Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

November Empties!

11.17 empties.jpg

Loves: sad it's empty, will repurchase!

11.17 loves.JPG

Spoiler
BBW Autumn Candle
Wella Brilliance Shampoo and Treatment Mask
BBW Tutti Dolve Golden Praline Honey Body Cream and Creamy Body Wash
Skinfood Marine Food Gel Mask in Pearl and Jellyfish. (these were SO good. My skin and my fiance's skin were so hydrated and soft the next morning!!) 
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (I continue to repurchase and will never buy another top coat than this one!)
Real Techniques Sponge
Josie Maran Vibrancy Foundation RG45 (I have combo skin and this works amazing. Looks glowy and natural on the skin and applies like butter!)

11.17 likes.JPG

Spoiler
BBW Hey Honey Honeyed Pear Candle
Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder
Clinique Take the day off Cleansing Balm
Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze 02 (this is the same product as the cult favorite LM Highlight 01 but in bronzer form. Really pretty and natural with some subtle glow. I like this but it pulled a tad orange if I applied too much)
Burberry Fresh Glow Primer
Sunday Riley CEO Rapid Flash Brightening Serum
Origins Plantscription Eye Cream
Algenist Complete Renewal Eye Balm
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (helps to heal and soothe my keratosis pilaris on my arms)
Boscia Pore Pudding Mask
Cane and Austin Miracle Pad + 30% 
Benefit Porefessional Primer
Korres Greek Yoghurt Smoothie Priming Moisturizing
Dermologia Daily Superfoliant
Our Own Candle Company Candle in Tuscan Vineyard
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
Alterna Caviar CC Cream Extra Hold for hair

So-so: used it up, I don't plan to repurchase

11.17 soso.JPG

Spoiler
Farmacy Honey Drop Moisturizer - very lightweight not much hydration even for my combo skin
Clinique Pep Start Exfoliating Cleanser
Strivectin Intensive Concentrate for Wrinkles and Stretch Marks
NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in St. Moritz - nice and lightweight but has no grip or staing power and literally wipes away if you touch your face at all
NARS All Day Luminous Foundation in Santa Fe
Victoria's Secret Love Spell - nearly no staying power. This is old. So maybe that's why. lol
Smashbox Photofinish Pore Minimizing - balled up and was too thick. 
Living Proof Timeless pre-shampoo treatment - I didn't really understand this product. It was a hassle and extra step that didn't produce any results
Tarte Clean Queen - nice for a vegan deodorant but I prefer DOVE.
Spongeable - was too harsh and scratchy on the body and the shower gel that was supposed to last 30?+ washes definitely lasted maybe 10.

RE: Empties

All my November empties. RIP to the Benefit Gimme Brow, I just discovered it and now it’s discontinued 😩

Re: RE: Empties

Is it really discontinued or is it just unavailable due to the recall?

RE: Re: RE: Empties

I’ve read that Benefit is discontinuing it completely. I don’t know if that’s changed or not. @suzyo

RE: Re: RE: Empties

I thought it was just recalled. I read in another thread that it would be back mid-January, but I don't know how accurate that is. *ps, I luv your Pibble!!! Dis is mine:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Empties

@Susubee aaaaa your dog is adorbababble 😍

@Susubee What a cutie!

So cute @Susubee! They make the best pouty faces!

Re: RE: Empties

what! I didnt know it was discontinued 😞

I know! I got my gimme brow sample, tried it, immediately wanted more... only to discover I couldn't get it anymore anywhere 😩. If you're looking for a replacement, I got the Glossier Boy Brow earlier this week, and so far it's working fabulously!

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up @Susubee

I'm cleaning house today so need to post my empties from...

I'm cleaning house today so need to post my empties from the first half (ish) of November so I can toss them. I finished off a lot of stuff mostly samples and Dash. I'm trying to get through my foils so I tried lots of new things. I really liked the both the glow recipe and laneige sleeping masks. Also the Becca backlight primer, Bye Bye lines serum from It Cosmetics, the MUFE foundation, Egg Mellow Cream, and Beauty Balm stood out...I could see myself getting these again. My beauty blender that is a year ish old didn't make it through the last wash, so it was time to say goodbye to it. If anyone sees something they want input on, let me know. There is a lot there so I'm not going to list it all. There are a few things that I definitely wouldn't get again.

Re: I'm cleaning house today so need to post my empties from...

hi lazybeautybeast I am kinda curious about the Jurlique bottle in your collection it the the rose toning mist and if so what your thoughts are on it. I think I have one in  my collection somewhere and haven't tried it yet. 

I actually still have it I’ve had it since about March or April but I have switched to the Sunday Riley

I have a massive amount of empties to post here... a year's worth to be specific, so here it goes: 

IMG_20171108_194118029.jpg

Spoiler

Declutter/Hated

• Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask

I’ve grown out of enjoying masks and this was very stripping on my skin; WNR

• Michael Todd Kaolin Clay Mask

I’ve grown out of enjoying masks and this was very stripping on my skin; WNR

• Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic

Didn’t see results; didn’t like scent; WNR

• Origins Drink Up-Intensive Overnight Mask

Don’t really care for Origins products anymore; WNR

• Derma-E Overnight Peel with AHA

Hated the scent and didn’t see significant results; WNR

• Watts Beauty ArganGold

Purchased off Amazon; at the time facial oils didn’t work for me; WNR

• Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil

At the time my face was too acne-prone to use facial oils but now I am enjoying the Ordinary Rosehip oil; WNR

• Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

No longer have severe acne; WNR

• Innisfree samples (assorted)
Received for free during a trip to Korea; never got around to using them; WNR

@morgannicole  Loved reading all your mini reviews.  Thanks for sharing!

IMG_20171108_195728385.jpg

Spoiler
  • Tony Moly Goat Milk Moisture Mask Sheet
  • Innisfree Pomegranate Mask
  • Mediheal Teatree Care Solution Mask
  • Mediheal WHP White Hydration Mask

I’m pretty sure this mask made me break out pretty badly and I’m too nervous to use the other ones I have of the same kind

• Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels
  • Mac Demi-Wipes

I don’t use makeup remover wipes on my face however I really like the scent of these so I use them to clean my makeup brushes and wipe off my makeup desk; HAR

• Cleansing Towelette with Vitamin E
  • Klorane Eye Contour Patches
  • PC Instant Matte Finish
  • PC triple Action Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA
  • Algenist Genius Eye Cream
  • Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask
  • Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
  • Pyunkang Yul Samples
  • PC Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser
  • Farmacy Eye Dew Eye Cream

None of these samples were memorable or remarkable for me; I had considered purchasing the Kiehl’s avocado eye treatment at one point, however after trying a sample I realize it’s not for me. It’s very thick and never really feels like it sinks in

IMG_20171108_195305460.jpg

Spoiler
  • Trader Joe’s Jojoba Oil

This is my favorite eye makeup remover and lasts a very long time; currently using something else for eye makeup remover but WR

• Cerave Skin Renewing Serum

Did not care for this serum; I didn’t find it very moisturizing and I didn’t notice any other results; WNR

• PC Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid

I don’t notice any different in formulations of BHA liquids from PC but I liked this for travel; WCR

• PC Resist 10% Niacinamide

I really didn’t notice any results whatsoever with this skin booster and even struggled to use it up. I know some people notice significant results in pore size with niacinamide, I just didn’t for whatever reason; WNR

• PC Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator

I don’t remember enjoying using this at all; WNR

• Tatcha Essence

Maybe this was too small of a sample to notice any results, but this wasn’t memorable at all; WNR

• DE Virgin Marula Oil

This is a fantastic facial oil and this tiny sample lasted me a very long time (3 months used a few times a week) I am definitely considering buying the full size, but probably will wait for the VIB sale since it’s so expensive; WCR

• DE B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel

I didn’t notice much hydration with this; I think it’s designed more for oily dehydrated skin but it didn’t seem to do much for my skin; WNR

• DE TLC Framboise Glycolic Night Serum

This was a pretty good AHA but it’s not what I look for in an acid; WNR

• DE C-Firma Day Serum

This is a really good vitamin C serum but I’m currently looking for something a bit more affordable; WCR

• SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

No noticeable results for such a small sample; WNR

• PC Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster

This tiny sample lasted a long time, but it isn’t really a product I see myself needing. It’s very heavy and would be ideal for severely dry skin; WNR

• Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Oil

I no longer use this directly on my skin, however I would consider repurchasing for sanitizing things or as a pillow spray; WCR

• DE Pekee Bar and Juju Bar (sample size)

This product completely surprised me; The pekee bar is incredibly foamy yet moisturizing, great as a morning cleanser, and the juju bar is great for removing makeup (surprise!). I would definitely consider getting the full size of both of these at least for travel; WR

• Algenist Genius Anti-Aging Cream

I used this as a neck cream since I just got it as a sample; WNR

• Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm

I actually liked this way more than I expected and found it really effective at removing makeup yet gentle. I’ve already repurchased the full size; HR

• Belif True Cream

I liked this way more than I thought and found it really moisturizing but probably wouldn’t purchase the full size only because I have cheaper moisturizers I like just as well; WNR

IMG_20171108_194814739.jpg

Spoiler
  • Shiseido Facial Cotton (x2)

I’d be open to trying other cottons, but at the moment I love this; HAR

• First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser

This is a nice cleanser, but I felt it was making me break out after consistent use. I did like how foamy it was though. WCR

• PC Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser (x2)

HG cleanser; it’s great for clearing up oil/ taking off makeup without being stripping; does not foam, it’s more of a gel cleanser. HAR

• Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

This is an awesome morning cleanser, but it’s a bit expensive for what it is; WCR

• Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

I only use micellar waters for taking off eye makeup and didn’t feel this was effective enough. I’ll stick to traditional eye makeup removers or oils; WNR

• PC Skin-Absorbing Mask

I really didn’t like using this after a while because it was a bit tingly and I didn’t get that clear pore feeling afterwards that I love with clay masks; WNR

• PC Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner

This is the best moisturizing toner I’ve found although I go through it really fast for the price; I’m currently trying other essences and moisturizing toners but will probably repurchase sometime in the future; WR

• PC Resist Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA

I love all of PC’s liquid BHAs and find them very effective for clearing out pores and keeping away blackheads; WR

• PC Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA

This is too strong of an AHA for me; it stung when I used it and I would find my skin irritated afterwards; WNR

• PC Resist Intensive Repair Cream

This is too rich of a moisturizer for me; broke me out; WNR

• PC Resist Weekly Retexturizing Foaming Treatment 4% BHA

Probably my favorite formulation of PC BHA, although it’s too strong to use daily; it’s great as a weekly treatment; WR

• Trader Joe’s Vitamin E Oil

This is not what I expected; it’s mostly soybean oil and is very heavy and doesn’t work to take makeup off at all; it’s also not effective as a hair oil; WNR

• Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil

This had a nice scent and was effective to take off eye makeup, but I like jojoba oil better; WNR

• The Ordinary Buffet Serum

This is a fantastic serum for the price. It does have quite a sticky feeling when you apply it, but it sinks in within a few minutes leaving your skin feeling really hydrated. WR

IMG_20171108_200349662.jpg

Spoiler

Body Care

• Dr. Teal’s Ultra Moisturizing Mineral Soak Avocado Oil

These mineral soaks are nice and economical for the amount you get, but certainly not that luxurious or remarkable; WCR

• Nivea Men Maximum Hydration Body Wash

My fiance used this body wash up; he has since switched to something more gentle as these tend to dry his skin out; WNR

• Soap & Glory Rich & Foamous

I don’t typically like S&G scents, but this has a very nice nutty/mapley scent. I enjoyed using it and really appreciated the pump, however like most shower gels, I don’t find it moisturizing whatsoever; WCR

• Dove Sensitive Skin Bar Soap

This was my go to soap for a while, but now I am using something a bit more cleansing; WCR

• Dr. Bronners Castille Bar Soap Green Tea

I like these Dr. Bronners bar soaps, however I don’t really notice the scent differences when using them; WCR

• L’Occitane Amande Exfoliating Soap

I much prefer using the shower oil to this. I don’t see the point of using an expensive bar soap as you go through it so fast. Also the exfoliating particles were not pleasant; WNR

• Johnson’s Bedtime Baby Moisture Wash

I love this wash because the scent is very calming and nostalgic for me. It’s a very soft lavender scent and can be used either as a bubble bath or a body wash. I used it as both and enjoyed it; WCR

• Lush Yuzu and Cocoa Shower Cream

I love the scent of this; it’s a bit of a dessert like scent, but without being overly sweet. I like Lush shower gels, but I only ever get the miniature sizes so I enjoy them more and don’t get sick of them. They are also not at all moisturizing; WCR

• Lush The Comforter Shower Cream

This is my favorite Lush scent; echo the thoughts on the other shower gels; WCR

• L’Occitane Amande Shower Oil

This is such a luxurious shower oil and there was a time when I was absolutely obsessed over the scent. I’m a bit tired of it now so I’m taking a break, however I still buy this as gifts for people and they always ask me about it afterwards; WCR

• Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub

I liked the scent of this scrub, similar to the rich & foamous, but with more maple. I go through these pot scrubs really fast though. I would say it was a good level of scrubbiness; WCR

• Lush Cup O’Coffee Face and Body Mask

I recall this being pretty expensive and I only got a handful of uses out of it. I didn’t feel the scent was really that enjoyable, it reminded me of an old stale pot of coffee. It’s also more of a gel consistency than a scrubby one. WNR

• Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser

This should have been with skincare, but I used it in the shower. I absolutely hated this facial clenaser and struggled to use it up. It does NOT remove makeup at all, and I found it a bit stripping. It’s a gel like consistency, but I didn’t really find it suited my needs as I like using gel cleansers after removing makeup for a double cleanse. This won’t help you get any makeup off and doesn’t really seem to clean all that well; WNR

• Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel

I recall this being a nice shave gel; it’s pretty moisturizing; WCR

• Gillette Venus plus Olay Shower and Shave Cream- Freesia

This is definitely my favorite shave cream that I’ve used up in the past year. I seem to use it up a bit faster than other shave gels however it’s extremely moisturizing and has a really pleasant floral smell. WCR

• EOS Shave Cream- Tropical Fruit

I liked the tropical scent of this, but it was a bit oily to use with my razors and I didn’t feel that it lathered enough to get a proper shave; WNR

• Razors (?)

I’m not picky about razors as long as they have at least 3 blades. I throw them out when they get too gunky.

• PC Clinical Body Butter

Not memorable enough to use again; WNR

• FAB Ultra Repair Cream

This cream is effective, however I usually prefer something a bit more luxurious to use when I get out of the shower and it’s too thick to use on my face; WNR

• Rio de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream

This is as fabulous as everyone says it is. It smells fantastic and the smell lingers. It also gives your skin a nice glow. I just wish the full size wasn’t so pricey; WCR

• Palmer’s coconut Oil Body Lotion

I bought this for a wedding to use after self-tanning my legs but I got really sick of it after a while. It doesn’t sink in very well and smells more like cocoa butter than coconut; WNR

• Gold Bond Rough & Bumpy Skin

I didn’t enjoy using this and didn’t feel it helped with the bumps on my arms. It’s a basic body lotion; WNR

• L’Occitane Supple Skin Oil (full size and mini)

This oil is very pleasant to use, however I’m not sure a spray bottle is the best packaging. The oil inevitably gets everywhere and leaves my floor slippy and covered in oil. I ended up dumping it out in my palm. Between this and the shower oil, I’d definitely choose the shower oil over this as it’s easier to use and has the same scent; WNR

• Eau des Minimes Everyday Deodorant with Alum Stone

This is the only natural deodorant I continue to repurchase. It’s a strange liquidy consistency, however I find it’s very effective at keeping the odor away, probably because of the alum. I also really like the natural scent. This is probably my 3rd or 4th bottle. They used to sell this at Ulta, but you can also get it on Amazon; WDR

Spoiler
IMG_20171108_201031456.jpg

Spoiler

Miscellaneous

• Crest Pro-Health Advanced Mouthwash

Works fine as a mouthwash; nothing remarkable, would probably buy again if it was on sale; WCR

• Up & Up pH balance feminine wash (x2)

This works fine as a feminine wash but I’m taking a break from using it as I think that although it says pH balanced, it can be disruptive to your natural pH if used consistently; WCR

• Williams and Sonoma Spiced Chestnut Hand Soap

I used to be obsessed with this scent from W&S, however it’s been discontinued. I would probably purchase this if I saw they brought it back though; WCR

• BBW Crisp Morning Air hand soap

This smells so nice however I don’t think I’ll be purchasing BBW soaps for a while. If I were however, I would definitely pick up this scent ; WCR

• Dr. Bronners Castille Soap- Green Tea

My favorite scent of Dr. Bronners. I use this all around the house to clean and also for my makeup brushes; HAR

• Re-Nu Sensitive Contact Solution

All contact solutions are created equal in my eyes (no pun intended); nothing special about this one

• Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve Apples & Spice Soap

My new favorite brand of soap. It’s local to my area, but I know they sell and ship from online. I will definitely be stocking up on gifts and for the house around the holidays; WTR

• Earth Therapeutics Konjac Vegetable Facial Sponge

I don’t think these konjac sponges do much of anything and I feel they start to get gross really quickly. I definitely don’t see myself repurchasing any konjac sponges; WNR

• Earth Therapeutics Purifying Hydrosponge

I love this as a loofah. It’s lasted me a very long time and makes my soaps and shower gels very lathered; WCR

• Naphcon-A Eye Allergy Relief

My eye doctor told me to stop using these for allergies because over time they dry your eyes out… so, doctor’s orders WNR

• Nasal Steroid

I use these for my seasonal allergies. They work well but only with consistent use; WCR

• Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner

This works nicely as a spot brush cleaner, but I’m eager to try others. I’m currently using the It Cosmetics one which I like equally well but I’d consider getting another one of these. The nozzle broke right away though and I never got around to exchanging it. WCR

• Always Feminine Wipes (x2)

I always have these stocked in my bathroom for just in case. They have a nice fresh scent and the package lasts me a long time; HAR

• Dr. Bronners Peppermint All-One Toothpaste

This is an interesting natural toothpaste. It has a somewhat baking soda/gritty like consistency, and doesn’t leave your mouth feeling very minty, but your teeth will feel clean. Probably wouldn’t repurchase since it wasn’t remarkable and I’d have to order it online; WNR

• Aquafresh Whitening Action Toothpaste (x2)

These are fine as toothpastes. I just buy whatever is on sale though; WNR

• Crest Pro-Health toothpaste

“    ”

• Marvis Ginger Mint Toothpaste

I love the Marvis toothpaste flavors, but I just get the minis as a treat when traveling; WCR

• Crest Cavity Toothpaste

“    “

• Clarisonic Sensitive Brush head (x5)

I exchange these out once every three months as suggested even though I use them infrequently (once every two weeks). I only get the sensitive brush heads as the regular ones make me break out since they are a bit too harsh; HAR

• Real Techniques Miracle Sponge

I like this just as well as the beauty blender, the only problem is that my cat always finds ways to steal them so I keep having to buy new ones; HAR

• Glide Pro-health floss

I’m not picky about brands of floss as long as they are have the slippy/glidey surface; WCR

• Real Techniques Stippling brush

I was disappointed to see this one go, but I did get a lot of use out of it and RT brushes are so inexpensive. I’ve already picked up a replacement; HAR

• Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon

I liked this scent but not enough to purchase the full size; WNR

• Commodity Tea

I really love this scent, probably one of the best perfume samples I’ve tried, however the full size bottle is extremely pricey and I don’t find this fragrance lasts very long on my skin so I don’t see myself purchasing this unfortunately even though I would like to have the fragrance; WNR

• Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Gel

This works fine as a brush cleaner but I like Dr. Bronner’s better; WNR

• Sephora Instant Nail Polish Remover

These work great and I love the convenience of the wipe; I can remove all the polish on my nails with one wipe and since I don’t paint my nails often the pack lasts me a long time; WCR

IMG_20171108_201629683.jpg

Spoiler

Household

• Meyers Lavender Laundry Scent Booster

This is my absolute favorite scent of Meyers home products and I’ve purchased almost everything in this scent. By now I’m interested to try other scents though. I picked up the pumpkin spice counter spray and am currently loving that. WCR

• Meyers Lavender Hand Soap Refill

“    “

• Kenko Matcha Green Tea

I used this to make matcha lattes but ended up buying another brand to restock. I don’t see much difference between green teas honestly, but I’m interested to try different brands; WNR

• Febreze Extra Strength
Works great as a room or fabric spray and isn’t too overpowering; HAR

IMG_20171108_201951434.jpg

Spoiler

Hair

• Dove Quench Absolute Conditioner (for curly, coarse hair)

I don’t think Dove conditioners are anything special, but I do enjoy using them. I will probably purchase another Dove deodorant at some point, but wouldn’t say this is any different from their other formulations; WNR

• Head & Shoulders Oil Control Shampoo + Conditioner

My fiance uses this for his dandruff prone hair. It does work but dries your hair out after consistent use. He has since switched to something more natural; WNR

• Kenra Volumizing Shampoo

I don’t feel this did anything for volumizing; WNR

• Kenra Curl Co-Wash

This is the greasiest co-wash I’ve ever used; WNR

• Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist

Fantastic deep conditioner. Great to keep in your shower for weekly use and I love the coconut scent; HAR

• Paul Mitchell Keratin Cream Rinse Awapuhi Ginger

I love the scent of the awapuhi ginger range, but this conditioner is not at all effective. I think it’s meant for damaged or color treated hair. I will repurchase from the Awapuhi ginger range, but not the conditioner; WNR

• Paul Mitchell Round Trip Curl Definer

This is the best curl definer I’ve found. I’m not sure if this version has been discontinued though, I need to check; WTR

• Kenra Curl Definer Creme

I didn’t feel this helped with my curls at all. The packaging was really innovative, but hard to get out towards the end; WNR

• Caviar Rapid Repair Spray

I didn’t feel this did anything for my hair and I struggled to use up even this small bottle; WNR

• Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

This is the best clarifying shampoo I have found. I only user once every 5 or 6 washes, but it’s very effective. WR

• Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Treatment Mask

The scent of this is gag-inducing. I absolutely hated it and WNR

• Devacurl One Condition

I don’t remember anything remarkable about this conditioner; WNR

• SG Dry Shampoo

Average dry shampoo; there are others that are more effective; WNR

• Psst! Dry Oil Spray

I loved the scent of this, but it’s not something I need that often. If you have very dry ends I think it would be great, however it does make your hair pretty greasy very quickly even if you just use on the ends. I prefer using a shine spray rather than this; WNR

• Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal

Holy crap I had this for like 6 years and could NOT use it up. I finally forced myself to use it as a hair mask, but I started to really hate it. It’s very heavy and you need so little that it lasts forever. I think I had purchased it at TJMaxx but would never purchase anything from this line again; WNR

• Kevin Murphy Smooth Again Anti-Frizz Treatment

I got sucked into buying this at the salon to deal with my frizz, but I didn’t feel it worked well for me. I hated the packaging as it’s really hard to get out towards the end plus it’s very expensive (I think $34 for the bottle); WNR

• Devacurl Supercream

Don’t remember anything remarkable about this; WNR

• Kenra Blow Dry Spray

This had a really nice scent, I think I got it in an Ulta beauty blast, but I don’t blow dry and rarely heat style my hair so it was hard to use up; WNR

• Caviar Miracle Multiplying Volume MIst

I loved this and did feel it volumized my hair, however I only got 4-5 uses out of this bottle and the full size is pretty expensive; WCR

• Drybar Triple Sec dry shampoo

This dry shampoo was nice; I got about 2 uses out of this can. Probably wouldn’t purchase as I think cheap dry shampoos work just as well; WNR

• 12 benefits hair treatment

I like It’s a 10 a lot better than this personally, probably because of the scent; WNR

• BB invisible oil primer

This has a nice scent but is just marketing. I don’t think it does anything for your hair; WNR

• Foil packets (unmemorable)

IMG_20171108_203819841.jpg

Spoiler
  • Lancome Hypnose Star

This is a good mascara but I never feel high end mascaras are worth the price; WNR

• Dior Diorshow Maximizer

I didn’t notice any enhancement or priming effect with my lashes; WNR

• L’Oreal Voluminous

I love pretty much everything in the Voluminous range and this is one of the few mascaras I actually do repurchase; WCR

• Rimmel Super Curler

Saw no curling effect with this mascara, however I do have very droopy lashes; WNR

• Maybelline Mega Plush

I couldn’t even finish the tube of this. The wand was way too feathery that it was hard to grip your lashes; WNR

• Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof

This is probably the only mascara I’ve used up that I definitely want to repurchase. It is the only mascara I’ve ever noticed actually holds my curl somewhat. I like this better than the BTS original and want to purchase another at least in the mini; WTR

• Clinique High Impact

I like Clinique mascaras, however I only get them as point perks as I don’t like paying for high end mascaras; WNR

• Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant

“   ”

• Mac False Lashes Extreme

I got this as a sample with an order and ended up using it for a wedding in which I did the bridesmaids’ makeup. It worked great on my client’s lashes but I threw out afterwards; WNR

• Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy
Sigh* these are soooo nice but I would probably only get if there was a deal as they are pretty pricey and I go through them really fast; WCR

IMG_20171108_203331617.jpg

Spoiler
  • Glossier Balm Dot Com (Plain)

I love these lip balms and have already repurchase 3 more in different scents. I use every morning before putting on makeup and keep one in my bag throughout the day. They are very thick but do soak in your lips well; HAR

• Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen 50

One of the best sunscreens I’ve ever found; it has a nice light citrusey scent that is not at all overpowering and it sinks in almost immediately. It also has a very dry consistency so you never feel greasy. HAR the full size

• Etude House Sunprise SPF 50

I absolutely LOVED this sunscreen. I originally purchased to make into a cushion sunscreen as per Gothamista however I ended up not really using it that way. It also has a citrusy scent that is very pleasant and is very watery making it easy to blend in; WTR

• RMS Unpowder

Hated this powder. Is it possible for a powder to be TOO finely milled? This powder would fly everywhere and always left me coughing and gagging. I have found other powders I like a lot better than this and this is so expensive for what it is; WNR

• Bare Minerals Warmth

This is way too warm for fair skin. It was very hard to use without looking crazy orange but I was able to use it up. I would consider repurchasing in a much lighter shade, but I have several other bronzers to work through first; WNR

• Sonia Kashuk Cream Blush (poppy)

This took FOREVER to use up. You need the tiniest amount and it is a very bright intense color. I has a nice sweet scent but I got really sick of it after a while. I even got persistant and took the top off to scrape out the last bit, but I was so glad to be done with it; WNR

• Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Concealer

This is a nice concealer, but very light coverage, if any at all. Great if you just want for highlighting, but I think Maybelline Fit me works just as well; WNR

• NYX Micro Brow Pencil

This is comparable to the Anastasia brow wiz in shade and pencil size, however it is just the slightest bit more waxy. I somehow feel the brow wiz lasts longer, and for that reason I would just fork over the extra money for the brow wiz, however I would purchase this in a pinch if I needed a brow pencil; WCR

• Hourglass 1.5 mm eye Pencil

This eye pencil is so good- very creamy and so precise, however you get the tiniest amount for the price. This is one I would consider picking up for the VIB sale, however it’s not something I would purchase or use all the time only because of the price; WCR

• L’Oreal Infallible Super Slim liquid eyeliner

This is fine as an eyeliner but not my favorite; WNR

• Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

Very good for the price, lasts me about 3-5 months, I would consider repurchasing, however I like getting the KVD point perks that last me just as long; WCR

• Bare Minerals Eye Pencil Midnight (DNF)

This was really old and dried up; I had to throw out the rest. I didn’t really like it anyways as it was really hard to get off and too smudgy; WNR

• Marc Jacobs eye pencil (DNF)

I got this as a point perk but for some reason it dried up really fast; I think this was the formula before the one they currently have out but I’m not for certain; either way WNR

• Julep Gel Eye Crayon

I got a couple of these eye crayons last year for Christmas and actually ended up loving them. They are very smooth and easy to use. You can use them a few times before sharpening. I am currently working through the brown one and still loving them, I’m not sure if I would go out of my way to purchase them though since I’ve never seen them at Ulta or Sephora. If I did I would purchase, but probably wouldn’t go out of my way to purchase them anywhere else; WCR

• Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner Deep Blue

These eyeliners are pretty good for the price, but nothing special. They are pretty smooth and don’t smudge for me, but I’m interested to try other eyeliners before purchasing more of these; WNR

• Glossier Boy Brow

Eh, I’m not on the bandwagon with this one. I guess it’s good if you have somewhat thick brows, but I have brows that are almost non existent so it doesn’t do much for me. I like the Essence make me brow better; WNR

• Sephora Lip Pencil

This was so dry and hard to use! It probably just got old, but I WNR for that reason; WNR

• Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner Addiction

These lipliners are really nice for the price but because they are so soft they crumble really easily. I have at least one other to get through so I won’t be repurchasing at least for a while; WNR

• Mac Paint Pot Soft Ochre

If you’ve ever used up one of these you know how triumphant it feels. I have one other I’m using right now, and I think you absolutely get your money’s worth, however I don’t think it’s the best as an eye primer. You have to use only a tiny bit to really get the priming effect but is great if you have very veiny eyeliners; WCR

• RMS Living Luminizer
When I first got this I hated it because I couldn’t figure out how to use it. After consistent use though I grew to absolutely love it. It looks so natural and is so easy to apply once you warm it with your fingers. I definitely want to try other shades and different brands/versions of this type of highlighter as I don’t like traditional powder highlighters. I just hate how expensive this tiny pot is and it only lasted me probably 6 months with daily use; WCR

IMG_20171108_203007367.jpg

Spoiler

• Hourglass MIneral Veil Primer

I don’t get what everyone loves about this primer; it’s fine, but nothing special; WNR

• Too Faced Hangover RX Facial Spray

This was so enjoyable to use and I love the coconut scent, but this tiny bottle only lasted me 2 uses and the full size is too pricey for me. I would only buy this if it were significantly on sale; WCR

• Becca First Light Primer

I ended up liking this and already purchased the full size. It has a very subtle effect; HAR

• Becca Backlight Primer

This is a really nice illuminating primer, but only gives a glow, it doesn’t minimize pores or texture. I generally prefer a primer that can do both so for that reason I would not purchase the full size of this; WNR

• FAB Coconut Skin Moisturizer

I actually hated the scent of this. I smelled like medicine to me for some reason and I didn’t really feel it was that effective as a primer or even as a moisturizer; WNR

• Bare Minerals Prime Time

This is a silicone like primer that I got in a Bare Minerals set, it was okay to use up but WNR

• Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer

This is a great primer for the price. It has a chemically smell, but I don’t find it offensive; WCR but I have way too many other primers to use up right now

• L’Oreal Miracle Blur Primer

Another silicone like primer; it isn’t that effective at minimizing texture or pores; WNR

• Mac Fix +

Mac Fix+ is the best for helping set and mesh all your makeup together when you’re done; I’ve already repurchased the coconut version; HAR

• Smashbox Primer Water

I don’t get the hype on this one. It’s just like regular water; I didn’t notice any effects before or after putting on makeup; WNR

• Milani Make it Last Setting Spray

This has a pleasant floral-like scent, but it’s very intense and probably not for everyone. I enjoyed using it, but I also feel it’s pretty expensive for the size and would prefer using Mac Fix+ over this; WNR

• Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

This is pretty effective as a setting spray, but I don’t generally need a “hairspray for your face” setting spray and generally prefer something like Mac Fix+ that sets down the powdery look. I would pick up another one of these as a point perk though; WCR

• Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation

This is a fantastic long wearing foundation and I love the scent, but I hate the pour out bottle. It lasted a long time for the price and I found the shade match to be pretty good for my skin tone; WCR

• Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour foundation

I used to really like this, but as my skin got drier it just wasn’t ideal for me; it’s very thick and can be hard to blend to look natural. It does last a very long time, but I probably wouldn’t repurchase as Tarte foundations tend to look a bit off on me due to the yellow-tint and it’s also not what I look for in a foundation anymore; WNR

• Innisfree Water Glow Foundation

This dried out so fast I felt it was a waste of money. It does give a nice glow to the skin, but is only useful if you use it with another foundation or you have perfect skin because there is virtually no coverage; WNR

• Bare Minerals Matte
Bare Minerals is my absolute favorite powder foundation. I feel it’s foolproof and so natural looking. The matte does look slightly more matte that the original, but still never looks dry. HAR in the original.  

October 2017 empties! Lots of bodycare products this month. Lots of just ok items but no dislikes! That's a win to me. 🙂

Love it (definitely will repurchase):

IMG_4010.JPG

Just ok: 

IMG_4011.JPG

testing