Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@Anonymous Have you tried the original Babyfoot ones?  I’m just wondering if they compare. 

Anonymous Insider

So funny that you should mention that @heartsmyface! I have a pack of the original Babyfoot ones and plan on using them either this weekend or the next. I'll let you know how it goes.

i had great results with the babyfoot - minus the allergic reaction

Anonymous Insider

oh nooo @sparklekai, an allergic reaction?  

apparently! my feet and ankles were so swollen i could barely walk! but they were baby smooth!

Need to start new year with empty Empties Bag😊 last time I posted was around October so I used up all of these in approximately 2 months.Had to get rid of my favorite Real Technique brush because the handle kinda peel of and it’s sticky and I wasn’t able to clean it off.Had to get rid of my favorite Real Technique brush because the handle kinda peel of and it’s sticky and I wasn’t able to clean it off.

01BD2268-6C59-4BF8-988E-318651C9A330.jpeg

This Dior Mascara is the worst one I’ve ever tried, it’s actually pretty full but I just can’t use ot - it clumps all my lashes together☹️This Dior Mascara is the worst one I’ve ever tried, it’s actually pretty full but I just can’t use ot - it clumps all my lashes together☹️

I had the same issue with the diorshow mascara.  I  chalked it up to maybe getting a dud but I guess not.  @katkapivarci

@heartsmyface I never had this issue with the Diorshow - I actually really like it, that’s why I wanted to try this one. I was really disappointed. It clumped all my lashes together - last time I used I had to remove my whole eye makeup - I decided to toss it after that. 

@katkapivarci what didn't you like about the pixi mist? I got it in the cult bag but haven't tried it out yet. 

@CC3616 It smelled like bad hair spray and alcohol, I don’t know if I had a dud or it was old or it’s just how it smells but that’s why I didn’t finish it - couldn’t stand the smell☹️

Bummer @katkapivarci! Thanks for sharing, maybe I'll pass it along. 

Anonymous Insider

My first empties posts.  Here are my December empties -

Dec empties.jpg

Love

Spoiler

IT Cosmetics Anti-Aging Armour SPF 50+ - This is my new favorite sunblock. It’s a tinted physical sunblock and the color blends in very nicely with my skin tone. On my very best skin days, I can just wear this, some mascara and a lippie of some sort and be on my way. Works well with concealer, foundation and powder as well.

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask – I have a couple of other sleeping masks I am trying but this one will always have a spot in my skincare cabinet.  While its gel consistency makes it light and easy to layer over other skincare products, it is very effective and leaves skin feeling soft and hydrating and looking fresh in the morning.  A must have year-round, but definitely in the winter months.

Heimish All Clean Balm – you may be seeing more of these in empties posts. I received several travel / trial sizes of these with a purchase.  Love the balm – it’s unscented, great as an oil-based cleanser and doesn’t leave any residue behind.

CosRx Acne Pimple Master Patch – this is a life saver for those periodic breakouts.  I keep backups at home at all times.  Several other similar products out there, but this is one of the ones I always come back to.

Blithe Patting Water Pack Soothing & Healing Green Tea – This exfoliant-toner-and-essence in one cuts down my skincare routine and leaves my skin exfoliated, soft, smooth, and primed for moisturizer.  I received my first bottle as a gift and have since given several as gifts to friends and family and have repurchased the Green Tea one as well as picked up the other two “flavors” in the line.  

Clinique Take the Day Off Balm – for years, this Clinique Balm was my HG first cleanser.  Still a favorite, but I’ve been trying out some Korean cleansing balms and oils and have been impressed with how they’ve worked on my skin. This is a tried and true oil-based cleanser and I see myself always having it in my collection, even if I do not reach for it every night like I previously did.

First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads – These are gentle enough for me to use every day and the ones I go back to when I’ve slipped or neglected my skincare regimen and need to jump-start my routine back up.  

Kerastase Oleo-Relax – Have recently been paying more attention to my hair care and initially reached for it again just to finish it but I’ve since become fond of this serum – and, not gonna lie, it’s nice to hear the compliments I get when I use it.

Bioderma Micellar Water – I “triple cleanse” at night, starting first with a micellar water and this has been a HG for so long. LOVE this.

Spoiler
Saturday Skin Moisturizing Cream – I wasn’t expecting much from this moisturizer and was concerned it might be too heavily fragranced, as some K-beauty products can be, but I was pleasantly surprised by its texture, performance and light and fresh scent. It’s thicker in texture than a traditional moisturizer but not as thick as a cream formula.  If you have normal or combo skin, this may work for you year round. For those like me with skin that tends more towards the dry side and is dehydrated, I can see myself reaching for this in the spring, summer and even early fall, but for winter, I need a heavier moisturizer

Leave or Loathe

Spoiler
Ulta Beauty Body Wash (Sugared Vanilla and Sugar Plum Sparkle scented washes) – these were fine. I’m sure I picked them up during a sale…because they were on sale and up to that point, I had never tried Ulta’s body washes. They smell nice and do a perfectly adequate job of cleansing, but there's nothing extraordinary about the scents or the formula. If I were in the store and they were on sale, would I purchase them? Maybe (though probably not in 2018 since I’m working on tightening up on my beauty spend). If I found out these would be on sale, would I head to the store of go online just to purchase them? No.

Loves-IMG_6055.JPG

Likes-IMG_6056.JPG

Just ok-these eye masks are fine but the packaging is a really annoying and hard to use.IMG_6057.JPG

My December empties. Still working through my sample stash but I have definitely made a a sizable

dent in 2017. 

86BF60BD-CDCF-4EF2-A47B-BD3201E7002D.jpegLikesLikesNot for meNot for me

Oh no, i’ve Got a basket of deluxe samples I am trying to use up for 2018 and that Caudalie foaming wash is in there.  Not feeling too optimistic now. @oceanics

I also have the deluxe sample and it's a very gentle cleanser.  It's definitely not going to wash off any makeup.  I use this after my jojoba oil that I use to melt all the make up and I like it as I have sensitive dehydrated skin.  So this works for me.  But I can see why some may not like it as it's not very strong.

It was really watery in consistency but super foamy and would probably be ok as a light second cleanser but I felt that it wasn’t doing anything for me @heartsmyface.

@oceanics  Good idea to use it as a second cleanser.  

My December Empties!

IMG_0418.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Too Cool For School Egg Cream Mask- Probably my favorite sheet mask. I highly recommend it for dry skin.
Macadamia Professionals Weightless Moisture Conditioner- I feel like a broken record with this brand, I just don't really want to use anything else.
Lush It's Raining Men Shower Gel- This smells like honey- just like the scrubees. It's nice and foamy and keeps my skin soft too.
Giorgio Armani Eye To kill Waterproof Mascara- This stuff doesn't budge.
Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub- I like that it doesn't just crumble onto the ground, it actually adhears to the skin while you rub it in. It's the perfect amount of scrub for me too. The smell doesn't hurt either, like syrupy pancakes or something...
Burts Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm- My Favorite lip balm. It lasts on the lips and is enough moisture for me.

Spoiler
Karuna Hydrating Hand Mask- It's hydrating, but I think I might prefer the Sephora brand more, I would repurchase though.
Sweet & Shimmer Foot Mask- I like the product, but not the delivery. The lotion in here is a thicker lotion, and really sticks to your foot. You need a paper towel or something handy to wipe off the excess otherwise you will be rubbing it in for hours. I just have an issue with the packaging... It's plastic, but not like something that will take on the shape of your foot. I don't know if I can really describe it better lol. I had to tape the opening around my ankle because there isn't anything that comes with it like most foot/hand masks to help keep it on your foot. I can definitely see the delivery system being a dealbreaker for some.
Coola Matte Tint Sunscreen Spf 30- I have dry skin, and this didn't make it drier. If you are oily though, this will not keep you matte. My natural oils would always peek through this. I'm pretty pale and the tint disappears, which is a good thing. I just prefer a higher spf.
Korres Body Butter Guava- I use these little tubes as foot cream, and they do a pretty darn good job. I don't like them as body creams though. Strange, I know.

Nopes

Spoiler
id.az moisturizing mask by Glow Recipe- This didn't do anything, and is very heavily fragranced which I don't want in my skincare. I also don't like that I couldn't find the ingredients online before ordering, and the packaging isn't in english, so I have no clue what's in it and had no idea about how much perfume would be in it.
Kiehl's Creme de Corps Body Lotion- I hated this! I made myself use it! It just doesn't moisturize. I thought it would maintain moisture between uses of thicker body butters but no. I'm actually irritated at how much hype this gets. It literally just sits on your skin and does nothing.

RE: Empties

I never save my empties! I’ll start now though! I did just toss out a Clinique Take Off The Day Balm, sol de janeiro body wash and a Luna face oil. Thank goodness I have backups for all three!

RE: Empties

December empties! The first picture is Loves! (Already repurchased the abh brow pencil) Second picture is likes Third pictures is dislikes

testing