Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@RGbrown, I have a mini set of the skittles lip smackers. Fun and fruity indeed! 😃

@ather, I get it. Is contactless pickup an option for many of the stores near you?

@itsfi  Nope. But I think I’ll send my husband out this weekend to track one down for me!!

@ather 

Yikes, sounds like someone needs to do some shopping, stat! 🤣

@RGbrown  I agree

@itsfi  I agree I also have fond memories of Dr. Pepper lip smackers!!!

Right @ather!?! Good memories. I was so excited when I was a kid to get my hands on a Dr. Pepper lip smacker. It was one of the few lip products I went through and repurchased - interesting, how things haven't changed too much in that regard?!?!! 😆 

@itsfi @RGbrown  Crisis over!! I got some!!!!

@ather 

Praise be!! 😁

@RGbrown @itsfi  I snuck out today to go to the store. I thought it might not be appropriate if I asked my husband to pick up his own Valentine’s Day card and gift 😂

@ather 

Why not? "Hey babe, here's $20. I need a lip balm, and feel free to pick you up something special at the CVS with the change. Happy Valentine's!" sounds perfectly reasonable to me 🤣

Hmmmm, on the other hand, perhaps this is why I'm divorced? 😆

Woohoo @ather! 🙌🏼 

I typed up a whole bunch of info about what I repurchased loved and like but there was an error and it vanished before I could copy it... sooo * means I loved it which quite a few of my loves I’ve repurchased into my stash✔️ Ask anything in particular and I’ll help as long as I remember lol I do need to give myself props for hitting my 600 product goal for the year - I didn’t hit the more out than in goal but I’m challenging myself to that again this year with increased seriousness! I’m going to also hope to have more used monetarily than I’m spending too! Happy 2021 and onto another month of emptying products!1C8AC068-05D9-4A9B-83A2-B56041905AE4.png

910DA545-F593-4382-955C-F4597515A085.png

56278EFE-A6BC-4653-ADF7-14E81F7AA321.png

29E15EE8-0E0B-4E1F-B0F5-A790CE84B4C4.png

073C8DF2-D918-4C4F-A98E-B2401A3DA7BA.png

You're so good about tracking your empties @SAlyFitz! 😁 Good luck with your 2021 empties goals! 

And December 2020

My December totals, 16 loves, 24 likes, 19 meh and 17 nopes, for a total of 76.  My year long total was 635, I fell 95 short of my goal, but looking back I had a few months with less than 20 empties which is super low for me.  Covid and working from home are my excuses. I did however achieve the second part of my goal, to have more going out than coming in. I'm going to set the same goal as last year 730 empties and more empties going out than new coming in.  

Loves

Spoiler

The box is the Erno Laszlo combo pack of a cleansing oil and a cleansing bar.  I actually really enjoyed this.  The oil was the best cleansing oil I’ve tried thus far and I like the idea of the bar… I’m just not used to it.  The bar here lasted a long time as well.  This was the sensitive version and I’m already using a large full size of the cleansing oil.  I’ll use the bars again as I find that depending where I am the bars are better for me. 

The Pixi milky mist might have been my first mist, I’ve bought this before and I enjoy it.  Good price, good (not the best) mister, but overall a lovely product that I’ll buy again, though I use misters more in the warmer months. 

The Sunscreen is great for me, I like the higher SPF, though it does leave a white cast for a few minutes and I could see that as a deterrent for those of darker skin tone.  

Bars Pro Prime.  This was a mini that I’d refilled from a full size to keep my travel make up bag smaller.  Twas time to ditch it.  I have one full size on the go and two more backups.  This stuff is the best for more oily lid types. 

Sun Bum hair mask.  Smells. Divine. I use hair masks a few times a week and will buy more. 

90BEB566-D914-441E-B3A2-9B0D58AE0D1A.jpeg

Spoiler

The creepy baby mask is an odd one, but I like it.  So bulky though.

BBW body lotion wasn’t quite as heavy as I’d like, but dang she smelled ah-mazing.

Ok But First Coffee sheet mask.  Wish I could figure out who makes these, alas, I’m not looking again. Lol

The Ulta pen shaped spray hand sanitizer was an old one I used up.  I enjoyed the delivery method.

Charlotte Tilbury Powder.  This was so nice, I think I may still prefer the MUFE pressed powder but this compact… is perfect.  This is the most elegant compact, and I’d buy this again just for the compact.  I think they have them refillable now?  I felt bad tossing this, it’s that pretty. 

849A6BB6-396E-4742-BB96-CDBC1BA6214B.jpeg

Meh

Spoiler

These dang look at me eye patches.  I’ve discovered that most eye patches like this just aren’t for me.  They’re too slippy. 

The Creme Shop cleansing balm wasn’t for me either.  I think I prefer a liquid oil.  This also left my face feeling oily, didn’t wash off at all on its own. 

The Lipstick queen cream blush was a green in the pan and a nice pink on the cheek.  This was nice, but not as nice as others I’ve tried.  

B403B00E-69E9-4872-9B9F-D323514B38E2.jpeg

Nope

Spoiler

This dang egg!!  It somehow hid a gallon of peeling gel inside!  This, while cute, took up too much space on my shelf and had so much product inside that I grew tired of it.  The product inside also isn’t as good as the other peeling gels I’ve got on hand. 

The Masqueology eye patches did nothing for me, though in the past they’ve actually stung my dry skin.  The two blank silver patches held cucumber eye patches that were made of a regular sheet mask material in circles.  I get that you’re meant to put them over your eyes like cucumbers but I need to be able to move around and see.  I just like stickers better.

Kokostar eye patches.  Did nothing. 

Stilla CC Stick. This sat on top of my skin just never looked right. I finished it but certainly didn’t dig in to get the last of the product. 

Quo colour correct palette.  Felt greasy or waxy on my skin and didn’t blend in. Declutter

Living Proof styling products.  Left my hair feeling heavy with product and looking grimy. Declutter.

Fresh and Josie Maran Oils.  I generally only use oils in the winter and when I opened these up they smelled off.  Declutter. 

Benefit Pot Shadow.  Lovely taupe colour but it’s totally dried out.  I’d used about half of it as a one and done shadow look and I’d use it 

A6E2235E-6DE0-4977-B197-D2FB4066B12C.jpeg

That's fantastic @missjeanie that you emptied more items than you had coming in! Impressive that you set goals for number of empties. I just aim to get through what I have. 😆

I'm really wanting a more curated collection @itsfi but the 'waste not, want not' feeling is real too.  I'm hoping a combo of things this year will help me out.  Decluttering, empties goals, less purchasing/more thoughtful purchases, and setting up my 'panning' make up bag on my counter.  I was super happy to have had less coming in than going out.  It makes me feel like I'm on my way to having a collection where I'm excited to use and love the things that I have. 

What are you talking about setting goals with empties? Im new here and trying to figure everything out.

@Josiep23@missjeanie and @RGbrown summed it up very well. No particular way to go about setting goals.

For the most part, I just try to use up what I have, but there have been occasions when I'll set out a specific goal for myself - I set a goal of 100 foil samples in 4 months a couple of years ago because I was just overwhelmed by the sheer number of foil samples I had. Every now and again, I will try to use 2 sheet masks a day for a month (thanks again for inspiring the 2-a-day program missjeanie!). Whether there's a goal you are working towards or you just want to share what products you've gone through, please feel free to jump right on in and join us. We'd love to see/hear about your empties! 😁

@itsfi And thank you for inspiring a Two-a-day February!  Might be more mentally palatable in a shorter month!

@missjeanie, there’s a reason why my first across the board no-buy of the year is this month. Lol! 28 days. 

testing