🏼 Do you recall if the lip balm was scented?

@itsfi  thank you! Yes, I believe the lip balm was scented.

A little mid-month clean out 🗑

YTD 403

IMG_20221116_120519164.jpg

Spoiler
Candles:
-Ulta Cinnamon Swirl: not what I expected at all; I was looking for spicy and warm, but this was more baked goods/gourmand with barely a hint of cinnamon. Smelled more like cookies baking (which really threw me off the first time I burned it...I'd forgotten I had it burning, and wondered what my sis might be baking upstairs lol). It burned well, and had great throw, it just wasn't the scent for me, as gourmands aren't typically my thing.
-Nest Grapefruit: I've gotten a few of these baby votives in gwps, but always saved them with my fancy candles instead of burning them, so I finally decided it was time to break one out. Wow, great throw, even from a tiny little thing like this. Impressive!
-Aldi Basil, Mint & White Flower: really nice scent, fresh and clean and bright, not overwhelming, but definitely noticeable. This one burned a little weird; there's not much wax left, but what is there looks like little dusty balls smooshed together instead of smooth wax. Odd, but overall, I'm quite content with it.

BBW Lotion, Napa Valley Sunset: basic staple, and this was a lovely warm and fruity scent; notes are pomegranate, plum and amber.

Psssst! Deep Clean Dry Shampoo: I've had this last bottle in my stash forever, knowing it was one I remembered liking, so I pulled it out to see if that was still true, and it is. It reminds me a lot of Redken Deep Clean (my HG)...does a great job clearing up any oil without leaving any residue or texture, and the white stuff shakes out easily. Went online to see about finding more, and it turns out Freeman shut the brand down completely 😐

Eucerin Advanced Repair Hand Cream: I'm pretty dang sure this is the first urea cream I've ever used, and holy heck, I have to say, this stuff is pretty amazing. I used it as a foot cream, and my feet are soft and smooth, and I'm pretty sure even my calluses are smaller, thinner, and softer. The drawback is that it stinks, egads, it's terrible. The initial scent is house paint with a hint of spoiled milk, and then it fades to a tire fire off in the distance 😖 I put on foot cream literally right before laying down, so after that, my hands are shoved up under my pillow and I can't say how long it takes to dissipate, but I'm not sure I could handle this on my hands during the day. At night though? Pretty amazing stuff!

Dermalogica Calm Water Gel: lightweight moisturizer, but overly scented, very spa like with lavender and citrus and something woody or herbal. Too small a sample to know if it's problematic for my face or not, but at least I can rule it out based on scent.

Dermalogica Biolumen-C Gel Moisturizer: another nope from me, this felt like spreading glue on my face. It felt thin and light at first, but as it warmed up, it got thick and sticky and just plain weird feeling. The scent isn't quite as heavy in this one, but it's still got a noticeable citrus scent.

L'Oreal Pure Clay Cleanser: works well for me, cleanses without stripping, rinses well.

Versace Eros Flame EDP: love love love the scent of this, spicy and warm, woody, maybe a hint of smoke? This is the kind of scent I fall hard for. Maybe not all that complex or extraordinary, but I'm still contemplating a bottle one of these days.

Missoni EDT: light and fresh, soft floral, maybe a fruity/sweet hint. Easy to like, but nothing special to my nose.

Briogeo Scalp Revival Dry Shampoo: Lovely formula that doesn't leave any gritty residue, and shakes out easily. Light scent. I'm overstocked on powders for now, but I did just buy a FS of this for my sis to try, and if she doesn't like it, I'll be happy to add it to my backstock.

Clinique Drama Gel: basic moisturizer, not fancy, but works well enough for me to use minis here and there. Not sure it's an all time fave, but it's not bad, and I welcome more samples. My skin has been drier lately, so I'm looking for something a little heavier now though.

Vichy Mineral 89 Serum: has been a really nice extra layer of moisture now that the drier air is here. Have more, will use!

IMG_20221116_120811510.jpg

Masks, both reviewed before, both still good. Love the Better Skin Lava Magic scrub, it's super scrubby and rinses easily. Smells good too, citrus scent. Love the Julep Love Your Bare Face Cleansing Oil as well, but this has gone bad, unfortunately 😞 I couldn't begin to tell you how old this Sephora Hydrating Mist is, but I'm anti-coconut lately and just can't with the scent, so it's gotta go. 

@RGbrown  OMG “little dusty balls smooshed together “ had me on the floor 🤣🤣🤣🤣 What an image in my head, I loved it😀. Urea cream was a frequent order for my patients calloused feet.  There is an odor but it works well.  Thank you for your detailed information.  It’s very useful 🥰

@Cissy63 

It was the weirdest leftover wax I'd ever seen, almost like it was too dry to melt or something (not that that's even possible really, it was just weird that it melted and cooled with a texture instead of smoothly). Oh, I know, popcorn ceiling, that's what it reminded me of!

So stank is common for urea creams? Good to know, thank you!!

Great job on your empties @RGbrown 

And clearing out what's gotta go 😋

Nice work! That’s a bummer about the Julep cleansing oil going bad @RGbrown; it was a good formula. 

1 Reply
testing