Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much!

@RGbrown Wooo great job!!

@Samtian 

Thanks so much! 💕

YTD 426 🗑

IMG_20221204_151212394.jpg

Huntington Home Citrus Clove candle: Aldi's version of Woodwick candles, this had a nice throw, good burn time, and a lovely scent. 

Tree Hut Tropical Mango scrub: basic staple, excellent all around body scrub with a fun scent. I'll try most any body scrub, but I always come back to Tree Hut as my fave.

Nest Ocean Mist & Sea Salt candle: excellent throw, but I do not like the scent of this at all; I catch a very strong floral scent, nothing salty or ocean air about it.

Huntington Home Holiday Cranberry candle: this seems to be a scent that comes back reliably every holiday, and I am glad it does, I love the spicy fruity scent, it's got good throw, and burns well, though this one didn't burn quite as far down as they usually do...it seems the wick holders are much taller this year, leaving a little extra wax in the bottom.

System Professional Hydrating Conditioner: passable; worked decently well on my dry ends, but not as well as others. I think I've got another packet or two of this in the shower that I'll use up, but it's not something I'd repurchase, as it didn't dethrone my fave, and is near impossible to find anyways.

Philosophy Purity cleanser x10: basic staple. One day I'll finally finish all these packets!

Ulta Makeup Remover Towelettes, watermelon: lovely scent, and they cleanse well enough on my lazy nights. I've got some other wipes in my stash, and they aren't something I go through quickly, but if I ever need to rebuy in the future, Ulta's will be in the running.

Tom Ford Ombre Leather: turns sickly sweet on me, which makes me sad, but made a nice pillow mist instead

Dionis Lip Balm, Blood Orange: basic staple, nice daily driver, cheap enough that I don't mind keeping a stash of various scents around the house

Butter London glass cuticle pusher: I had been testing this versus a metal pusher, and was just deciding that I might like this one a wee bit better when I dropped it in the sink and managed to break *both* ends. Might replace, but may not...my clumsiness isn't dissipating with age, it seems

TONYMOLY masks: thin material, low scent. The collagen variety leaves me with more moisture than the vitamin C one, but both fall into "fine, would use again" territory.

Holika Holika Strawberry Pure Essence mask: also fine, ok moisture, but I've had better. Low scent. Not bad, not spectacular.

Give Them Lala Stay Calm Soothing sheet mask: meanwhile, I liked this one enough to pick up a few more boxes for $4 from BoxyCharm. Moisture is really all I look for in a sheet mask, and this one was pretty darn nice. Thin material, stays in place, very low scent, all around excellent for my preferences, and I was happy to add more to my stash.

Geat empties @RGbrown . I want to start doing a year to date total. I think this year is the year! Congratulations!

@Mellmars1185 

Oh yay, join us, it's fun to keep track! ❣️

@RGbrown all of the candles reviews are especially helpful. Congrats on your completed products for the year 🙌🏼

@eshoe 

Happy to help, and thanks so much! 💕

@RGbrown I wish we had Aldi's in my area!  I hear such good things about their candles.

@CookieGirl1 

Aw, it makes me sad that you don't 😞 Hopefully you'll get one some day soon!

@RGbrown isn't it mostly an east coast thing?

@CookieGirl1 

Looking at their store locator, they've got stores in 38 of the 48 contiguous states plus DC. At a glance, the concentration does look lightest on the west coast (95 in CA vs 123 in NY and 127 in TX, and none in WA, OR, or NV), but hopefully they're making plans to move your way!

@RGbrown 🤞🤞🤞

@RGbrown  Over 400 empties, way to go! Thank you for your detailed info.  It helps when considering these products.  Let me ask, does ALDI have candles year round or just at holidays?

@Cissy63 

Aldi has a few candles year round; at my store they are on the cleaning and food storage aisle, between the cleaning products and the foil/Ziploc bags etc, and they are fairly basic scents...not a ton of selection here, but the ones I've tried are good. But they also almost always have a rotating selection of candles in with all the random stuff on the seasonal aisles too. I've been disappointed in a couple of their candles over the last couple of years, but for the most part, I'd say they are worth the purchase...most have been pretty dang stellar, especially for the price!

20221120_151147.jpg

Recent empties: Peach Slices deep blemish microdarts, Banila Co Clean It Zero cleansing balm (original), Crystal magnesium enriched deodorant (lavender rosemary), COSRX advanced snail 96 mucin power essence (sample size - was part of a COSRX favorites/ bestsellers set), The Naked Bee lip balm (orange blossom). I liked all of these and have restocked the pimple patches and deodorant, as well as purchased the full size of the COSRX essence. 

Awesome empties! @caitbird 

@Mellmars1185  thank you!

Way to go on your empties @caitbird 😃

@CynthieLu  thank you!

That’s a great set of empties @caitbird! The CosRx is a repeated repurchase for me. 👍🏼 Do you recall if the lip balm was scented?

11 Replies
testing