Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@missjeanie 

Renting a Uhaul for your first trip across the border? Might be a worthy expense 😂😂

@RGbrown I drive a pick up truck.  It shall be full.  lol.... I've actually got a plan in place, once I hear it's open, I'm going to do a couple big orders online to have delivered to the PO box.  Once they're all there, I'll do a weekend trip down to Detroit, visit with one of my best friends, hit Ulta, CCO, Trader Joe's, TJMaxx and then on my way back home I'll be stopping at regular Meijer/Walmart for groceries (you guys don't even know how much I miss the price of cheese in the US), and then pick up my mail box before bringing my truck back to Canada and straight to the lake to do my 2 weeks of isolation.  It's kind of like how I have a lottery win planned out. Just gotta buy a ticket lol

@missjeanie 

I LOVE that you have this so well planned. I'd say I've got a trailer you can borrow if you need it, but I fear I'm a bit out of your way 😆

Oooh, love the B&B dry shampoo. Great empties, @RGbrown!!

@haleyvvvv 

Ack, I totally missed this somehow 😒 Bumble makes great dry shampoo 💖 Thanks so much!

Look at all those full and DS products! Excellent work @RGbrown! "Ohhhh, old-school Biobelle! Sadly you were not long for the sheet mask world." 😢 Savor your next batch RGbrown! That True Blue cream is a blast from the past - that was another good line. 

@itsfi 

I've been surprised with how quickly my trash is piling up this year, since I've mostly decided to stop sampling all the new stuff and just focus on my loves. I guess I've stashed away enough loves in sample format over the last couple of years that I'll still have plenty of minis to bulk up my trash 😅 Finally using up some of these sheet masks helps the count too!

The last half of my February empties:

2.28.2021 part 2.jpg

Spoiler
The standouts of this bunch are:

Skincare
Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner has always been a favorite. This one will be a staple in my skincare collection.

Krave Beauty Oat So Simple Water Cream
: a classic example of a moisturizer that just keeps it simple. Sometimes that what the skin needs, just a simple moisturizer.

Aquaphor
is a must have. So many uses for this one - lip balm, hand cream, soothes dry skin, good for cuticles, etc.

Sheet Masks
% Dr. Ceuracle Royal Vita Propolis Anti-Oxidant Mask is biodegradable cotton cellulose mask saturated in a goopy, amber honey hued, deliciously scented, jelly-like essence that leaves skin soft, clear, supple, nourished and brightened.

Biobelle #SweetGlow Facial Mask Firms & Hydrates with Hyaluronic Acid & Collagen -  The volume of clear, lightweight, watery essence saturating this thin Tencel sheet makes it entirely possible to leave this mask on for close to a full hour without it drying out. Half that time was more than enough to douse my skin with a heavy dose of hydration and leave it looking fresh faced and awake.

Celloine Tears Mask:  Parched skin will be crying tears of joy after spending 30 minutes with  this clear, slightly viscous essence-soaked gauze-y sheet mask. I would break a sheet mask no buy to pick up more of the Celloine Tears Mask. 

% Dr. Ceuracle Hyal Reyouth Lifting Mask delivers on its claims  "to restore dry, dehydrated or rough-looking skin lacking hydrating."

Candles
Voluspa Spiced Goji Tarocco Orange - fresh, fruity, citrusy with hints of spice that gives it some warmth.

Voluspa Spiced Pumpkin Latte
- this one just smells amazing - hints of pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla - a wonderful gourmand scent

Voluspa Gilt Pomander & Hinoki
is a warm, woodsy and fruity mix that just blends beautifully together

Forvr Matcha Business
warms the house with the delicious aroma of hazelnut flavored coffee. 

Opal House Rose Cake
was not what I expected - it was better. The rose in this is very subtle and blends with another floral scent I can't pinpoint, as well as some very light citrus and gourmand (vanilla maybe?) scents. 

@itsfi  check the candle usage!  I'm lighting one right now... thanks for reminding me!  

@itsfi 

Seeing the old Biobelle sheet mask makes me so sad they changed their lineup! As someone who doesn't care for sheet masks all that much, old school Biobelle was a true love of mine 😫 I don't think I ever got a chance to try that one in particular, but I'm sure it was just as fabulous as everything else they had at the time!

The old school BioBelle masks were soooo good @RGbrown! It’s clearly a classic example of “if it ain’t broke...” All this time I thought this one I used was a new one; figures that is not the case and it explains why I liked this one so much. 😆 

@itsfi 

I'm still baffled that they took a stellar product line and decided to make it mediocre 🤔😥😣 I've still got quite a few of the old ones that I'm working through, and will be crushed when I run out!

Small batch o' trash! 

YTD 60

IMG_20210221_182812621.jpg

Spoiler
Bumble Don't Blow It: fantastic lightweight styling cream meant for air-drying. Does a great job at taming frizz and helping define my waves just a bit, with zero crunch or texture. I have a full size lined up already, though this is one category where I don't mind trying new things sometimes, so I'll rotate through it with some other samples.

Hask Purifying Dry Shampoo: not bad, but perhaps a bit more drying than I like. Works decently with low white residue, and doesn't make my hair stiff or sticky. Would use again, but not outstanding enough for my rebuy list.

Pacifica Himalayan Patchouli Berry Hair & Body Mist: patchouli is not my favorite scent, but it's not heinous to my nose either...used this up as an air freshener

Glisten & Glow top coat 2oz: simply fantastic! Quick dry, super shiny, no shrink. A staple in my nail routine...I have more and will continue to buy!

Valjean Labs Vitamin E + Ferulic Acid serum: Basic staple with a fantastic price point ($6.99 for nearly 2oz at TJM, and I can find it pretty regularly). I use this in conjunction with my Exuviance Vitamin C; it helps me squeak by with only half a capsule per day, thinning down the thicker formula and allowing me to spread it more easily. I have another bottle on hand and will rebuy as long as I keep using Exuviance.  

IMG_20210221_182641071.jpg

Sheet masks: mostly fine, minus the Glow Recipe one...it pilled like crazy on me, but so does their sleeping mask, so I wasn't terribly surprised by this. And, I have *finally* finished off all of my 2017/2018/2019 exp masks (!!), so now I'm only a year behind 🤣

Yes, yes, yes to Glisten & Glow @RGbrown. I’ve been rotating through a few top coats and it’s one of the best ones I’ve used, if not the best one! 👍🏼 That’s fantastic news on getting through a bunch of your sheet masks. It’s so easy to accumulate them!  

@itsfi 

My sis introduced me to G&G several years ago, and I actually resisted her recommendation for a bit...at the time, I was really only into mainstream stuff and had no idea that indie brands were such a big deal (I was a dolt with the "I'm not gonna use something I've never heard of" attitude lol  🙄🙄). But once I finally tried it, I was blown away, and have been loyal ever since, with absolutely zero desire to even bother with anything else 💕💕

@RGbrown @itsfi I'm just at the very dregs of my G&G topcoat but I actually ordered a base and top coat from Vibrant Vinyls (which should be delivered on Monday).  I've heard really great things about both products and it doesn't hurt that you can even choose a scent to have added!  

@CookieGirl1 @RGbrown I have a top coat from Vibrant Vinyls and like it. I’d say that one and the Glisten & Glow are my favorite top coats. I’ve not tried any VV base coats. It looks like I may need to pick up a base coat later in the year; will have to check out the selection at VV. Yaaay a nail haul on its way! 

@CookieGirl1 

I've got their Double Bond base coat, and while it is scented, I can't smell it once I top with polish. I'm curious to know how long the scent lasts from the top coat though...not sure that's something I'd appreciate long term, and it has stopped me from picking one up whenever they've got a scented one at PPU.

@RGbrown, isn’t it interesting how we can be so set in our ways about certain things, including a top coat? 

I feel that way about Zoya nail polish remover - it’s the one!!! I’m just working through the last of the other ones that I have and then it will very literally be the only nail polish remover I’ll keep on hand. 

@itsfi 

Ahhhh, Remove+ is such a joy! That's another staple for me, though my sense of despair is setting in, and I'm wondering if they'll ever have another 70% sale. I've still got a little bit left, but it's so expensive compared to others, and I don't want to pay full price for it considering how quickly I run through it, so I found a knockoff recipe that I'm currently trying, and it's pretty good!

10 parts acetone

1 part glycerin

1.2 parts water

Glycerin won't dissolve in acetone on its own, but the water keeps them both bound together. It smells like acetone of course, but doesn't dry out my hands like plain acetone does. If/when Zoya does another nice sale, I'll probably stock up heavily on Remove+ again, but for now, this is my cheap alternative!

Oh, good to have this in handy! Thank you @RGbrown. Hmmm... that very noticeable acetone smell. 👃🏼 I’ll just have to keep a nice scented hand cream around to use afterwards. That’ll help me get through some of my hand creams too! Yes!!! 😆 

Come on, Zoya!! Help us out!! I have a couple of Amazon gift cards that I may use to pick up Remove+, if I get close to running out. 

3 Replies
testing