Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Oh man, I used to go through so much of that Giovanni scr...

I wanted to love it @fieldsofclover! I really like their body wash and shampoo, but the scrub really irritated my skin. I've had that tube for 3 or 4 years, so I figured it was time to throw it out.

Re: Oh man, I used to go through so much of that Giovanni scr...

@MachynesSister Sad, but good call! It worked for me for ages, then my skin shifted a little and it totally was no good for me anymore. I think it's one of those all-or-nothing products.

Re: Empties

earlier this year a dear friend asked me to keep my empties for the year - so here they are!

208 products.

IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_7809.jpg

16 primers, 13 foundations, 8 concealers, 3 powders, 7 setting sprays, 5 contour products, 8 blush, 3 bronzers, 15 highlights, 3 eye primers, 11 brow products, 2 cream eyeshadows, 13 singles, 4 eye palettes, 1 jumbo pencil, 8 eyeliners, 17 mascaras, 1 lip primer, 6 lip liners, 11 lip crayons, 37 lipsticks, 1 liquid lipstick, 4 lip glosses, 2 lip scrubs, 8 lip balms

IMG_7814.jpg

IMG_7819.jpg

IMG_7817.jpg

IMG_7815.jpg

IMG_7816.jpg

IMG_7811.jpg

IMG_7813.jpg

IMG_7812.jpg

IMG_7810.jpg

IMG_7820.jpg

IMG_7821.jpg

IMG_7828.jpg

IMG_7826.jpg

IMG_7825.jpg

IMG_7822.jpg

IMG_7827.jpg

IMG_7829.jpg

IMG_7830.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7833.jpg

IMG_7834.jpg

IMG_7835.jpg

Wow, that’s dedication!!!  It’s very satisfying seeing the pile of used products!  So you just threw your empties into a bin all year?  Did you learn anything about your buying habits or take away anything unexpected from this project? @sparklekai

@heartsmyface i threw everything in a bin at the end of every month after i moved it from my inventory.  

i think my take aways were that i really don't need to shop ever again 😛  i think i was most surprised about how many lipsticks i used.  which makes me feel better (ish) about how many i have but really i don't need anything more.  i need to make progress in what i have and keep track of what i really really love to repurchase or consider repurchasing after i make a significant dent in my collection - 300+ lip products so that's gonna be a long time from now!

my goal is to get my collection down to having 2 or 3 of most category with the exception of shadows and lip products that i'd like more variety in.  

Wow, so much product!! I can barely pan an eyeshadow!! Very impressive. 

Darn, that is impressive @sparklekai!!!

@sparklekai Wow, I love this! Empties goals! 🙂

Wow you did great! #2018goals

Wow you did great! #2018goals

Re: Wow you did great! #2018goals

i'm on mat leave until september so i wont use as much in 2018

I need to post my empties soon.  I was procrastinating and had a whole pile and my dad misunderstood and thought they were trash (I mean, they are, I just wasn't ready to toss 'em yet) so now I don't have my full lot. 😞

my mom and i have this convo every month! 

mom: is that garbage?

me: no - they're empties

mom: so garbage

me: kinda but not yet

LikesLikes

LovesLovesLikesLikesno fails. Most everything I have really liked. Repurchased the amika shampoo, Kate Somerville exfolikate and have more samples of the caudalie eye cream. 

I'm just posting to see if this shows on the main page 🙂

Here’s my Empties I’ll have my fall Samples video up soon, but I put mini reviews on the other pictures.

All great choicesAll great choicesToo many to reviewToo many to reviewLove self tan on winter skin naturalLove self tan on winter skin natural

It's been awhile since my empties bag was full, definitel...

It's been awhile since my empties bag was full, definitely need to step it up in 2018

LOVES:

Spoiler
-Bath & Body Works shower gels, all of which are scents I love that they have long since discontinued, le sigh
-Mario Badescu Cucumber Cleansing Lotion, a staple
-Lancome Genifique serum
-YSL Black Opium
-NYX Drop Foundation, surprising love
-ColourPop Too Lips, a favorite but this one expired
-Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
-Josie Maran Skin Finisher, great base, particularly when I get the occasional dry patch.

No complete fails, fortunately.  All other items were OK but didn't seem to do anything special.

December Empties: foils edition. I went traveling recentl...

December Empties: foils edition. I went traveling recently and challenged myself to use up a bunch

@Lazybeautybeast I love that Fresh mask!

@Lazybeautybeast I love that Fresh mask!

IMG_4171.jpgIMG_4172.JPG

loves:

- Drunk Elephant - C - firma Day Serum 

- Loccitaane - supple skin almond oil 

- Origins - United states of balance toner

- Peter thomas roth - Cloud Cream moisturizer this will be now forever in my skincare regimen 

Pinrose - Treehouse royal perfume (fastest bottle of perfume i have used so far. and I can't find this scent at sephora anymore! 😞 

- Jose maran argan oil whipped body butter - sweet citrus i like the unscented more though 

- Smashbox - Primer water setting mist

- softsoap: coconut butter body wash

- Sunday Riley: good genes the grail of holy grails this will be forever now in my skincare regimen worth every pretty penny!!!

- Sunday Riley: Luna sleeping Night oil

- Too Faced 3 in one primer mist sample

- Me Bath! lavandar shower melts

- Commoddity fragrance- gold (sephora sample vial size) (but still on the fence over whether to purchase it or not. 

Meh: 

- Laura mercier - foundation Primer

- h20 face serum

- Secret deoderant: lavender (i like some of the other scents from this line better)

RE: Re: Empties

How did you like Good Genes @WhereYouStand?

Re: RE: Re: Empties

hi bakeamuffin! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Sunday Riley good genes! it's officially in my skincare regiment permanently now. 🙂 I really wish it was cheaper as I am already three fourths through a second bottle of good genes as we speak. which will likely be showing up in my next empties photo.

1 Reply
testing